This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• MATATAT said:

Beginners Guide is truly an experience.

That's for sure. Also
    "Stop putting lamp posts in my game" So is Davey Coda?
  • There are a bunch of different theories but I think the popular opinion is that Coda is Davey pre-Stanley Parable and the narrator (Davey of course) represents post-SP Davey.
  • So with all of the gift cards and money we got for our wedding, Katie and I decided to get a Wii U. So far we have been messing around with Super Mario Maker (pretty fun, though predictably most of the online levels are dumb/bad), Super Mario 3D World (definitely designed for co-op, so that works well for us), and Yoshi's Woolly World. Yoshi is SO GOOD. The game as a whole is ridiculously adorable, and it feels so much like the original Yoshi's Island. Turns out that playing it co-op makes getting everything harder though as things get chaotic and it's too easy to kill each other. Very likely we will just beat the game together and then go back through it solo to pick up everything we missed. To be fair, this kind of applies to every Mario game as of late, but it feels more pronounced in Yoshi where secrets are well hidden and easy to miss.
  • edited November 2015
    Fallout 3, GOTY, cause I got it for ten bucks.

So far, it's pretty good. But I can't see why there were quite so many accolades. The graphics are decent, and hold up for the age of the game. Some of the animation is a bit odd.

The plot is moving along, but I don't feel super invested yet.

I like exploring ruined DC, and there have been a couple of moments where I was running for my life. But a lot of the dialogue seems.... weak.

Also, most of the combat, particularly in the wasteland, seems to consist of walking backwards and shooting.

The game seems good, but not over the top amazing. I don't understand the intense fandom around it.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I think animation in almost every Bethesda game is kinda crap. It got a bit better in Skyrim. But you can still see the crappiness.
  • The "Afterbirth" Expansion for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is out, so I'm playing that.
  • chaosof99 said:

The "Afterbirth" Expansion for Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is out, so I'm playing that.

I'm playing the fuck out of it. So good.
  • Wife and I started playing Yoshi's Wooly World as a co-op. We're only a few levels in so far but it seems to be the best Yoshi game since the original SNES iteration, for what it's worth.
  • Matt said:

Wife and I started playing Yoshi's Wooly World as a co-op. We're only a few levels in so far but it seems to be the best Yoshi game since the original SNES iteration, for what it's worth.

My girlfriend and I have been playing this as well. I've never played any of the other Yoshi games before or Kirby's Epic Yarn, but we both love this game. Everything about it is just so... whimsical.
  • Yesterday during the Extra Life marathon, we played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. It's a fun SpaceTeam style game, where one person is at the computer with a bomb, and the other person(s) have the bomb diffusing manual, but they are not allowed to look at the screen. The person with the bomb has do describe the modules on the bomb, and whoever has the manual must walk them through the process of diffusing the bomb.

Person 1: "Ok, this module is a series of horizontal wires."
    Person 2: "How many wires are in the sequence?"
    1: "I have 6 wires here."
    2: "How many yellow wires are there?"
    1: "No yellow wires."
    2: "Does the serial number on the bomb end in an odd number?"
    1: "No, it's even."
    2: "Ok, how many white wires?"
    1: "Just one."
    2: "Ok, any red wires?"
    1: "Yes, 3."
    2: "Got it. Cut the 4th wire."

That's how you might go about disarming the easiest of the modules. There can be up to 11 modules on a bomb, and you might get 5-10 minutes at most to disarm the whole thing. I was given the manual for one game and I was really sweating and my heart was pounding by the end.

If you played with the same group of people a lot, you can eventually come up with some shortcuts and common terms in order to save a little time, but the instructions are so complex that even if you are familiar with a module, you absolutely cannot be sure that you can disarm it without someone walking you through the decision tree.
  • If you want to see it in action, there's also a quickplay on...guess where?

• Mostly been playing a lot of Desktop Dungeons. Wasn't sure about it when I first saw the final version as I had played a lot of the alpha and I kind of liked the minimalism of it but I really like the final version. Hopefully the mobile version will actually come out eventually.
  • EarthBound. You know how you go back to a place for the first time as an adult, and everything looks smaller? That's how the map of Onett feels.
  • pence said:

EarthBound. You know how you go back to a place for the first time as an adult, and everything looks smaller? That's how the map of Onett feels.

All spaces feel smaller once you've explored them and have them in your mind. Go play a Zelda 1 mod. The map will be the exact same size, but it will feel big since you don't know it all yet. Once you do, it will shrink.
  • edited December 2015
    I've been giving Picross a go with this Pokemon Picross game. Seems pretty neat so far and seems like a free version that I could just play for a while until I get bored. But I found a GameFAQs post that tells you how to optimize and manage the free nature of the game and it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited December 2015
    Just pay for Picross e or emulate Mario's Pricross for GameBoy.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yeah I was considering just grabbing one of the Picross e games since they're only like 6 bucks. I'm assuming they're all the same? Or should I just start with the first one? They have Mario's Picross on 3DS now too I think.
  • MATATAT said:

Yeah I was considering just grabbing one of the Picross e games since they're only like 6 bucks. I'm assuming they're all the same? Or should I just start with the first one? They have Mario's Picross on 3DS now too I think.

You can start with any of them. All of them include puzzles from baby mode up to pro mode, but starting with the first one is cool for the sake of going for completion.
  • MATATAT said:

Yeah I was considering just grabbing one of the Picross e games since they're only like 6 bucks. I'm assuming they're all the same? Or should I just start with the first one? They have Mario's Picross on 3DS now too I think.

You can start with any of them. All of them include puzzles from baby mode up to pro mode, but starting with the first one is cool for the sake of going for completion.

Also, they add some new modes. At one point they add Micross and another point they add Mega Picross. It might be easier to learn those modes in the games that introduced them.
  • edited December 2015
    Playing CS go, some Lebanese dude starts shouting "Knife fight bro knife fight only" every four seconds. After about two minutes, I go "Alright, meet you in the middle." He does. "Hey, throw guns so I know you won't cheat" I throw my guns to the side, he throws his at me, and I immediately shoot him in the head with it.

Fucking idiot.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

Playing CS go, some Lebanese dude starts shouting "Knife fight bro knife fight only" every four seconds. After about two minutes, I go "Alright, meet you in the middle." He does. "Hey, throw guns so I know you won't cheat" I throw my guns to the side, he throws his at me, and I immediately shoot him in the head with it.

Fucking idiot.

LOL
    Hearing the fall out may have been quite fun.
  • Fallout 4 is probably my favorite game of all time. I love the crafting, I love the world building. I love the Sim City variant you can play if you're Minutemen, and this
  • edited January 2016
    Speaking of Fallout I wanted to make a high str/high luck melee fighter and I wanted to make like a "themed" character. So I figured I'd try and make John Rambo. This is as close as I got. I couldn't find a way to get more of those liddy type eyes that Stalone has using their tools.

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Wait you can't take screenshots on an Xbox? lol?

I've been playing Galak Z which is so much fun, requires the right amount of skill and difficulty without becoming annoying, has a great art style and kind of makes fun of some basic anime styled stories.

TLDR Pretty much get to play as a Gundam pilot on a 2d plane in space + rogue like.

Also you get a grappling hook and there are heaps of environmental dangers that you can put your enemies (and yourself) in.

Best games for me from 2015 were surprising -
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    The Talos Principle
    Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
    Galak Z
    The Marvellous Miss Take
    Southpark: The Stick of Truth
    Rocketbirds
    Never Alone

Meh game that I enjoyed:
    Game of Thrones (Telltale game)
    Farcry 4
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
    Civilization: Beyond Earth

Game that I got bored or frustrated of:
    Alien Isolation
    Rocket League

Trash:
    Evolve
    Dishonored
    Heroes of the Storm
  • I've been playing Galak-Z lately in small chunks and while I do enjoy difficulty in my games, sometimes Galak-Z rides the line of frustrating too closely. Maybe if there were a tiny bit more health packs in levels, as the average seems to be one per season. And some enemies are almost bullshit, where the time between "oh, there is an enemy" to "One health left and no shields" is basically a blink of an eye.
  • I want to play Galak-Z, but the price is still too damn high.
  • sK0pe said:

Wait you can't take screenshots on an Xbox? lol?

Double-tap the xbox button, press Y. At least on the Xbone. You can also say "Xbox, Take a screenshot" if you have Kinect konnected.

• That's on the PC. I was just too lazy to take a screenshot since I was sending it to a buddy on Facebook chat so I just used my phone to take a picture.
  • Apsup said:

I've been playing Galak-Z lately in small chunks and while I do enjoy difficulty in my games, sometimes Galak-Z rides the line of frustrating too closely. Maybe if there were a tiny bit more health packs in levels, as the average seems to be one per season. And some enemies are almost bullshit, where the time between "oh, there is an enemy" to "One health left and no shields" is basically a blink of an eye.

I think the more familiar you become with each form (mech and ship), the better you get, I tend to just kite anything that is melee or slow moving in the ship form and use the mech against fast enemies.

Is it mainly the bosses you're having difficulty with?