This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

8 bacon cheeseburgers in 8 days

167891012»

Comments

• Rym said:

I should update this thread with photos of all the burgers I've eaten since 2010. I take photos of most of them!

There's a long-term photo project. Every meal of a particular type you've ever eaten as a time lapse.
    I could do this.
  • Rym said:

This thread is important. People have forgotten that Five Guys is deeply mediocre. ;^)

I go to Five Guys for a decent burger quickly, there are far better burgers to be had if I'm patient enough to sit.
    pence said:

Rym said:

There's a long-term photo project. Every meal of a particular type you've ever eaten as a time lapse.

Every Chipotle burrito bowl from the last two years scrolls past, and they all look the same. I feel worse about myself.
    Mine usually vary only on what meat I get. But I only go to Chipotle for that favor, so I don't feel bad about it.
  • What would your last burger be? I'm thinking a least a double patty with a generous helping of bacon, mushrooms and various cheese for me. Seasoned curly fries also.
  • My final burger meal doesn't exist. It would be a nice pretzel bun with the meat being In'N'Out pattys, two or three in number. Cheese would be a smoked cheddar. Sweet dill pickles. Tiny amount of sriracha, hand made mayo, and mustard.

To me, that is the Frankenstein version of my perfect burger. Well, at this hour, anyway, after 11 hours without food.

• I like having the option of using Portabella mushrooms as buns.

I really like going to AFK Tavern/Elixirs & Eatery. Wish they had more vegetable dishes, however.
  • Oh god that bacon looks amazing.
  • edited March 2015
    The people that sat next to us had 69 pieces of bacon and ate all of it. You can see pictures of the tale here: https://www.facebook.com/AFKEandE/posts/989808697697854

There is an appetizer on their menu that is just a plate of bacon.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Rochelle said:

There is an appetizer on their menu that is just a plate of bacon.

Don't get me wrong, I like bacon but that tale is disgusting.
    I've never ordered bacon by itself.
  • sK0pe said:

If you're over this way sometime, we'll go and grab a burger from Burger Urge. That shit is gooooood.
  • Churba said:

sK0pe said:

If you're over this way sometime, we'll go and grab a burger from Burger Urge. That shit is gooooood.
    That store looks awesome.
    I would definitely catch up with all the forumites when I visit Queensland next.

• I had a burger last night with the usual fixings, but it had the option of Adding fois gras to it. Didn't go for that though.
  • Found a 5 guys in Birmingham of all places. I had a regular burger, the short one had a small cheese burger (or what ever it is called), a portion of chips to share and a shake. It was ok, the chips being the best bit. But for £21 I would have gone to a trucker pop up and had a similar taste experience for half the price.
  • Yeah, I would not pay that much for a 5 Guys burger. I wouldn't pay that much for most burgers.
  • Guys! Guys! I forgot to mention the new contender for best burger in Berlin. At a restaurant called Muse. The burger itself comes on a hot skillet, and you then build it up yourself. Normally I find that to be a bit gimmicky, but here it really worked. When I asked about it, they said "We make our own burgers every day and we treat our burgers as though they are steaks" and it's good they do, because it was amazing.

It's probably the closest burger I've had to the Peter Luger burger mentioned in my first post in this thread. Both are 5 star burgers, anyway.

• I'd pay £21 for that burger.
  • Sticking a star in that for the next time I'm in Berlin.
  • http://www.museberlin.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/muse.gastro/

We've driven across the city to visit twice now. Both meals were excellent. It's going to be really hard not just to order the burger again next time!
  • Rym said:

Sticking a star in that for the next time I'm in Berlin.

Since I will be there in three days time, I will definitely pay a visit.
  • edited November 2015

Rym said:

Sticking a star in that for the next time I'm in Berlin.

Since I will be there in three days time, I will definitely pay a visit.
    So yeah. Muse is an absolute must-visit. I cannot think of a single burger in the US I've had that was as good for the price. Katie had the pulled pork sandwich and it was incredibly unique. The starters and cheesecake for dessert were equally excellent. 5/5. Will visit again the next time we come to Germany.

I'd pay £21 for that burger.

The picture appears to be the same burger I had. In which case, it's only around $10 after conversion. I'm seriously loving how cheap food is in Berlin.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I got a few extras, so the burger was €10 instead of €8 or whatever. But yeah, super good deal.
  • Another place in Berlin that I would recommend to anyone for good burgers and a fun atmosphere is The Pub. I had their basic bacon cheeseburger, and it was one of the best I've had. But what really stands out about that place is that they have beer taps built into every table. So you can just pour your own beer whenever you want and it keeps track of how much you pour and you pay by the liter. Not the best beer available, but the concept is so fun that we didn't care. Also fun is that you compete with other tables in the pub plus other establishments around the globe (based on the number of restaurants in Prague, I'm guessing it started there).