This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• I'm voting for Romney.
    I can see that. If you don't like one of his positions, all you have to do is wait for bit and he'll change it.

. . . except for the ladies and the gaize.
  • . . . except for the ladies and the gaize.
    I read this as gauze.
  • I, for one, find Romney's support for the expansion of space exploration in search for the planet Kolob appealing.
  • . . . except for the ladies and the gaize.
    I read this as gauze.
    This is the word my people have for "homosexual" - "gaize".

• Pete, you ruined your trolling with that one by trying too hard.. You should have kept to one sentence comments.

0/10

/Fark
    0/10? Bullshit. That was at least a 5. Rym posted a reaction .gif, you posted a meme, WuB played along, and Steve almost took me seriously I think.

Liberal math.

I took the unemployment data seriously but not the conspiracy part.
  • Romney's brave new economic plan would create 3 million magic underwear factory jobs.
  • Romney's brave new economic plan would create 3 million magic underwear factory jobs.
    That's some liberal bias, right there.
    That's some liberal bias, right there.
    Damn liberal media.
  • Oh God, my facebook feed today makes me want to LITERALLY murder people.

"I wish the current administration would manipulate gas prices downward just like they did the unemployment rate."

"U R completely wrong, everything Romney said during the debate was the truth. So called political fact checkers are liberally funded and biased."

DIE DIE DIE WHY DO YOU GET A VOTE WHEN YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID?!
  • The good news: even though all of them get a vote, roughly half of them will use it. This year probably less.
  • edited October 2012
    Anyone else notice that there are a lot less yard signs and bumper stickers for this election year?

Anyway:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • "You can't just call me old and senile."
  • edited October 2012
    Have you seen this? This U.S. Representative thinks that evolution and the big bang theory are like heavy metal in that they come straight from hell.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/06/paul-broun-evolution-big-bang_n_1944808.html

This guy is on the House Science Committee. Can you believe that? The Science Committee? . . . and he basically doesn't believe in science? How does this happen?

Also, WHAT IS UP with that weird, weird fucking wall of death behind this idiot?

Seriously, I'm not pleased with this guy.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Now that's a liberal bias.
  • Well, I guess it is pretty biased to want the people on the Science Committee to actually believe in science.

I wouldn't be so pissed off if he was on the Crazy Conservative Cracker Committee. He belongs on that committee,

He's from Georgia, isn't he? Andrew, how could you let this guy get elected? Please at least tell me that he's unpopular and will likely lose next time he's up.
  • edited October 2012
    It is Georgia, so he will probably be around for while. Also, while I dislike it I am not all that surprised he on the Science Committee after finding out Todd Akin is on it too.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I thought this was posted earlier, but perhaps I read it somewhere else. If not, sorry for repost.
  • Why isn't the Democratic party turning things like this into commercials against the current GOP in Washington? I would think with the state of the GOP, some attempt at nationalizing the Senate/House races would be in order.
  • Why isn't the Democratic party turning things like this into commercials against the current GOP in Washington? I would think with the state of the GOP, some attempt at nationalizing the Senate/House races would be in order.
    Because it wouldn't work. They are already portrayed enough as "godless libruls" -- the last thing they want to do is give more fodder for the religious right to use against them.
  • Political homogenization is a byproduct of conservatism, and political fracturing is a natural behavior of liberalism. Also, fair play tends to be a function of education.
    Because it wouldn't work. They are already portrayed enough as "godless libruls" -- the last thing they want to do is give more fodder for the religious right to use against them.
    I don't think that's the vote they should chase. They've already lost that fight. It's like if Romney tried to sway IL or HI. The vote they could win with that ad campaign would be the secular social libertarians fiscal conservatives, a group that feels largely unrepresented in current political atmosphere and can still be won by either side.
  • Nowadays, it's the SuperPACs that do all of the smearing and dirty work, and the GOP definitely has the advantage in the "shadowy puppet organization" category.
  • Nowadays, it's the SuperPACs that do all of the smearing and dirty work, and the GOP definitely has the advantage in the "shadowy puppet organization" category.
    NPR actually ran a story a couple of weeks ago about how Romney was out fund-raising Obama because Obama and many liberals were against the Citizens United decisions and didn't want to give money to Super PACs. On an individual donor level, Obama is destroying Romney, but in terms of Super PAC money, the Democrats aren't contributing nearly as much money as the Republicans. Only recently has Obama decided to change his campaign's stance on Super PAC money. He still isn't coming right out and soliciting donations like the Romney campaign, but now he's more open to it.

That being said, as the NPR segment pointed out, many of the super rich liberals are donating directly to causes they believe in, rather than contributing to Super PACs for the presidential campaign because they think it will "taint" their money.

Interesting segment...

• edited October 2012
    Edit: Ninja'd in the Current Events thread... woops...
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • Also included in that image search:

• Driving in to work, listened to a Morning Edition story that illustrates the difference between state and federal regulation.

Basically, the recent fatal meningitis outbreak has been traced to a fungus that somehow was mixed into medicine at a compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts. Apparently, this sort of thing did not happen in the 90s, when there was federal regulation of such pharmacies. However, SCOTUS struck down those regulations, I'm sure much to the delight of republicans who think everything can be done better at the local and state level. Now, it's up to the states to regulate those pharmacies, and they're not doing such a good job. Not good as in many people have died because of it.

Here's some anecdotal evidence (the report from Morning Edition about the fatal meningitis outbreak) that states can't always regulate businesses and ensure safety like the federal government. As a result, many people have died.

So what is one of the main platforms of the republican party? Oh yeah - federal regulation is ALWAYS BAD!!!!111!!!! We should let the states do everything for themselves! . . . and let private industry alone, because private industry always has our best interests at heart, never makes a mistake, and never needs to be regulated.
  • edited October 2012
    There are lots of examples like this.

The only counter-example I can think of for safety regulation being a bad thing is the huge burden placed on toy makers. Basically, if you're not a multi-million dollar corporation, forget about meeting federal toy safety standards which require hundreds of thousands of dollars to be paid to industry inspections and certifications. Want to sell your handmade wooden toys out of your etsy shop? Better not call them toys, better call them keepsakes or something or you're breaking the law (people still do this, in droves.)
    Post edited by muppet on