This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Earthquakin'

13»

Comments

• Put simply: In a nuclear car, you'd make it going roughly 130 if no traffic jams got in your way.
  • [reply]
    GARJOIUFO@*U(@*U$*(@U I MEANT SAIL FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BUT LET ME SAY THAT YOU AGREED WITH HIS THINKING SO. FRACK.

Anyways, fuelled up car every so often ready for driving. Time switching to the next car will be minimal (pissing will take longer) so you'll still only have to go a few mph above the average.
  • edited June 2010
    [reply]
    GARJOIUFO@*U(@*U$*(@U I MEANT SAIL FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF BUT LET ME SAY THAT YOU AGREED WITH HIS THINKING SO. FRACK.
    ^_~ But you addressed me directly.

Also, HAH!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Anyways, fuelled up car every so often ready for driving. Time switching to the next car will be minimal (pissing will take longer) so you'll still only have to go a few mph above the average.
    That falls apart, even in theory - It takes time to slow down, stop, get in the other car, start it up, and accelerate back up to speed. You've not really gained that much in the end.
  • Go with a Carrera GT with an extra gas tank and a massive sensor/comm package (we're talking Valentine One, CB radio, radar scramblers, radar jammers, and radar/laser absorbing paint [which is actually available if you know the right guys]), plus EMP burst capability. You could do it if you used the plains states to rack up 200MPH speeds in short bursts.
  • radar/laser absorbing paint [which is actually available if you know the right guys])
    You'd hit max speed before you broke the speed limit anywhere but a nursing home driveway, because that shit is HEAVY, and you need to paint it on thick for it to be effective, and it would fuck up the car's aerodynamics, because if you leave a space in the paint, they can detect you.
  • edited June 2010
    You'd hit max speed before you broke the speed limit anywhere but a nursing home driveway, because that shit is HEAVY, and you need to paint it on thick for it to be effective, and it would fuck up the car's aerodynamics, because if you leave a space in the paint, they can detect you.
    Hmmm...I definitely know a guy notorious for speeding with some sort of paint job that has LIDAR absolutely fucked. He rides with jammers and scramblers, though, so it's possible that it only messes with LIDAR.

EDIT: Of course, it's all hearsay from him, so whatever.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Hmmm...I definitely know a guy notorious for speeding with some sort of paint job that has LIDAR absolutely fucked. He rides with jammers and scramblers, though, so it's possible that it only messes with LIDAR.

EDIT: Of course, it's all hearsay from him, so whatever.
    More likely just the jammers, if it's anything - LIDAR jammers both exist, and are commercially available, for the right price. The only problem is that they're variably effective, and really fuck-off expensive.