This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

All is well with the world

124»

Comments

• I'm actually trying pretty hard not to feel really bummed right now, which is something that happens to me a lot. I wish I could just instantly cheer up and spend the rest of the day happy.
    You could jump on my case again, seemed to work yesterday. :P j/k

Seriously, hope you feel better. ^_^
  • You could jump on my case again, seemed to work yesterday. :P j/k

Seriously, hope you feel better. ^_^
    Pssh, that was no big deal. It was yesterday, and it was just the internet. Oh wait, this is too...! ;D

And thank you.
  • I'm actually trying pretty hard not to feel really bummed right now, which is something that happens to me a lot. I wish I could just instantly cheer up and spend the rest of the day happy.
    Once again, I recommend gin.

Or puppies. Puppies cure everything.
  • Or puppies. Puppies cure everything.
    Except sleeplessness. ^_~
  • edited August 2009
    Actually, all is not well in the world. I took a walk this morning...

Hobo in The Park
    Hobo at The Baseball Field
    Hobo at The Recreational Center

To counteract the harsh reality of life, I bring you puppies!

Oh, no, wait...
    Lost Dog
    I think it takes a certain special kind of asshole to mustache and goatee a lost dog poster.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2009
    Or puppies. Puppies cure everything.
    Except sleeplessness. ^_~
    True. However, if you really hate that you get a full night of sleep, having a puppy sleep in bed with you is a great way to cure it! :P

@Sonic: It really does take a special kind of asshole to mustache and goatee a lost dog poster.

It takes a totally new level of asshole to call up someone who had their Akita's puppy stolen, and then offer up a puppy that looks nothing like the one they are missing in order to collect on the $1000 reward. I really wish I could believe in Hell, because if it really existed, I'm convinced there would be a special level dedicated to those sorts of assholes.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I was expecting a post from Sonic, something along the lines of: "Turns out the photo was taken before the dog grew it's moustache and they had to add it in.".
  • I was expecting a post from Sonic, something along the lines of: "Turns out the photo was taken before the dog grew it's moustache and they had to add it in.".
    I say It's actually a dog from the mirror universe.
  • I think it was added by the people who stole the puppy to throw people off the trail.
  • I think it was added by the people who stole the puppy to throw people off the trail.
    This one wins.
    This one wins.
    Hehehe
  • I like Rym's scale, but mine looks a little different:

I hate everything and want it all to burn---I hate you and want you to die---Your death would not adversely affect my life---Hungry---Not Hungry---Not Pissed Off---Drunk---Asleep
    There has been a breakthrough at the Pete Olsen Research Institute in the Paranormal Research division. They've spent the past 20 years trying to find the fabled state of being that is happier than "Asleep," and have announced a new finding.

The revised Pete Olsen States of Being now read as follows (this is the X-axis: Hungry---Not Hungry comprise the Y-axis after a brilliant review by a private consultant):

I hate everything and want it all to burn---I hate you and want you to die---Your death would not adversely affect my life---Not Pissed Off---Drunk---Asleep---Smoochies
  • Wait . . . I just realized that joeboomer made this thread seven days ago and then he made the "This world feels so lonely" thread four days ago.

That means that everyone who predicted that he would have a crash from the high you were on when you made this thread was right. Cheers.
  • Wait . . . I just realized that joeboomer made this thread seven days ago and then he made the "This world feels so lonely" thread four days ago.

That means that everyone who predicted that he would have a crash from the high you were on when you made this thread was right. Cheers.
    Sort of, but I wouldn't say that the crash happened because I was happy. I used my happy time to grow and develop myself. I observed my assumptions and what conditioning I had internalized over the years and broke them down. It was kinda frightening realizing how certain things I assumed were just wrong. Not only that, but I've been sitting in front of my computer for 2 months in America, with all my friends 9 timezones away. My social interaction consisted of my parents and the occasional register attendant. Right now though, I'm much more happier and confident, and I walk tall. Everything I do is much more deliberate, and I'm trying to have more authority in my life. Mind you, I'm still kinda lonely...

School starts tomorrow, things are looking up! ^_^
  • Ahhh, end of summer blues. Oh the life of a student, some parts of that I will never miss.
  • This topic is silly. I just read the whole thing. I wish I could be continuously happy, but circumstances prevent it. Ah well. I'm glad to know other people have found sustained happiness.
  • This thread need more missiles.
  • This thread need more missiles.
    Oh, shit! We get to do this again? AWESOME!
    edited August 2009
    Post edited by ... on
  • Ah, back in the era of the great missiles and the Pyramids.
  • This thread was awesome.
  • Along withthis,this,and this.
    The hungry joe thread arose from a geekchat - I was tired to the point of hallucination, and I just started cracking wise about hungryjoe being old and awesome, and thus, the thread arose like the oh god of hangovers.
  • The hungry joe thread arose from a geekchat - I was tired to the point of hallucination, and I just started cracking wise about hungryjoe being old and awesome, and thus, the thread arose like the oh god of hangovers.
    It was an experience, a most joyous moment at about holy fuck o'clock in the morning. I am glad to have been part of it.
  • holy fuck o'clock in the morning.
    Yeah, I'm stealing that saying. HA!
  • Yeah, I'm stealing that saying. HA!
    I first thought of using "butt-fuck o'clock" but that can be any hour of the day really. Whereas "holy fuck o'clock" perfectly corresponds to what people say when you tell them you were still awake till that hour.
  • I first thought of using "butt-fuck o'clock" but that can be any hour of the day really. Whereas "holy fuck o'clock" perfectly corresponds to what people say when you tell them you were still awake till that hour.
    And let's not forget, when you wake up too early in the morning, it's Oh-dark-hundred.
  • edited August 2009
    We should organize a geek chat and somehow involve a drinking game.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    edited August 2009
    We should organize a geek chat and somehow involve a drinking game.
    Everytime Nine says the following or sings/quotes the entirety of one of Weebls works, take a shot: "Awesome", "narwhal", "melons". I give you 2 hours tops.

EDIT: If he's dying from laughter, take 3 shots.
    Post edited by ... on
  • EDIT: If he's dying from laughter, take 3 shots.
    Well, looks like I'm going to kill you all from alcohol poisoning.