This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Buy a fucking bike. Ride it how you want. I bought my last BMX aged 22, and used didn't pull do any tricks at all. My twin brother stole it from me later, and due to him learning tricks on the BMX when younger, did all kinds of stupid shit on it.

22 isn't old. 22 isn't too old to do anything. Buy a bike, buy a surf board, buy a skate board. Do what you want with any of them. Or not. Just don't let age or the "posing" of other people get in your way of having a fun life.
    In Japan, you can't pull magical weapons out of your chests after 17. That's the upper bound.
  • Welp I sat down with my old man and talked about my whininess and all that spaff. First off sorry for being all faffy and a pain in the arse, Walker you were right I was looking for reasons not to and being a D-bag. For that I am sorry. Secondly a BMX is not for me, with deep thought I'm to tall and gangly and at the moment uni needs to come first. That and I would look ridiculous I'm like 6'2 and these things are tinny, I'd look like something from a Carry On film. Thirdly I do need to stop shit talking and do something productive with regards to my exercise, so I've now signed on to cycle the coast of Normandy with my dad and some of our friends in the summer. So, sorry for wasting all your time, and cheers for the kick up the arse.

Edit; also the only skill I mastered in my teenage years was how to hunt dragons that are native to Albion, so as to power the giant mecha that is my birth right but when the F is that ever going to come up. My older brother has totally got that one and won't bail at all...
    Don't take my words harshly, you weren't being a d-bag. I just regret making excuses. I don't want that to happen to other people.

• Welp I sat down with my old man and talked about my whininess and all that spaff. First off sorry for being all faffy and a pain in the arse, Walker you were right I was looking for reasons not to and being a D-bag. For that I am sorry. Secondly a BMX is not for me, with deep thought I'm to tall and gangly and at the moment uni needs to come first. That and I would look ridiculous I'm like 6'2 and these things are tinny, I'd look like something from a Carry On film. Thirdly I do need to stop shit talking and do something productive with regards to my exercise, so I've now signed on to cycle the coast of Normandy with my dad and some of our friends in the summer. So, sorry for wasting all your time, and cheers for the kick up the arse.

Edit; also the only skill I mastered in my teenage years was how to hunt dragons that are native to Albion, so as to power the giant mecha that is my birth right but when the F is that ever going to come up. My older brother has totally got that one and won't bail at all...
    Don't take my words harshly, you weren't being a d-bag. I just regret making excuses. I don't want that to happen to other people.

Nah you were right. I was looking for reasons not to and fannying around. I sat down sussed it out and realiszed where I had gone wrong. I needed the kick up the arse.
  • Longboarding is a fun way to get around. I've retired skateboarding after I seriously fucked up my ankle.
  • Anybody have any experience with wet apply cellphone cases such as this one? I like that it seems to be well clear, but the process sounds a bit dodgy.
  • edited January 2013
    You use a spray bottle to apply a thin mist to the protector and then stick it to your phone and squeeze out any bubbles of air that might get stuck.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I was more wondering if they were any good.
  • Anybody have any experience with wet apply cellphone cases such as this one? I like that it seems to be well clear, but the process sounds a bit dodgy.
    I can't give any specifics about how well it went or product names because my dad told me in passing, but he got something similar to that and it worked out well after waiting a couple of days for any bubbles or streaks to go away. He also had it done by another person who applied it for him though.
  • Hi friends. Anyone care to shed some light on what this picture is demonstrating?

I think it's the number of trades per unit of time, highlighting the prevalence of high-frequency trading.

• Without context or headings, that graph means nothing.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, I'm trying to find more context or at least the headings. I just figured I'd toss it out here in case anyone had seen it before. It had already been rehosted when I found it, so I'm at a loss.

I don't even recognize most of the acronyms, I'll do some poking around later tonight to see if I can figure it out.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Yeah, I'm trying to find more context or at least the headings. I just figured I'd toss it out here in case anyone had seen it before. It had already been rehosted when I found it, so I'm at a loss.

I don't even recognize most of the acronyms, I'll do some poking around later tonight to see if I can figure it out.
    The acronyms are all the different stock exchanges.
  • It's a graph of my power levels.
  • I'm becoming really powerful
  • edited January 2013
    It's a graph of my power levels.

EDIT: Time stamps don't embed. Took me a few edits to learn this. I'mma leave it as is.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • edited January 2013
    That graph got posted on the forum a while back, but I don't remember what thread it was in. If I had to guess, I'd call it as trade volume per some unit time on the various American stock exchanges over the course of the day for each day from 2007 to 2012 or so.

But seriously guys: LABEL YOUR GRAPHS.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • You think you're the king of graphs or something?
  • Yes. All shall bow before my interpretative authority.
  • edited January 2013
    I like my graphs to be quantifiably ambiguous. The more ambiguous the better.

The only way that graph could be better is if the numbers weren't there.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Here I made this just for you.

• edited January 2013
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Here I made this just for you.

Now that's a solid graph.
  • When I saw it, I tilted my head to the right and then all I could see was cleavage in a low cut v neck sweater.
  • When I saw it, I tilted my head to the right and then all I could see was cleavage in a low cut v neck sweater.
  • Why is my mortgage lender asking me for 2012 tax returns? Don't they know that I will not even have all my documents until February at the earliest?
  • Why is my mortgage lender asking me for 2012 tax returns? Don't they know that I will not even have all my documents until February at the earliest?
    They probably mean 2011, but are stupid.
  • No, they truly mean 2012.
  • Just giving you advanced notice that they'll want it?
  • Closing date should be January and I never have all my tax documents until February.
  • Anyone know what is the hot new blogging site out there for making a good looking one? Is it still Word Press or is it something else?