This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Secret shames

Comments

• Oh Rocky Horror, duh.
    Have you seen Rocky Horror? It's composed ENTIRELY of cheese.
    There are different kinds of cheese.
  • South Pacific and West Side Story are the only musicals a real man should admit liking. Maybe Paint Your Wagon and Oklahoma! if he's feeling very charitable.
  • Scott's general appreciation of music is extremely kitsch. His mentioning of several campy movies and musicals only reinforces this idea.

This song is guaranteed to make ANY drama geek to jizz their pants immediately.

In regards to animated musicals, I think it's hard to beat Prince of Egypt with regards to quality of score.
  • There are different kinds of cheese.
    Explain.
    Explain.
  • Ahhh, artfully dodged at that.
    Yes, and Rocky just sort of melts them all into a giant fondue and then smears it all over Tim Curry's lingerie-clad body.
  • Rock Horror is terrible.
  • I'm currently listening to the Rocky Horror soundtrack. Haters gonna hate.
    Yes, and Rocky just sort of melts them all into a giant fondue and then smears it all over Tim Curry's lingerie-clad body.
    mmmmm Time Curry lingere fondue .... Cheesy yes but damn it I can't help taking that step to the left!
  • Rock Horror is terrible.
    Absolutely, but it's an enjoyable sort of terrible. It's the kind of terrible you can sing along to.
  • My secret shame: I fucking love this song.
  • I laugh at Scott's mention of Blues Brothers 2000.
  • edited March 2011
    Scott's general appreciation of music is extremely kitsch. His mentioning of several campy movies and musicals only reinforces this idea.

This song is guaranteed to make ANY drama geek to jizz their pants immediately.
    Yeah. Also, he forgot Hair. I'm seeing the Broadway revival in a week. In the orchestra section. :3

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yeah. Also, he forgot Hair. I'm seeing the Broadway revival in a week. In the orchestra section. :3
    Never saw Hair.
  • I quite like the Fighting Fantasy books and occasionally play through one. They are really not very good, but I guess it's nostalgia. Well, Deathtrap dungeon still holds up. Kinda.

• I don't like yaoi as much as people think I do. My collection is still smaller than most fujoshi.

I had crushes on a few folks here. Still do with one or two, but Jed is the main one in my heart! <3! Kya~h!
  • I unironically love the 1975 film Tommy.
  • I still go to 4chan on a semi-regular basis.
  • I still go to 4chan on a semi-regular basis.
    I do as well. I don't really see how people hate it so much, I enjoy the shitcockery most of the time.
  • I just find 4chan boring. Even /b/ fails to live up to the hype.
  • I responded to a YouTube comment the other day. :(
  • Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, I respond to Youtube comments. Then, when I get the notification a few hours later that the person responded, I drop my head in shame and whisper "What have I done?"
  • edited July 2011
    I just find 4chan boring. Even /b/ fails to live up to the hype.
    You're going to the wrong boards. And /b/ is shit, I don' know what sort of hype it has where you think it's actually worth visiting.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • I briefly visited /wg/ looking for good wallpapers but it became repetitive and I got tired of seeing so many naked ladies naked ladies. Perhaps that last bit belongs in the "thing you never expected to hear yourself say" thread too.
  • edited July 2011
    I briefly visited /wg/ looking for good wallpapers but it became repetitive and I got tired of seeing so many naked ladies naked ladies. Perhaps that last bit belongs in the "thing you never expected to hear yourself say" thread too.
    Wallbase rips stuff from 4chan's wallpaper boards and catergorizes them as well as sets the appropriate ones to NSFW if you don't want to look at naked ladies. It's not magic though, some stuff doesn't get flagged.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • though some so stuff doesn't get flagged.
    Flag it yourself. That's what I do.
  • if you don't want to look at naked ladies. It's not magic though, some stuff doesn't get flagged.
    There are people who don't want to look at naked ladies?
  • if you don't want to look at naked ladies. It's not magic though, some stuff doesn't get flagged.
    There are people who don't want to look at naked ladies?
    You need desktop wallpaper at work too, you know.
  • Naked ladies at home, robots at work.