This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• And in the double bonus round of horrifyingly stupid things the hopefuls have done:
    Rick Perry slashed funds to the agencies that fight wild fires in Texas, then asked Obama for disaster relief and heaps of federal money. I hope Texas enjoys it's well deserved rattlesnake invasion.
    Wait, I thought federal emergency funding was wasteful and not needed?
  • Tea Party Zombies Must Die: The Game
    You mean the latest of the "Liberal Culture of Death"'s cynical and hateful assaults on American values?
  • I don't know why they keep saying Culture of Death. It doesn't make any sense to me.
  • I don't know why they keep saying Culture of Death. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    It doesn't have to. It only has to make sense to idiots. ;^)
  • I don't think we are any more death-full than any other mortal life forms. In fact, this is same culture they deride for being "soft" and "against war."
  • edited September 2011
    I believe this is relevant. (WARNING: Funny.)

(edit: put in the warning)
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
    Of course, they don't say "Culture of Death" when referring to Rick Perry's apparent glee in leading the nation in executions.
  • I believe this is relevant. (WARNING: Funny.)

(edit: put in the warning)
    More Relevant(WARNING: More Funny.)
  • Of course, they don't say "Culture of Death" when referring to Rick Perry's apparent glee in leading the nation in executions.
    Of course. That's "tough on crime."
    Of course, they don't say "Culture of Death" when referring to Rick Perry's apparent glee in leading the nation in executions.
    That makes me shudder when I consider that A) He apparently doesn't have a problem sending innocent people to their deaths. and B) He will likely inherit at least one war, if elected.
    Abortions.
    It doesn't make sense. Period. It's a political catchphrase without real meaning. It's a cheap tactic to dehumanize the opposition and rally the troops against them. And it doesn't have to be true because it is repeated until everybody thinks it's true.
    The Republicans are better at the game of politics than Democrats. I mean, "Obamacare?" These people know marketing and spin. "Death panels" is an easily-digested sound bite; the actual explanation is not.
  • Abortions.
    WAR. >:C
  • Rick Perry denies clemency appeals of a likely-innocent man, allows him to be executed after almost all evidence is overturned. Says one Texas gubernatorial primary voter, "It takes balls to execute an innocent man."
  • Says one Texas gubernatorial primary voter, "It takes balls to execute an innocent man."
    I don't even know what that guy is saying? Shouldn't it mean "It takes a asshole fuckup to execute an innocent man?"
  • Says one Texas gubernatorial primary voter, "It takes balls to execute an innocent man."
    I don't even know what that guy is saying? Shouldn't it mean "It takes a asshole fuckup to execute an innocent man?"
    I think this was a "Why thank you." "That was not a compliment" situation.
    I think this was a "Why thank you." "That was not a compliment" situation.
    I'd thought so initially too, but after reading the article it doesn't sound like it.
    Multiple former Hutchison advisers recalled asking a focus group about the charge that Perry may have presided over the execution of an innocent man – Cameron Todd Willingham – and got this response from a primary voter: “It takes balls to execute an innocent man.”
  • Abortions.
    WAR. >:C
    I'm not agreeing with them, but that's what they're talking about.
  • edited September 2011
    During the debates, one of the moderators directed a question towards Perry starting with "Texas has executed 234 people during your term as governor, more than any other" and at that point the crowd broke into raucous applause.

In California

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattw/rick-perrys-execution-record-cheered-arl

The rest of the exchange will probably blow your mind as well considering Perry has killed at least one innocent man.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • During the debates, one of the moderators directed a question towards Perry starting with "Texas has executed 234 people during your term as governor, more than any other" and at that point the crowd broke into raucous applause.

In California

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattw/rick-perrys-execution-record-cheered-arl

The rest of the exchange will probably blow your mind as well considering Perry has killed at least one innocent man.
    "the abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power"
  • Anthony Weiner's old seat was just won by a GOP candidate in a special election. I hope all of you in his district remembered to vote...right?
  • edited September 2011
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anytime they win, we all lose.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Anthony Weiner's old seat was just won by a GOP candidate in a special election. I hope all of you in his district remembered to vote...right?
    *Yawn* the congressional seat that they are getting rid of next year *yawn*
  • *Yawn* the congressional seat that they are getting rid of next year *yawn*
    Boy I can't wait for this to bite the Democrats in the ass during an important vote over the next year...
  • *Yawn* the congressional seat that they are getting rid of next year *yawn*
  • Boy I can't wait for this to bite the Democrats in the ass during an important vote over the next year...
    Honestly, I don't draw a lot of conclusions from special election races, before 2010 democrats won all the special elections and this year the special elections have been all over the place. It's almost like every congressional district has it's own special situations that cause one side or the other to win. In this case the former Mayor Koch (a democrat) endorsed the republican because he wanted to send a message about the Israel stance of President Obama.

A good example of special elections is how in the resort town of Wildwood they had a recall and recalled the council of some 20 years of service. But when the next actual election occurred the old guys won and came back in. Special Elections have all sorts of other factors in them... They generally only draw people who want some sort of change.
  • My biggest beef with that congressional election was that the Republibaggers keep yelling how it's a referendum on Obama.
    Seriously? The last election that was a 'referendum on Obama' ended up with congress getting a larger (R) population, but in mere months the approval rating plummeted. It's at 18% last I checked, one of the lowest in American history. I'm getting tired of every election that a Republitard wins, they start acting like suddenly Obama isn't president anymore.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm getting tired of every election that a Republitard wins, they start acting like suddenly Obama isn't president anymore.
    I can't understand why they keep saying something like "It's because the president is near!"

Are they bringing in a new guy or something?
    Post edited by Churba on