This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• The same goes for Australian coins, with the added advantage of there being less types.
    Yeah, definitely a pro. Caveat about UK coins: the 2p is useless.

Shut your mouth! How would we decide the coin toss? Who goes first at darts? Who gets the last pie on a night out! Or to throw at people! The 2p is a corner stone of the UK!

The 50p is the best flipping coin ever made. Especially the pre-redesign, out-of-circulation, heavier 50p, one of which is in my possession and is carried expressly as my flipping coin of choice.

The 50p's edges make in impractical and its wighting is to heavy. The 2p has the wight and smoothness to make it the superior flipping coin.
    I'll agree with that - I'll put the Australian 20 cent coin right behind it, but the 2p coin is still the crowd favorite.
  • The same goes for Australian coins, with the added advantage of there being less types.
    Yeah, definitely a pro. Caveat about UK coins: the 2p is useless.

Shut your mouth! How would we decide the coin toss? Who goes first at darts? Who gets the last pie on a night out! Or to throw at people! The 2p is a corner stone of the UK!

The 50p is the best flipping coin ever made. Especially the pre-redesign, out-of-circulation, heavier 50p, one of which is in my possession and is carried expressly as my flipping coin of choice.

The 50p's edges make in impractical and its wighting is to heavy. The 2p has the wight and smoothness to make it the superior flipping coin.
    I'll agree with that - I'll put the Australian 20 cent coin right behind it, but the 2p coin is still the crowd favorite.
    Yet to try the 20 cent, might have to go trade some and give it a crack. The 2p has history, it has tradition, its a good solid coin.
  • Y'all just some weak-thumbed bitches.

Except for Churba, who could probably kill a crack Death Squad with his thumbs.
  • Its getting the right flips nothing to do with strength, the 2p lends itself to it.

You should see what he can do with a cup.
  • Romney Finally released his 2011 tax return

Turns out the rich bastard pays a lower percentage than I do. I make less than .3% of his income and I pay a higher tax rate.

There is something very wrong with that.

Turns out the rich bastard pays a lower percentage than I do. I make less than .3% of his income and I pay a higher tax rate.

Yes, but he gave 29% of his income to charity! That has to count for something!

He pays the same percentage as you do based on the source of the income. Your problem is with the tax code not with Romney.

After adjustments to gross income everyone pays the same rates in earned income and other sources of income. There is no special "if your name is Romney" tax rate.

Flat tax with a standard personal deduction is the way to go. Fuck capital gains, dividends count as income and selling stock can fall under sales tax.

• edited September 2012
    Flat tax is fucking insane.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2012
    Romney Finally released his 2011 tax return

He pays the same percentage as you do based on the source of the income. Your problem is with the tax code not with Romney.

After adjustments to gross income everyone pays the same rates in earned income and other sources of income. There is no special "if your name is Romney" tax rate.

Flat tax with a standard personal deduction is the way to go. Fuck capital gains, dividends count as income and selling stock can fall under sales tax.
    If you read my original post, you can see that I said "Something is wrong with that."not ""Something is wrong with him." It's the tax code I was bitching about. I was just using him as an example of the problem.
    Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • Flat tax is regressive. Also insane.
  • If you make less than $250k a year and you are in favor of a flat tax, you are essentially saying, "Please fuck my income in the asshole so that rich people can get richer!"
  • edited September 2012
    Flat tax with high personal deduction as the only deduction, say $20,000? First $20K is tax free everything after that can be 15%.

Married couple gets 2 deductions: $40K. Add in 2 kids now your first $80K is tax free!

Know what's really regressive? Just about every business in the USA! How dare Burger King charge the same price for a burger regardless of the buyers income level! Why does Apple get to charge everyone the same price for an iPhone????

Regressive is the norm and is fair.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on

Yes, but he gave 29% of his income to charity! That has to count for something!
    I actually think it does. I'm okay with people avoiding taxes by giving charity. NPOs can be more effective than government at helping people.
  • Flat tax with high personal deduction as the only deduction, say $20,000? First $20K is tax free everything after that can be 15%.

Married couple gets 2 deductions: $40K. Add in 2 kids now your first $80K is tax free!

Know what's really regressive? Just about every business in the USA! How dare Burger King charge the same price for a burger regardless of the buyers income level! Why does Apple get to charge everyone the same price for an iPhone????

Umm. Wow. I don't have time right now to address this dense block of ignorance you just posted.
  • To be honest, I do agree that giving 29% of his income to charity, even if it does avoid taxes, is a good thing in general and that charitable organizations can be more effective than government depending on the economies of scale involved. At least he's not using some technique to avoid taxes that allows him to hoard his money for himself.
  • If you make less than $250k a year and you are in favor of a flat tax, you are essentially saying, "Please fuck my income in the asshole so that rich people can get richer!"
    See this is what I don't get. I can understand people voting for what ever prejudices they have, but when it is right there that they are going to get fucked in the arse why do they do it? It can't be a misguided belief of the good of the many because from what I tell it doesn't benefit the many only the few.

See this is what I don't get. I can understand people voting for what ever prejudices they have, but when it is right there that they are going to get fucked in the arse why do they do it? It can't be a misguided belief of the good of the many because from what I tell it doesn't benefit the many only the few.

It's called false consciousness. The conservative movement would not exist without it.
  • Flat tax with high personal deduction as the only deduction, say $20,000? First $20K is tax free everything after that can be 15%.

Umm. Wow. I don't have time right now to address this dense block of ignorance you just posted.
  • edited September 2012
    "Regressive is the norm and is fair."

Actually, I'd like to hear some elaboration on this concept.

Where did you hear or read this? Why do you think it's the norm? Why do you think it's fair?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited September 2012
    Flat tax with high personal deduction as the only deduction, say $20,000? First $20K is tax free everything after that can be 15%.

Of course with the tax code as it is right now I don't pay income tax on my 12K a year and YES I am in favor of a flat tax so suck it!
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Of course with the tax code as it is right now I don't pay income tax on my 12K a year and YES I am in favor of a flat tax so suck it!
    Wait, you've complained that Obama ending the Bush-era tax cuts and raises your taxes (which were nonexistent both before and after said cuts) and now you want to pay a flat tax? I'm confused.

Also, you already pay some flat/regressive taxes: Payroll/Social Security and Unemployment taxes.

Of course with the tax code as it is right now I don't pay income tax on my 12K a year and YES I am in favor of a flat tax so suck it!
    Can you possibly explai why you favor a flat tax? What is your reasoning?

• I wasn't under the impression that Jack thinks much.
  • edited September 2012
    A flat tax is a proportional tax. A flat tax is no more regressive than Dunkin' charging everyone the same price for a cup of coffee.

A regressive tax would be high rates on the low income and low rates on the high income.

Payroll taxes in the US are a regressive tax. They might look flat but they are not.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Let's remodel the white house into a Dunkin' Donuts.
  • A flat tax is a proportional tax. A flat tax is no more regressive than Dunkin' charging everyone the same price for a cup of coffee.
    I don't claim to know much about tax code, but that is a really bizarre equivalency to make. The only way it would make sense to compare the two is if there was ONE company that sold coffee, EVERY drink was the same price, and if you didn't buy coffee you WENT TO JAIL. Instead less well-off people can drink black Dunkin' Doughnuts and Maxwell House, while rich people tend towards Grande Caramel Buttfuck Mocha Lattes from Starbucks, and poor people can just not drink coffee.

Can you argue your point by talking about tax code and things directly related to it please?
  • edited September 2012
    It occurs to me that a person isn't required to buy their coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

No one is going to go to prison for not buying Dunkin' Donuts.

Would a flat tax system be voluntary, like the Dunkin' Donuts coffee buyings? Could I decide not to pay the flat tax, like I can decide to not buy Dunkin' Donuts coffee?

Edit: Ninja'd by Walker
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Feel like if everyone studied tax code for a year in high school along with the constitution, America would be a lot more sane, generous, and humane.