This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Well, I finished Ocarina of Time again. Gameplay gets a bit pants at the end due to the amount of times I've played it, but the ending is quite poignant.
  • a bit pants
    Bwahahahaha.
  • Bwahahahaha.
    It was, one might say, a bag of spanners.
  • a bit pants
    Bwahahahaha.
    I concur. I'm going to start saying that.
  • I've heard Gordon Ramsay use that phrase too. I'm a fan of it.
  • edited October 2009
    Really people? Really..?
    If Emily actually uses "Tits!" or "A bit pants." and doesn't make it sound completely unnatural, she wins a small plate of jellied eels.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Currently playing Sonic Chronicles, which is enjoyable if occasionally frustrating at times.

With the announcement of the new Rocket Knight game, I'm going to try and marathon through the series. Not sure if I'm going to play through them honestly or with states yet.
  • Sonic Chronicles, while IMO a good game, has some of the worst sound design of any game I've played recently.

Any way,my current selection includes Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3), it's so chunk full of content, that I lament the fact that I don't have time to fully dive into this game. Also, as a plus Steven Blum (aka Spike Spiegel) does a voice in this game. Between him, Kevin Conroy, and Mark Hamill, this game is very easy on the ears. Gameplay is great too.
    Bionic Commando (Xbox 360) - kind of a generic 3rd Person shooter, but with swinging built into it. Also includes Steven Blum as Super Joe. I need to give this one a little more time before I make a judgment.
  • Sonic Chronicles, while IMO a good game, has some of the worst sound design of any game I've played recently.
    Oh I totally agree with you on that. The voice clips in particular are so abysmal I wish I could turn them off. It almost makes me wonder if they were placeholders intended as placeholders and were just never changed.
  • Playing Now:
    Little Big Planet (how can you not like those li'l sackboys - SO many great user-created levels to play too)
    Ratchet & Clank
    High Velocity Bowling

Upcoming / Getting Back Into):
    Infamous
    GTA IV
    Uncharted 2 (only the demo now, obviously)

LOOOOVE the show guys! GO MON/THURS DAY!!!
  • Started and finished the original Rocket Knight Adventures, now I'm moving onto the sequels.

Also, attempting to finish Mega Man 9.
  • Just completed the new Layton game and am currently enjoying the new Star Wars Clone Wars game on the 360.
  • Just completed the new Layton game and am currently enjoying the new Star Wars Clone Wars game on the 360.
    I'm in chapter 5 of Diabolical Box. I'm liking this one much better than the first, it has a much better pace of puzzles and having multiple environments makes for better variety and exploration. The puzzles in general have been a little more challenging too, though most of them are just different variations of puzzles found in the original.
    I'm in chapter 5 of Diabolical Box. I'm liking this one much better than the first, it has a much better pace of puzzles and having multiple environments makes for better variety and exploration. The puzzles in general have been a little more challenging too, though most of them are just different variations of puzzles found in the original.
    I also notice a lack of TMI puzzles. The first game had more than a handful of those which resulted in my daughter over-thinking the puzzles and missing the obvious answer. Some of the moving block puzzles are a bitch but only about 5 puzzles gave me any serious trouble.

If you want to game with kids I recommend picking up the Clone Wars game. It is very low on the 'screaming at the game' scale and you have an unlimited number of lives as well as multiple respawn points all over each level. I have not tried it on Master level but playing two-player local with my daughter is a blast.
  • Working on:

Okami - though I haven't played it in a little while
    Apollo Justice - for times when I want to play a game but may have to stop at any time
    Kingdom Hearts DS - just started this one, so far it seems to me like FFVII: Crisis Core with KH characters
  • Picked up Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend today. Started playing Brutal Legend, then switched to play some Uncharted. I don't think I'll be touching Brutal Legend again until I'm done with Uncharted. BL isn't bad so far, but Uncharted is just so much better.
  • Picked up Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend today. Started playing Brutal Legend, then switched to play some Uncharted. I don't think I'll be touching Brutal Legend again until I'm done with Uncharted. BL isn't bad so far, but Uncharted is just so much better.
    Jealous -_-
  • Brutal Legend looks like walk around a hit things in 3D. Dynasty Warriors with a metal theme? Uncharted 2 looks like a run of the mill FPS. Can someone explain to me why either of these games is getting so much talk when they appear to be typical cookie-cutter fare? What am I missing?

I beat Shadow Complex, but I wish it was longer/bigger. I think someone said the game was like way bigger than Super Metroid, but I think that's BS. It felt about the same size. Come on people, just make that same map like, ten times bigger. Or at least pull a Symphony of the Night and do an upside down second quest.

I'm at what is probably the final-ish boss of Bowser's Inside Story. Should beat it soon.

Still playing Castle Crasher, Geometry Wars 2, and some game I like to call fucking moving.
  • edited October 2009
    some game I like to callfucking moving.
    That's not a game, that's a bitch. I will be tackling that motherfucker all next week.

The good thing is, Jeremy will be doing most of the moving, since he's not working and we're only moving right down the street.

As for games, I think I'm almost done with Partners In Time. I'm in some crystal area after Thwomp Island. Jeremy and I are almost done with 100% completion with Lego Batman, and have recently downloaded Castle Crashers. We'll check it out eventually.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Can someone explain to me why either of these games is getting so much talk when they appear to be typical cookie-cutter fare? What am I missing?
    Brutal Legend has Jack Black.
  • Can someone explain to me why either of these games is getting so much talk when they appear to be typical cookie-cutter fare? What am I missing?
    Brutal Legend has Jack Black.
    And is made by Tim Schafer.
  • Brutal Legend looks like walk around a hit things in 3D. Dynasty Warriors with a metal theme? Uncharted 2 looks like a run of the mill FPS. Can someone explain to me why either of these games is getting so much talk when they appear to be typical cookie-cutter fare? What am I missing?
    Brutal Legend not only has Jack Black, but it's a game by Tim Schafer, who worked with Ron Gilbert at Lucas back in the day, and people love his work.

Uncharted 2 is a 3PS, not a FPS, and it has vast amounts of platforming elements to it. Otherwise, it comes down to presentation, which maybe would argue it does better than any game this year, possibly any game ever. Most of the time, people complain about lots of cut scenes because it pulls them away from the action. This game is being described as "it feels like I'm watching a movie it looks so good". It's also shaping up to be the highest rated game of the year. Just a few reasons.
  • Brutal Legend not only has Jack Black, but it's a game by Tim Schafer, who worked with Ron Gilbert at Lucas back in the day, and people love his work.

Uncharted 2 is a 3PS, not a FPS, and it has vast amounts of platforming elements to it. Otherwise, it comes down to presentation, which maybe would argue it does better than any game this year, possibly any game ever. Most of the time, people complain about lots of cut scenes because it pulls them away from the action. This game is being described as "it feels like I'm watching a movie it looks so good". It's also shaping up to be the highest rated game of the year. Just a few reasons.
    Predictions: all style no substance for both of these. Yawn.

NS2 better hurry up.
    Have you had a look at the modern games industry recently?
  • Have you had a look at the modern games industry recently?
    I take a peek every once and again, but it all blurs together.
  • Predictions: all style no substance for both of these. Yawn.
    Meh. I will take my games with style and love the hell out of them. You can keep your marines and aliens fighting each other for the millionth time in gaming history.
  • I take a peek every once and again, but it all blurs together.
    Spoiler: Pretty much every game is a sequel or re-skin of a game that came out in the last five years.
    Meh. I will take my games with style and love the hell out of them. You can keep your marines and aliens fighting each other for the millionth time in gaming history.
    I play games for the gameplay, I watch movies for their stylishness.
    Brutal Legend also has really cool story going for that I'm looking forward to.

Can't wait to get the game after work today, I haven't pre-ordered a game in forever.
  • You really shouldn't knock Uncharted without trying it. The first game is great, mixing platforming, puzzles, and shooting elements. It also had a great story, with really entertaining characters.

So far Uncharted 2 has built on that, and so far I would say is a perfectly paced game. The cutscenes don't pull you out of the action, they generally just accentuate the action. I'm trying to refrain from being too gushing about it since I've only just started it, so once I'm done with it I should be able to speak about it better, but right now its been a great ride.