This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• Um no.
    It may not be violent, but its a revolution Muppet.
  • Revolutions require change to occur beyond the names and the size of the flag pins.
  • Maybe if every governmental position changed every 4 years it might be a revolution, but Its far from that right now.
  • noope.
    noun: forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system.
  • noope.
    noun: forcible overthrow of a government or social order, in favour of a new system.
    Does it have to have guns involved to be forcible? Locutus and Ninjarabbi made better points than just posting the definition.
  • You're torturing the definition. That's the point.

Yes forcible means force is used. Harsh words do not count.
  • Why do people who want to destroy America deserve the civil mercy of our courts? Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
    Because America believes itself to be a just society. These criminals (that is how I see them) must account for their crimes. Killing them is revenge, not justice. A just society has no need of revenge, because it changes nothing. For this same reason, some oppose the death penalty. Some of us do not wish to see our society wallow in barbarism.

• edited October 2012
    I'm pretty sure that was troll-mode WuB there.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm pretty sure that was troll-mode WuB there.
    Perhaps, but my point still stands.
  • http://romneymegaprayer.com/
    Am I the only person that read that URL in the Unreal Tournament Announcer Voice?
    Am I the only person that read that URL in the Unreal Tournament Announcer Voice?
    Not any longer.
  • edited November 2012
    Ok, so what's up with that study? It's obviously bullshit; I just want to know why. I don't have access to the full paper, so maybe someone more sciencey than I can be of assistance?
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
    Not any longer.
  • edited November 2012
    Ok, so what's up with that study? It's obviously bullshit; I just want to know why. I don't have access to the full paper, so maybe someone more sciencey than I can be of assistance?
    Google Scholar can often find links for full papers; it found this:
    http://sites.stat.psu.edu/~rho/mindon/distant.pdf
  • Ok, so what's up with that study? It's obviously bullshit; I just want to know why. I don't have access to the full paper, so maybe someone more sciencey than I can be of assistance?
    Idiots trying to validate their beliefs and gain e-peen.
  • I was pretty sure that the opposite was proven true, do to those being prayed through going through what basically amounts of stage fright. I need to find the paper I read about that though.
  • In a proper study it would be done without the people being prayed for knowing about it.
  • edited November 2012
    Quick I need 100 volunteers and three congregations of different denominations! (One catholic and two protestant)

Edit: Forgot we need a control group not getting any prayers.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • In a proper study it would be done without the people being prayed for knowing about it.
    Well, yeah, the group that didn't know they were being prayed for had no signs of change. But one of the groups was told of the prayers. I'll find source.
  • Ok, so what's up with that study? It's obviously bullshit; I just want to know why. I don't have access to the full paper, so maybe someone more sciencey than I can be of assistance?
    Google Scholar can often find links for full papers; it found this:
    http://sites.stat.psu.edu/~rho/mindon/distant.pdf
    Oh, they didn't actually do anything. It's just a meta study that amounted to "Someone should do a study on this that isn't shitty, because some of these other studies had serious methodological issues."
  • Only problem I see with my idea is a small group size. And depending on what we're trying to cure it might get hard to find a good sample size.
  • Any predictions as to how much of an impact Sandy will have on voter turn out? Is it possible a state like CT might flip considering how badly Bridgeport and the coast got hit?
  • Everything I've seen points to negligible change based on this.
  • It shouldn't affect the turnout.
  • If you think it won't affect turnout, you're fucking crazy.

I think young Democrats are probably one of the most likely demographics to not bother show up in the wake of Sandy, as they're the most apathetic and disenfranchised next to minorities. Could absolutely fuck with the outcome.
  • edited November 2012
    With regards to the presidential election, it could have a relevant effect in, say, Virginia, but even then it could easily be outweighed by the effects of how Obama and Romney have handled the situation.

Some of the other elections going on will probably have surprising results, though.
  • edited November 2012
    If you think it won't affect turnout, you're fucking crazy.

I think young Democrats are probably one of the most likely demographics to not bother show up in the wake of Sandy, as they're the most apathetic and disenfranchised next to minorities. Could absolutely fuck with the outcome.
    KICK THEM IN THE ASS AND TELL THEM TO VOTE!

Emperor it's like you TRY to be contrarian.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • The only way to get politicians to pay attention to you, the young voter, is to convince them that they should, that you are powerful. If they see you as bored and disinterested in politics, they will ignore you because it does not get them anything. The Millennials need to bust out some of that voting block action like the AARP.