This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Greg said:

I wasn't advocating for reinstating Prohibition...

Ditto.
    Greg said:

Do you have a source on the abuse claim? I'd love to dig into that a little more.

I'll look through my library of books on women's studies, women's suffrage, etc. I started building this collection of books when I was 12, so there is a lot of material to sift through.

• I remember when the whiteboard app was built into MSN Messenger. It was great fun. You could quickly make MS paint drawings with friends, and communicate rapidly.

Then they killed the app. Then they killed MSN Messenger. No features returned in Skype.

Wacom styluses are always great though.
  • Found https://reddit.com/r/FRC through /r/random and smiled.
  • Nothing we can really do about this Brexit thing, so just do the best we can with the situation.

Buy low. Sell high. Looks like it's gonna be low, so get ready to buy.
  • What's the Geeknights saying? One grave at a time?
  • edited June 2016
    Pegu said:

What's the Geeknights saying? One grave at a time?

I know one other peaceful way, but even now at peak anger I do not think a critical mass of people are willing to go through with it.

As long as bread and circuses are in supply, all we can do is wait for old people to die. In the meantime, stop pissing into the wind on Twitter and enjoy the weather.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I've been doing a bunch of reading on my high school because of a major local news story exploding around it. Strangely proud that Charles Sumner, who was caned on the Senate floor for speaking out against slavery, went to the same school as me.
  • I read that wikipedia article you linked. You went to an old high school. Some guy got the shit kicked out of him over slavery and it was one of many things leading to civil war.
  • s/grave/funeral
  • Naoza said:

I read that wikipedia article you linked. You went to an old high school. Some guy got the shit kicked out of him over slavery and it was one of many things leading to civil war.

Oldest in the country.
  • So over fireworks on the 4th.
  • Just want to give a shout out to ma Scrubbing Bubbles. Dat tub goes from barf to white with almost no elbow grease necessary.
  • The daily shower cleaner is also boss.
  • edited July 2016
    Rochelle said:

The daily shower cleaner is also boss.

Does it really work? The tub stays whiter longer? I always feel like it's a scam just to get you to buy more shit.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It's easier to keep clean, imo. Use it daily, but I still give it a decent scrub over every few weeks or so.
  • Rochelle said:

It's easier to keep clean, imo. Use it daily, but I still give it a decent scrub over every few weeks or so.

So I can just scrub every few weeks or so and save money?
  • It really depends on how dirty your tub/shower gets. Our's is for two people using it daily and J's work makes him super dirty, so it saves me time, effort, and money. For one person, you'll have to gauge it.
  • Crispus Attucks was a freed slave son of a black man and a native American woman and was the first casualty in the American Revolution. There's some mighty poetic justice right there,
  • My issue with the auto cleaner is that the cleaner bottles run out sort of fast and they're a tad pricy to keep up with IMO.
  • MATATAT said:

My issue with the auto cleaner is that the cleaner bottles run out sort of fast and they're a tad pricy to keep up with IMO.

That's what I'm saying. It would be one thing if you never had to clean the shower the normal way, but you still do. It's just a trick to get you to give them more money.
  • I use a method mister bottle and give a quick spray every time I shower. The bottle lasts months, and it seems to do a good job of keeping the soapscum away.
  • I was able to eliminate pretty much all soap scum by switching from bar soap to liquid soap. Being liquid at room temperature, the liquid soap washes away. The solid soap resolidifies and becomes scum. The liquid soap only makes scum when the bottom of the shower curtain curls up and collects a little pool of soap water.
  • I stopped using solid soap ages ago. Mine is just Jeremy work dirt. However, I find myself forgetting to scrub my tub once a month, due to laziness as well, so the shower cleaner is still helpful. Laziness > money. The cost of it is worth the laziness. It's like the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet wand with disposable cleaning pads. I use them once a month and the big scrubber brush every month.
  • I used liquid soap for a long time. But then I got some really good bar soap, and I remembered how great bar soap is.
  • Rym said:

I used liquid soap for a long time. But then I got some really good bar soap, and I remembered how great bar soap is.

Yes, I prefer the greatness of bar soap. However, I settled for the fanciest liquid soap in the land, Neutrogena Rainbath. The default orange/brown color variety makes you feel like you are showering in a five star hotel. It's not that expensive if you get the mega size bottle on Amazon.

http://amzn.to/29okXlh
  • Rym said:

I used liquid soap for a long time. But then I got some really good bar soap, and I remembered how great bar soap is.

I've been using liquid soap for years, went back to some bar soap during college and it was not super great. But recently I got a good bar soap and I've been rocking that for the last couple months. It's been nice. Also part of the reason was that I think the loofa I was using, which I'd change out every couple months, was kinda messing my skin up. Going to bar soap fixed everything.
  • AmpAmp
    edited July 2016
    So I started reading The manga Fuuka the other day. Was all nice about a group of highschool kids forming a band to make it big. The two mcs fall in love and started going out. It was great a nice pick me up after the last couple of heavy ones I've read. Its was great good art, good characters the works. Open it up this morning for a bit of a read before work. Fuck did it take a turn down a dark path. It was literally gut wrenching and threw me for a loop. Im sure this isn't the right place but I needed to get it off my chest.
    Post edited by Amp on