This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Apreche said:

Shovel Knight free DLC Plague of Shadows is out! You play the game as the Plague Knight, all new soundtrack, tons of new mechanics. It's so good, why aren't you playing this right now?!

Because I already beat Shovel Knight once, and then I was pretty much done with it.

Why don't people learn with these DLCs? I don't want more characters, more music, more skins, more nonsense. I want MORE GAME.

Look at some of the top all time single player AAA video games. What do most of them have in common? They're BIG.

Super Metroid, Symphony of the Night, Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Mario 64, FFVI, FFVII, MG:S, GTA series, Half-Life 1+2. These games are all big big big. Big maps. Lots of places to explore. Lots of levels. All of them well made, and not just room after room of bad guys.

I don't need any other Knights besides the Shovel Knight. What I need is for Shovel Knight to go someplace new. Why not on a map as big as SotN? Why not bigger? According to Steam, I played Shovel Knight for 5 hours, and that's it. It was a good five hours, but there's no reason for me to add even one second to that time.
    So I guess you missed the part where I said Plague Knight has new mechanics, he doesn't play at all like Shovel Knight. While the basic levels are the same, there are new secret areas in each level custom made for Plague Knight. Plus there are a few left over from Shovel Knight that you have to rethink since you don't have any of the same moves.

For some reason you just want more of the same, fine, we have different tastes. I like the new mode because it's like a sequel.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

I didn't replay Sonic 2 just because Knuckles.

Sure, I wouldn't be suggesting Plague Knight to anyone ether, if Shovel Knight were a bad game.

Sonic 2 is good.

But really, are you all so easily amused? Is your bar so low?
    No, but I paid nothing for it so if I have the time might as well give it a shot due to the dramatic change in movement gameplay.
    But Rocket League is right there.
    But Rocket League isn't free and I already have Dota 2 for all my "Rage at braindead teammates" -game needs.

• edited September 2015
    Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Apsup said:

Apreche said:

I didn't replay Sonic 2 just because Knuckles.

Sure, I wouldn't be suggesting Plague Knight to anyone ether, if Shovel Knight were a bad game.

Sonic 2 is good.

But really, are you all so easily amused? Is your bar so low?
    No, but I paid nothing for it so if I have the time might as well give it a shot due to the dramatic change in movement gameplay.
    But Rocket League is right there.
    But Rocket League isn't free and I already have Dota 2 for all my "Rage at braindead teammates" -game needs.

The more expensive game is clearly superior.

TL;DR: You get what you pay for.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Dazzle369 said:

Anyone play Cuphead?

Wow. That looks like a genero action platforming game. But it looks like it has co-op which is cool. But the visuals are A++++++.
  • It's like Metal Slug meets an Ub Iwerks setting.
  • Apreche said:

Dazzle369 said:

Anyone play Cuphead?

Wow. That looks like a genero action platforming game. But it looks like it has co-op which is cool. But the visuals are A++++++.
    Hand drawn cell animations.
  • edited September 2015
    Looks like it's got some bullet hell in it.

I love a good bullet hell.

But yeah. It's rare that I'll be sold heavily by a game's visuals - but that is some top-notch styling.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited September 2015
    The visuals of Cuphead look great, might just get it for the aesthetics if I have the time to play it when it is released.
    I want more platformers which rely less on the "look we did retro 8-16bit gaming, so buy our game" and more "we put effort into designing the aesthetic of the game and its story to separate it from others while also having challenging puzzles and good gameplay (eg Ori and the Blind Forest).
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • sK0pe said:

The visuals of Cuphead look great, might just get it for the aesthetics if I have the time to play it when it is released.
    I want more platformers which rely less on the "look we did retro 8-16bit gaming, so buy our game" and more "we put effort into designing the aesthetic of the game and its story to separate it from others while also having challenging puzzles and good gameplay (eg Ori and the Blind Forest).

If I recall correctly, all of the visuals for cuphead are hand painted animation.
  • If I recall correctly, all of the visuals for cuphead are hand painted animation.

Yeah I'm pro Cuphead for this reason, it's not trying to reproduce a game from the NES days and pretend like it's as good or prey on nostalgia. Cuphead has a totally different aesthetic which is why I would buy it, (it looks like the old Disney cartoons).
    However even though Shovel Knight may be a good game, I didn't buy it because of the aesthetic.

• Xbox exclusive. Meh.
  • Rochelle said:

Xbox exclusive. Meh.

It has a pc port too, Xbox just gets first dibs.
  • Cuphead is absolutely happening in my house. Been looking forward to it since they put those trailers out.
  • I'm still playing butt loads of DOTA2, haven't goven myself a chance to pkay anything else.

Want to give Rocket League a go, since that's the hot thing atm.
  • edited September 2015
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is free for a day on Steam.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • I finally caved and bought a Wii U to play with my girlfriend since she was getting a bit bored with how repetitive Diablo 3 was.

Holycow Mario Kart 8!
  • Undertale wins the award for, "Best depiction of a date with a skeleton."
  • I finally caved and bought a Wii U to play with my girlfriend since she was getting a bit bored with how repetitive Diablo 3 was.

Holycow Mario Kart 8!

Get all the DLC. Isabelle FTW. Their battle mode still fucking sucks.
  • Bought "The Beginner's Guide" last night on a lark after seeing it on sale on the Humble Store and knowing it was made by the "Stanley Parable" guys. Played it start to finish in one sitting. I'm sure I'll be able to form more coherent thoughts about it eventually, but what a god damn blessed, mind fucking, transcendent experience.
  • Bought "The Beginner's Guide" last night on a lark after seeing it on sale on the Humble Store and knowing it was made by the "Stanley Parable" guys. Played it start to finish in one sitting. I'm sure I'll be able to form more coherent thoughts about it eventually, but what a god damn blessed, mind fucking, transcendent experience.

Yeah I only found out about that game a couple days ago. I didn't realize it was coming out so soon. I was glad to see the guy go on to another project because his blog showed him as dealing with some serious depression post-Stanley Parable.
  • MATATAT said:

Bought "The Beginner's Guide" last night on a lark after seeing it on sale on the Humble Store and knowing it was made by the "Stanley Parable" guys. Played it start to finish in one sitting. I'm sure I'll be able to form more coherent thoughts about it eventually, but what a god damn blessed, mind fucking, transcendent experience.

Yeah I only found out about that game a couple days ago. I didn't realize it was coming out so soon. I was glad to see the guy go on to another project because his blog showed him as dealing with some serious depression post-Stanley Parable.
    Heh.
    Hehe...
    Ah... I didn't know that. But you'll understand why I'm laughing once you play it.
  • Beginners Guide is truly an experience.
  • The Star Wars BattleFront beta is out, and it's already dead to me for having level based weapon unlocks
  • I always expected it to be just a reskinned Battlefield game, which is exactly what it looks like from video I've seen. So I was already expecting weapon unlocks.
  • MATATAT said:

I always expected it to be just a reskinned Battlefield game, which is exactly what it looks like from video I've seen. So I was already expecting weapon unlocks.

I'm not surprised, I'm just very disappointed
  • Regardless of that I'm not really feeling this game. I'm gonna try the beta a bit more, unlock some more stuff but I'm already kinda getting bored with it.
  • MATATAT said:

Regardless of that I'm not really feeling this game. I'm gonna try the beta a bit more, unlock some more stuff but I'm already kinda getting bored with it.

Yeah I played the co-op horde mode with my friend for a bit yesterday. That was very fun, not worth $60, but enjoyable.