This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Sequels and Remakes you would like to see.

GeoGeo
edited June 2009 in Video Games
There are quite a few games that I want to either have sequels or be remade with modern technology with the same focus as the original. At the moment, a game I REALLY want to see a sequel to is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, as they have said they will try to do so in the future, but I'm not so sure anymore. A remake that I desperately wanna see is that of Jet Force Gemini, because I loved and thoroughly enjoyed that game when I was a kid, and I would pay any amount to see it remade with the magic of Xbox 360. A demake is difficult to decide as it has to be well-made with rudimentary programs (in contrast to the tech used in the original games that they are based on) and have enough of the spirit and gameplay of the original. At the moment, I think a demake of Left 4 Dead could be amusing. I'd call it Missing 'n Action

Comments

• Jet Force Gemini was such a fun game. I wish it could come out on the Virtual Console, but it'll probably be on XBLA if it is ever released.
  • Disgaea: Afternoon, late evening, and morning rush hour of darkness.

But seriously, I'd like to see Guilty Gear Vs. Capcom. I'm counting it as a sequel under the "because I said so" rule.
  • I'll take the non-answer and say I'm sick of seeing the same games over and over. I'm sick of Mario, Zelda, and Metroid Prime. Let's see some new games up in here.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sick of Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime and Half-Life.
    I want a proper Deus Ex sequel. I tried playing the original again and it has not aged well, but if it were updated to modern standards I think you'd have something special.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I'm sick of Mario, Zelda, Metroid Primeand Half-Life.
    Yeah, actually. I haven't really enjoyed the HL2 episodes that much at all.
  • Dwarf Fortress, remade by coders and possibly a design team.
  • Dwarf Fortress, remade by coders and possibly a design team.
    And an interface designer.
  • Shit I want remakes of:
    - all the Fire Emblem games we never got in America
    - Mother 1

Sequels:
    - moar Advance Wars
    - 2d Metroid games. Fuck prime, go back to the basics.
    - 2d Mario games. Fuck galaxy, go back to the basics.
  • all the Fire Emblem games we never got in America
    I second this motion.
  • Viva Pinata needs a real squeal not a 1.5 update.
  • - Mother 1
    Mother 1 is a crappy version of Mother 2.... It is listed as a prototype game. You have a remake of it already Mother 2 :-p
  • Left 4 Dead 3
  • I just wonder when they'll stop making Pokemon games.
  • RymRym
    edited June 2009
    I just wonder when they'll stop making Pokemon games.
    When the last star of the last colonized galaxy breathes its last dying breath, among the embers of our final blazing ruination will be freshly minted Pokemon cards and the plans for the coming sequel.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited June 2009
    It will probably go out of fashion by the time current Pokemon fans have kids. It will be passe and un-hip.
    EDIT: Why the double post?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • EDIT: Why the double post?
    Sorry. Internet was borked so I pressed refresh but I guess it went through the first time. Whispered it to myself.
  • - Mother 1
    Mother 1 is a crappy version of Mother 2.... It is listed as a prototype game. You have a remake of it already Mother 2 :-p
    Actually the two are fundamentally different, maybe not in a gameplay perspective, but in story and setting. If you play through and beat it then you'll find a few answers to some unexplained questions in the 2nd game such as the origin of Giygas. Plus you are very, very wrong about it being a prototype. It was in fact all finished with translation including all marketing and ads. But they canceled it at the last minute for two reasons. #1: They felt that it wouldn't sell well due to the fact that SNES was on it's way and people wouldn't care about this game. #2: RPGs were not doing very well at all in this period of gaming, sure we had FF1 and Dragon Quest (or the bastardized Dragon Warrior), but those were just tiny blips on the gaming radar. Before FF7, RPGs did okay, like we had Lufia, FF6 (still the best fantasy in my opinion), and Breath of Fire, but they only appealed to a very specific archetype of gamer at that point. FF7's explosion made RPGs crazily popular in the US, but it was too late for Mother 1. I could go into more detail about Earthbound 0's history, but I'd rather not as I feel I have made my point.
  • I just wonder when they'll stop making Pokemon games.
    It will probably go out of fashion by the time current Pokemon fans have kids. It will be passe and un-hip.
    EDIT: Why the double post?
    But one generation later, some big studio decides they need a safe cash-cow franchise and start looking in the remake bin. They hire some director to "re-envision" the franchise, turning it into a live-action CG-packed summer blockbuster with enough mature elements to appeal to both the parents who used to play and the children who will now desire Pokemon space-cards. Soon after that, pokemon is no longer just a game or franchise, but a permanent facet of pop-culture, the kind of thing bad comedians will frequently remind me of...

...I for one, will probably drag my children to the movie on Day 1.
  • ...I for one, will probably drag my children to the movie on Day 1.
    Quoted for sweet truth.
  • edited June 2009
    I actually kind of want a good console Pokemon game. I think internet battles and such would be better and easier to set up on a console, and you could add features like a real story and fully animated battles. Other Wii stuff I'd like include Phoenix Wright (is that not a perfect fit?), more Fire Emblem, and maybe a good Advance Wars as well.

I also want another good 2d Zelda game that doesn't use the weird Phantom Hourglass style semi-3d graphics, or the godforsaken timed dungeon. I also like this trend of SNES games being remade for the DS. It's a perfect fit, and if Nintendo could get titles like Super Metroid, Contra 3, and Super Punchout on there it could tremendously boost sales of the system. On that note, Megaman DS is something I really want as well.

Other console stuff I'd like to see includes a sequel to/remake of Shadow of the Colossus, KOTOR 3 (none of that MMO shit), another Ikaruga, another Jade Empire, a good Mercenaries sequel, and a much bigger, much better Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts game.

On the PC side of things, sequels to IL2 Sturmovik and Red Orchestra are high on my list, as well as Rome: Total War 2 (which is likely to happen someday) and a sequels to/remakes of AvP 2 and the System Shock games (which are very unlikely to happen).

Addendum: Another PN 03. That game seriously deserves a sequel.
    Post edited by Σπεκωσποκ on
  • A sequel to Pokemon Snap!, please! Also, a revival of the Gameboy Camera.
  • edited June 2009
    You better shut your whore mouth.

The world needs less Metal Gears and MORE Zone of the Enders.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited June 2009
    I actually kind of want a good console Pokemon game.
    I want a Pokemon game in which there are no random encounters and you can actaully study the habits and natures of the Pokemon. In this dream game, you would also be able to travel to every land from each of the generations and choose which group of starters you would like to choose from and also where you start. Character creation would, of course, be implemented as so that it could be some sort of massively multiplayer game (but not all the time).
    Of course, since I'm dreaming, I would like a billion dollars please!
    less Zone of the Enders.
    Wha'choo talkin' bout' Railith? There is always more room in the world for "cockpits."
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I want a Pokemon game in which there are no random encounters and you can actaully study the habits and natures of the Pokemon. In this dream game, you would also be able to travel to every land from each of the generations and choose which group of starters you would like to choose from and also where you start. Character creation would, of course, be implemented as so that it could be some sort of massively multiplayer game (but not all the time).
    That would actually be pretty fun given that it's done properly.
  • Shadow of the Colossus
    I assume you've seen this?

It's obviously not a direct sequel but, like the other two Team Ico games, it seems very similar. I wouldn't want a direct sequel to Shadow of the Colossus anyway; it wouldn't fit it all, and one of the things I loved about the game was it's originality. These guys are the last developer you'd want to restrict to anything.
  • Wha'choo talkin' bout' Railith? There is always more room in the world for "cockpits."
    I forgot to type an important word in that last part. The world needs more vector cannons and fighting an armada of space battleships.
  • I just found my copy of ZOE2 under my bed today, and now I definitely want to dig up my PS2 and speedrun that shit.
  • I just found my copy of ZOE2 under my bed today, and now I definitely want to dig up my PS2 and speedrun that shit.
    How big is your bed that you couldn't find it before? Or is it your room?
  • You better shut your whore mouth.

The world needs less Metal Gears and MORE Zone of the Enders.
    Why do I agree with both of your points oh, so much?
  • edited June 2009
    I just found my copy of ZOE2 under my bed today, and now I definitely want to dig up my PS2 and speedrun that shit.
    How big is your bed that you couldn't find it before? Or is it your room?
    Well, My bed is a Long Full, so not that big. However, I haven't played ZOE2 in a couple years, and I haven't been thinking about it, so the case probably just got kicked underneath it and I never realized. I'm pretty organized when it comes to my media (all my games are shelved, all my CDs and DVDs in a giant case, etc.), but occasionally one slips through the cracks, especially when, in the time in between plays, its console falls into almost complete disuse.

I did, however, know where my PS2 was the entire time. I just need to hook it up.
    - 2d Metroid games. Fuck prime, go back to the basics.
    Wish granted. Only question is, will Team Ninja bring "breast physics" to Zero Suit Samus?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on