This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• I just think green glass looks ugly. Hrrmmph
  • Oh yeah, Stella, Dos Equis, and Spaten, I could have used those. I need to find and try Lech and Tsing Tao, never had those. Thanks Churba.
    No worries, man. I also recommend Baltika 8 if you like Wheat beer, Baltika 4 is a nice lager, and Baltika 6 is a bloody good porter.

• No worries, man. I also recommend Baltika 8 if you like Wheat beer, Baltika 4 is a nice lager, and Baltika 6 is a bloody good porter.
    Sweet, I will have to try those. I love a good lager and porter, and my wife is fond of wheat beers. I knew throwing your name out was a good idea. ^_^

• Assuming you could cover your skin in the spray or coating, what would it feel like or what would happen if you were to jump in a pool or take a shower?
  • You would die in short order as your body was unable to sweat.

A small part of you would still feel wet when you put your hand in water as your sense of wetness is a combination of temperature and pressure (It's why your hands still feel wet if you use washing up gloves.) but you would feel dry again almost immediately after taking your hand out.
  • And as we all know from Garth Marenghi if you can't sweat on your skin you can under your tongue then you get cancer.
  • Screw my body, cover my car in that!
  • How many people here use wall mounts for their TVs? I'm thinking of getting a wall mount instead of a new media tower. Then I can put the big electronics on top of the stand the TV was on.
    The TV in the kitchen at my house is mounted.

• What do you do when your comfort TV gives you too many feels?
  • What do you do when your comfort TV gives you too many feels?
    Drink til you don't feel feels.
  • What do you do when you're a minor and your comfort TV gives you too many feels?
  • What do you do when you're a minor and your comfort TV gives you too many feels?
    Play video games!
  • I need help deciding. I'm looking for a new wall clock for the living room. I want something Yoshi related. I actually found some random online vendor that seems to somewhat specialize in them on Sears.com

So here are my choices:

1.image
    2. image
    3. image
    4. image

I'm learning more towards the first and last one.
  • Those are all awful crappy clocks. Don't get any of them. They are not even officla merchandise. They are just crappy "make your own clock" kits where they printed a jpg on a clock face and stuck it inside the clock.

Instead, you should go to the craft store and buy a clock mechanism. Then make a yoshi clock.
  • Well of course they aren't official. If there were any on Club Nintendo, I would totally go for those.

I don't want to make anything. My crafting bug is very behind and feeling very lazy. :(

Someone make one for me! I will love you forever.
  • Yeah what Scott said.
  • Well, there are websites through Zazzle and Cafe Press that let you custom make ones. Maybe I'll try them.
  • Those sites and kits usually result in pretty jankey looking wares.
  • I give up. :(

There are no cool clocks on Think Geek, well any I like. And there are maybe some ok ones on Etsy.
  • edited September 2012
    Get a coping saw and a maple or pine plank and cut out a Yoshi shape. Paint it, lacquer it, drill it, stick your clock (I said CLOCK) in it, maybe not in that exact order, and add some sanding and maybe a woodburner if you're feeling saucy.

It's easier said than done, of course, but it's basically 7th grade woodshop material. You're likely to come out with something you won't mind displaying.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • The kits take... two minutes to assemble? Printing your own takes one trip to a photo printer. ;^)
  • I'm just REALLY lazy.

Now, this kit is adorable, but takes a lot of effort.

@muppet.

I just remember that my boyfriend did make me Yoshi cut out, that I haven't painted green yet. It could work, but that requires effort. It's a possibility. I could always make him make one for me. Hmm....

• Drill a hole in that metal yoshi. Paint it. Put a clock mechanism in the hole.
  • edited September 2012
    Yes. I'm going to ask Jeremy to see if he can do that for me.

We also have that spare metal Nyan Cat as well, but I prefer Yoshi. The thing is very heavy through. He'll have to weld on a good metal hook. I don't know if Jeremy can find shop time for that.

I could also add Yoshi eggs on it as the 12, 3, 6, & 9 indicators.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I saw those for sale at some gift store for some MIT-space-related-thing.
  • B for B-Mo.
  • B. Totes B.