This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Sequels and Remakes you would like to see.

13»

Comments

• Sequel: Elite Beat Agents 2 or an Ouendan 3. Rhythm games are all the rage now, why can't we have more of EBA which was critically acclaimed?

Remake: Kid Icarus. Some of the older Kirby Titles could be mashed together and put onto a nice disk or downloadable content. Kirby Superstar was amazing, no question, but the other games were still good.
  • Remakes: Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears. Yeah yeah, kind of cop-out choices, but I think it would be nice to see these two "unfinished" classics get done properly. Problem is, I don't trust anyone at Squeenix to do them right. FFVII would end up as crappy as the pseudo-sequels have been, and a Xenogears remake could end up as bad as Xenosaga was.

Sequels: What I would love more than anything would be a true 16-bit sequel to Super Mario World. Yes, SMW2 is technically the sequel, but the gameplay is in no way the same. I just want a game with the same mechanics as SMW with more content. No 3D stuff, no New Super Mario Bros crappy mechanics, just the same formula that made SMB3 and SMW great.
  • Kirby Superstar was amazing, no question, but the other games were still good.
    I DEMAND a release of Crystal Shards for DS. Copy Combos were the greatest. Especially Rocket Pod Kirby.
  • Sequels: What I would love more than anything would be a true 16-bit sequel to Super Mario World. Yes, SMW2 is technically the sequel, but the gameplay is in no way the same. I just want a game with the same mechanics as SMW with more content. No 3D stuff, no New Super Mario Bros crappy mechanics, just the same formula that made SMB3 and SMW great.
    I agree. It'd be nice DS companion as well.

And that reminds me, Super Mario RPG 2. Not Paper Mario, Not Superstar Saga. Those are their own creations. I'm talking a serious Mario RPG. (Can I see Geno again, plz?)
  • And that reminds me, Super Mario RPG 2. Not Paper Mario, Not Superstar Saga. Those are their own creations. I'm talking a serious Mario RPG. (Can I see Geno again, plz?)
    Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I want to see Geno and Mallow in real 3D. This game is too fantastic to never have a real sequel. Now that Nintendo and Square are friends again, this could work somehow.
  • And that reminds me, Super Mario RPG 2. Not Paper Mario, Not Superstar Saga. Those are their own creations. I'm talking a serious Mario RPG. (Can I see Geno again, plz?)
    Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I want to see Geno and Mallow in real 3D. This game is too fantastic to never have a real sequel. Now that Nintendo and Square are friends again, this could work somehow.
    Oh yeah. That and I'd like to see the dream team of Mario, Bowser and Peach (w/Frying Pan!) fight stuff again. It'd give me a reason to dust off the Wii.

Sequel: A new Jet Set Radio would be nice. I remember loving the hell out of that game when I got my Xbox. Incredible soundtrack, great style, fun gameplay, and you get to spray cops with graffiti
  • Sequel: Elite Beat Agents 2 or an Ouendan 3. Rhythm games are all the rage now, why can't we have more of EBA which was critically acclaimed?
    Seconding this.

Vietiful Joe 3 would be nice, considering the second had a cliffhanger ending that made it clear a third one was supposed to be made at some point. And a DS remake of Live A Live would be really cool- if not that, I'd settle for the game on Virtual Console.
  • I'd love to see a sequel to Zelda 2 with the exact same gameplay, but in a different location. When I was young I always believed there was another land to the Northwest over those mountains.
  • Sequels:
    Jackal
    Bayou Billy
    Plok
    Einhander
    Light House

Remake:
    Rad Racer
    Solstice
    Shadow Gate (N64 version doesn't count)
    The Guardian Legend