This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things that suck about your family

13»

Comments

• I've heard good things about Seattle...
    Well if you can get past the fact that it's either cloudy or raining half the year, Seattle is one of the most open and accepting places I've ever visited/lived. It does have its rough spots, but those are easily avoided.
  • Wow, some of you guys have some pretty heavy stuff going on. I'm glad you have a place to vent here...it's always tough when you have to worry about someone that you can't just cut out of your life.

As for me: my mom is a dragon, my grandma is dying, and my dad is an irredeemable dick...but for the most part my family is pretty cool. My family issues are not nearly the same kind of issues that a lot of others seem to have. They mostly involve lifestyle choices and a seeming inability to change things that they dislike about their own lives.

I consider much of the Crew to be part of my family, too, so that part of it is pretty awesome. ;) I love you guys.
  • my dad is an irredeemable dick
    He liked my beer, so he gets a point for that.
  • my dad is an irredeemable dick
    He liked my beer, so he gets a point for that.
    He drinks Icehouse. I don't think his taste has a really high bar.

Plus, you only experienced him for a few hours, he was drinking the whole time (which makes him sociable), and he had a dog to yell at instead of us.
  • my mom is a dragon
    What does this even mean???
  • edited February 2010
    my mom is a dragon
    She hordes things. There are 3 rooms in the house that are full of *stuff*. When I say full, I mean they are filled up at least knee-deep. You have to crawl over things to get to the things behind or underneath them. She has trouble letting go of things, even when they are paperback books that no one has touched for a decade.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited February 2010
    He drinks Icehouse.
    He just lost all of his points. All one of them.
    There are 3 rooms in the house that are full of *stuff*.
    I want you to understand, when she says "full of stuff," she means full. The rooms are unusable. Every single flat surface in the house has stuff on it. There's nowhere to sit. There's no real "path" through the mess; the path is just a bit less cluttered.
    Dragons hoard.

EDIT: Despite the hoarding, though, Nuri's mom is a pretty cool lady. Her stepmom is wicked cool too - excellent taste in beer.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited February 2010
    There are 3 rooms in the house that are full of *stuff*.
    I want you to understand, when she says "full of stuff," she means full. The rooms are unusable. Every single flat surface in the house has stuff on it. There's nowhere to sit. There's no real "path" through the mess; the path is just a bit less cluttered.
    Craft Room 1, taken from the closet:
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited February 2010
    Dragons hoard.
    Dragons also barbecue adventurers, I wasn't sure what dragon feature we were going for there.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Dragons also barbecue adventurers, I wasn't sure what dragon feature we were going for there.
    Yeah, I took it to mean "mean lady".
  • Craft Room 1, taken from the closet:
    I need to clean up, I'm getting to this state myself.
  • I need to clean up, I'm getting to this state myself.
    Trust me, no you're not. I think I could actually walk through that room. There are worse rooms in the house.
  • I need to clean up, I'm getting to this state myself.
    Trust me, no you're not. I think I could actually walk through that room. There are worse rooms in the house.
    That room is really not that bad compared to some houses I've been in. Light can come through the windows (I'm assuming that's sunlight), the stuff stops before the ceiling, and you probably can't smell the house before you can touch it.
  • My uncle sucks. I normally can avoid him, but I can't avoid him for the time being.