This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I've read an Anne Coulter book. I do not agree with it.
    I read a phonebook, and I 8675309.
  • I've read an Anne Coulter book. I do not agree with it.
    I read a phonebook, and I 8675309.
    Actually, someone at my college had that number... Poor girl got way too many crank calls...
  • While I still believe the healthcare law will be upheld (barely), if it's not, it's starting to sound like more people will be pushing for single payer. May the unintended consequences of a defeat, end up working against opponents in the long term?
  • While I still believe the healthcare law will be upheld (barely), if it's not, it's starting to sound like more people will be pushing for single payer. May the unintended consequences of a defeat, end up working against opponents in the long term?
    Who knows... Frankly, I'm losing a lot of faith in people in general. Maybe I'm becoming more crotchety and misanthropic as I get older (get off my lawn!)... The fact is that nothing will get passed because one side or the other (usually the GOP as they really love to shoot things down) will shoot down anything that comes up. The GOP even shoots down their own ideas (the individual mandate) once the Democrats decide "okay, not ideal, but at least it's something we can work with."

I honestly feel that the USA is starting to devolve into a third-world banana republic at this point. I guess I'm a bit fortunate in that I have a bit of an escape clause in that I'm eligible for dual citizenship with the E.U. if I file the paperwork (though I haven't yet in case I want to apply for a govt. job in the US that requires a security clearance -- it's happened before), but I can't help but feel bad for this country as it is my home and I do love it (in the "root for my country in the Olympics" sense, as opposed to the "bomb everyone who disagrees with it" sense).

One thing that gets overlooked is that the cost of individual insurance as well as the whole protection for those with pre-existing conditions is beneficial to entrepreneurship. Right now, if I come up with a brilliant idea to start a new business, I can't quit my job to start said business as I'd lose my health insurance, which I kind of need, due to a pre-existing condition. I'm probably not the only person in this boat.
  • Rush Limbaugh says... You know what...anything he says...just....just anything.
  • Rush Limbaugh says... You know what...anything he says...just....just anything.
    People like him are a dying breed and knows it; that's why they are filled with so much rage.
  • So David Barton has published another book, this time entitled "The Jefferson Lies" which is quite the ironic title. Chris Rodda is destroying him once again.
  • Rep. Steve King thinks that the right to privacy is an unconstitutional invention. Of course he'd have problems identifying what's in the Constitution and what not, since he never read it.
  • One of the main reasons people fought against the bill of rights, was the thought that people would come to assume they were the only rights people had.
  • Hence the 9th Amendment of the Constitution.
    What, the one Republicans conveniently forget exists? Like the most important one?
    What, the one Republicans conveniently forget exists?
    I thought that was the 14th. :P

I thought it was the 1st.

I thought it was all of them except the 2nd.
  • edited April 2012
    Hence the 9th Amendment of the Constitution.

I thought it was all of them except the 2nd.
    I thought the 2nd allowed all the rest to exist.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Pretty sure they're all important, guys. That's why they're part of the document that is the highest law in the United States.
  • 13 is pretty important. Although if I ever get elected I'll push for a repeal of 27.
  • Pretty sure they're all important, guys. That's why they're part of the document that is the highest law in the United States.
    Of course, they're all important... it's just that the GOP seems to forget that.
  • No, they willfully IGNORE that.
  • While proclaiming themselves its biggest defenders, no less.
  • Seriously. If they want to control my life, they could at least have the decency to pay for my healthcare, too.
  • NOPE. Rich white men would rather turn you into a brood sow, so you're too preoccupied to think for yourself.
  • ... but the farmer pays for the brood sow's medical expenses. So technically...
  • ... but the farmer pays for the brood sow's medical expenses. So technically...
    Only for as long as she's useful. Once he no longer any use for her, he sells her to the leather factory.
  • Why does it always come back to a skin suit in this thread?
  • Yeah Nuri, I was talking about which amendment the GOP willfully ignores most frequently, not which is the most important. That is why there was such a varied response.
  • Yeah Nuri, I was talking about which amendment the GOP willfully ignores most frequently, not which is the most important. That is why there was such a varied response.
    You were in this conversation? ;P

I just replied to the last couple of posts. I can't keep up with this thread regularly without succumbing to despair and murderous urges.

• Ditto. That would be why my presence here is hardly detectable. <3
  • Okay, let's make a pact to be each others' alibis.