This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Was just going to enter that Rising Thunder alpha code (thanks sK0pe) but it turns out they went code-free a couple hours ago.
  • I've been playing a lot of agario lately. Eat dots, get bigger. Eat player dots, get even bigger. Its similar to some other games but being multiplayer makes it more interesting. The only thing is I've been pretty high on the leaderboard and then gotten fucked by lag a few times even when my connection seemed fine.
  • Line Rider+ for android has my attention during any and all bathroom breaks.
  • Man, we wasted so much time playing the original Line Rider in cisco class when I was like a freshmen in high school.
  • edited August 2015
    Just for clarity, this isn't "sled down a line you drew" line rider. This is "manuever a bike/other vehicle through a challenging 2d obstacle course while trying not to de-limb yourself" line rider.

Edit: Sorry, the name of the game is Draw Rider+
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Still playing rocket league. I'm finally getting to the point where I can pull off some flying maneuvers.
  • MATATAT said:

Still playing rocket league. I'm finally getting to the point where I can pull off some flying maneuvers.

So is this game worth getting, I thought the hype would fizzle out and it would die, there are less people playing it on my Steam list but there are still people playing it.
    How about the DLC was that rolled out without messing up the community, as in fractured?
  • edited August 2015
    Definitely worth getting. It's wonderful fun, simple and just...joyful. I don't think I've ever played a game quite so joyful. Plus, most people I've encountered tend to be pretty nice - if you get a good goal, you'll often see the other team hitting their "Good shot!" and "WOW!" quickchats.
    How about the DLC was that rolled out without messing up the community, as in fractured?
    Nope, zero fracturing. It's all cosmetics, and it displays normally if you don't own the DLC - you just can't apply said cosmetics to your own cars.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It has been portable gaming time for me lately. Mainly Final Fantasy Tactics on PSP and got back into Monster Hunter 4U, continuing the long journey to G rank.
  • Journey on PS4 is beautiful and so sooo smooth. I didn't realize just how smooth it was until I went back to play it on my PS3. I love this game and everyone should play it at least once.
  • edited August 2015
    Churba said:

Definitely worth getting. It's wonderful fun, simple and just...joyful. I don't think I've ever played a game quite so joyful. Plus, most people I've encountered tend to be pretty nice - if you get a good goal, you'll often see the other team hitting their "Good shot!" and "WOW!" quickchats.

Nope, zero fracturing. It's all cosmetics, and it displays normally if you don't own the DLC - you just can't apply said cosmetics to your own cars.

Yeah, it's just hats (and cars, and toppers, and wheels, and paint jobs). But they're cool hats.

I ended up buying the dlc, but I also got the game free with PS Plus and I've put in enough hours that dropping 4 bucks on some neat stuff was a deserved tip.

It's one of those games that's simple to pick up but difficult to master, like this fucking guy:

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Nintendo keeps rolling out more and more (free) Splatoon content. Third ranked game mode released on Friday (Rainmaker) is quite fun.

It's a basic "capture the flag," where the flag starts in the middle, and you carry it to your opponent's base. Also, the flag is a big fucking bazooka. I have minimal PC FPS experience, so I'm curious, has this exact mode been done before in other games? I know the first two Splatoon ranked modes were extremely similar to TF2 modes (control points, and tug of war w/ the train).

Some interesting twists for Rainmaker are that you can't just pick up the BFG. You need to do a certain amount of damage in a certain amount of time in order to break the shield around it. When it pops, it acts like GIANT grenade, working in favor of whichever team popped the shield. Said shield turns back on every time the BFG is dropped.

The other twist is that while you can take whatever path you want to the opponent's base, you become visible on the Wii U Gamepad map.
  • edited August 2015
    Kronovi's a fucking genius. There's a handful of players who are world class(Kronovi among them), and most of them have already been playing Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (Rocket League 1.0, basically) for a number of years. The shit they pull off is borderline magical.

And the winners of this week's "Well, you tried" award are...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2015
    So, I've been hankering for a long-haul RPG for the last few years, and none of the ones I've tried got past my "refuse to deal with bullshit, grindy fetch quests" filter. That is, until I started playing the new Witcher game. I had heard the first two were fiddly and, well, problematic, but the newest one is refreshing and delightfully tasteful. Kill Screen agrees.

Since I started playing, I went and read the original novels. I really dig the merging of northern European folktales and myths with the sort-of "low fantasy" world Sapkowski created. Plus, the sympathetic magic, cunning folk, and pseudo-herbology is on point (according to my medievalist girlfriend).

Also, Rocket League. Rocket League all day every day.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Does anyone here play Ultra Street Fighter 4 on Steam? It feels like I haven't played in a long time; I'd love to get in some sessions!

I'd also be down to play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo if anyone knows a painless way to do that.
  • I'd also be down to play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo if anyone knows a painless way to do that.

Fightcade. Requires registering and acquiring the rom, but allows easy access to bunch of Super Turbo players from all over the world that are too good at the game.

• Apsup said:

I'd also be down to play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo if anyone knows a painless way to do that.

Fightcade. Requires registering and acquiring the rom, but allows easy access to bunch of Super Turbo players from all over the world that are too good at the game.
    Ah yes! I forgot about that.

I remember I got Fightcade working for Marvel vs Capcom 1 about a year ago and was enjoying a pretty good connection with people from various locations, but the few times I tried playing ST it felt awful.

Maybe it was just bad luck? Definitely worth a revisit.
  • edited August 2015

Apsup said:

Ah yes! I forgot about that.

I remember I got Fightcade working for Marvel vs Capcom 1 about a year ago and was enjoying a pretty good connection with people from various locations, but the few times I tried playing ST it felt awful.

Maybe it was just bad luck? Definitely worth a revisit.
    The netcode is same in all games, so as long as you make sure that you have reasonable ping with the opponent, it should be fine.

I just tested and was able to play some matches of Super Turbo just fine. Some lag spikes, but those might come from any possible source, it happens, most of the time it felt good.

Post edited by Apsup on
  • Oh yeah, I finished South Park: The Stick of Truth earlier this week. Really glad we picked it up for cheap since it only took 10 hours to beat and, outside of a couple boss fights, it was trivially easy. But it was well worth it for the creativity and humor.

Also played through The Stanley Parable to a couple different endings. For what is essentially a choose your own adventure game, it does it really well and is fun if only to see where it goes.
  • edited August 2015
    I plan on chewing through a bunch of games I bought and never played in the next couple of months. Which of these should I tackle first?

Borderlands
    Brothers - A tale of two Sons
    Condemned: Criminal Origins
    Dishonored
    Don't Starve
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Lone Survivor: Director's Cut
    Papers, Please
    Rogue Legacy
    Saints Row: The Third
    Shank
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    Tomb Raider (remake)
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Papers Please, Rogue Legacy, Stick of Troof.
  • edited August 2015

Journey on PS4 is beautiful and so sooo smooth. I didn't realize just how smooth it was until I went back to play it on my PS3. I love this game and everyone should play it at least once.

Oh mans. I've been wanting to play this game again.

As for myself, I'm trying to start the 3DS Mario and Luigi Dream Team. I regret not finishing the one with baby Mario & Luigi or Bowser's Inside Story, but I'm watching a Let's Play video of them, so that makes up for it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I really enjoyed the new tomb raider.
  • chaosof99 said:

I plan on chewing through a bunch of games I bought and never played in the next couple of months. Which of these should I tackle first?

Borderlands
    Dishonored
    Don't Starve
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Papers, Please
    Rogue Legacy
    Shank

Tomb Raider (remake)

1. South Park: The Stick of Truth
    2. Papers, Please

Don't go after Dishonored if you like difficult or compelling games. Probably play it at the same time as Saints Row: the third.

Don't Starve can be played regularly, and if you have someone who wants to play with you just go to the sequel.
    Shank is pretty generic 2d, not as good as Mark of the Assassin and it is pretty quick (or you might just stop playing it).
  • One recommendation for South Park is try to do as many of the side quests as you can before you beat the game. I didn't get some of the summons until after I beat the game because I didn't realize they weren't just side quests.
  • I joined the Rocket League today. I suck, but I'm not the worst! I got more than zero hat tricks in actual games against real humans.
  • chaosof99 said:

Borderlands
    Dishonored
    Don't Starve
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Papers, Please
    Rogue Legacy
    Shank
    South Park: The Stick of Truth
    Tomb Raider (remake)

Saint's Row: The Third. You get SO. MANY. "Fuck yeah!" moments out of that game.
  • So I actually started playing Rogue Legacy first yesterday. The game's a very well made platforming Rogue-like. Judging by the fact that in my first session I sunk like 5 hours into also tells you its fair and interesting to play (most of the time. Fuck floor spikes). It also has a bunch of interesting gimmicks and jokes, e.g. the galleries of past games by the developer, and stuff like "balding" replacing "building" on the load screen if your character suffers from baldness.

My only real problem with it is that the central distinction this game has from other roguelikes kind of undercuts the central point of a roguelike. By adding in an ability tree, armor, runes, and other stuff that continuously improves your character over time with each new game it goes against the point of a roguelike: That your starting point is identical but the way your game and your character changes over the course of the session differs.

There's also a bit of frustration still where just random crap of circumstance kills you, and it adds up even more when you basically also lose most of your gold because you progressed your armor, runes and ability tree so far that the amount you have isn't enough to buy anything anymore. I also disagree with the design decision that buying anything from the ability tree raises the price of every other item, rather than just the next level of that item.
  • chaosof99 said:

My only real problem with it is that the central distinction this game has from other roguelikes kind of undercuts the central point of a roguelike. By adding in an ability tree, armor, runes, and other stuff that continuously improves your character over time with each new game it goes against the point of a roguelike: That your starting point is identical but the way your game and your character changes over the course of the session differs.

Welcome to nearly all modern Roguelikes. Hope you survive the experience.