This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Do you consider countries in South and Central American to be "western"?
  • Ruffas said:

Do you consider countries in South and Central American to be "western"?

I don't.
  • I have Steam codes for Guns of Icarus and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, plus codes for a Yogscast paintjob in Elite: Dangerous, a T-62 in Armored Warfare, code for some bundle in Wildstar and a Guild Wars code if anyone wants any of them.
  • I have Steam codes for Guns of Icarus and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, plus codes for a Yogscast paintjob in Elite: Dangerous, a T-62 in Armored Warfare, code for some bundle in Wildstar and a Guild Wars code if anyone wants any of them.

I'd quite like that ED paintcode, if you can spare it.
  • Churba said:

I have Steam codes for Guns of Icarus and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, plus codes for a Yogscast paintjob in Elite: Dangerous, a T-62 in Armored Warfare, code for some bundle in Wildstar and a Guild Wars code if anyone wants any of them.

I'll get it to you in the morning.
  • Churba said:

I have Steam codes for Guns of Icarus and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, plus codes for a Yogscast paintjob in Elite: Dangerous, a T-62 in Armored Warfare, code for some bundle in Wildstar and a Guild Wars code if anyone wants any of them.

I'll get it to you in the morning.
    Cheers mate.

• Quick question, if anyone here has the latest version of PowerPoint (Office 365) this one is for you. I heard that if you were to do a presentation on a projector you have the ability to read the notes and the slide on your view while the audience sees the entire slide, can anyone confirm this?
  • Yes. It's called presenter view and it's been a feature of powerpoint for ages.
  • My Google-fu is failing me. How much is shipping a CD to Canada from the US? How much is it for overseas shipping? What service should I use?
  • Greg said:

My Google-fu is failing me. How much is shipping a CD to Canada from the US? How much is it for overseas shipping? What service should I use?

Searching international shipping brings up a ton of rate calculators on shipping company websites. I don't know too much about which services are better than others for international shipping, but I would imagine all the big names are pretty reliable.

• I was clearly not able to use the calculators right, cause it was telling me it would cost $30+ when I'm just trying to send a CD.
  • edited December 2015
    Greg said:

I was clearly not able to use the calculators right, cause it was telling me it would cost $30+ when I'm just trying to send a CD.

Media Mail, son. Shit's cheap.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Media Mail is domestic only. It looks like the cheapest USPS gets is $7.10 to send a parcel anywhere international but I'd think Canada would have a lower rate than that.
  • Question if you were to say have two panels on the same Moba game would you

A. Take one and leave the other behind
    B. Reach out to both parties and ask them to combine their panels into one
    C. Accept both and schedule out on different days
    D. Something else (Insert idea here)
  • Coldguy said:

Question if you were to say have two panels on the same Moba game would you

A. Take one and leave the other behind
    B. Reach out to both parties and ask them to combine their panels into one
    C. Accept both and schedule out on different days
    D. Something else (Insert idea here)

They don't have a topic more specific than just talking about the game? If not, then option A. Pick the better one.
  • Never B. Never. That would be a disaster.

I'd probably take whichever one looked better unless I was desperate for content or they looked like vastly different panels.
  • Rym said:

Never B. Never. That would be a disaster.

I'd probably take whichever one looked better unless I was desperate for content or they looked like vastly different panels.

Here is the bigger problem both people running their panels are "famous" withing the community and I really don't want to give a game two slots on a schedule since they appear to be identical. Going to research them some more just to make sure.

Also not having full control the schedule is really annoying since I would this be done by now. Instead we are being held up by getting the word back from one person outside of the organization.

File under my "Paul Heyman" work mode and just doing the right thing for business and screw the politics.
  • If they're both famous then you're risking butthurt if you pick one over the other. I understand you might not want to schedule them both if they sound similar enough, but maybe you could contact either to clarify what specifically they're going to talk about? Maybe one wants to focus on new player outreach while the other wants to focus on helping existing players be better.
  • Update: turns out they are completely different panels once reading their stuff again, all is fine.
  • I'm rewatching Samurai Champloo, and I've noticed that some of the samurai have large bumps on their foreheads. Does anyone know what this is? All googling has been able to find me is that some japanese people are injecting saline into their foreheads nowadays...
  • Might be dermal implants. I started watching again too coincidentally so I'll have to try and spot it. I'm only like 5 episodes in so far and it's been a long while since I last saw it.
  • Ilmarinen said:

I'm rewatching Samurai Champloo, and I've noticed that some of the samurai have large bumps on their foreheads. Does anyone know what this is? All googling has been able to find me is that some japanese people are injecting saline into their foreheads nowadays...

I have no idea what you are talking about. Why not post a helpful screenshot?
  • edited December 2015

imageThat yagyu group that jin kills in the first episode has one, you can kinda see in this shot (I'm too lazy to go and make an actual screencap so...).
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • Do any of you guys use game optimizers? Which one is the best/most reliable?
  • Greg said:

Do any of you guys use game optimizers? Which one is the best/most reliable?

What's a game optimizer?
  • Rym said:

Greg said:

What's a game optimizer?
    A piece of software that closes out everything except for the game and whatever is absolutely necessary for it to run.
  • Nope. I haven't had trouble running a game on my PC for years.
  • Greg said:

Rym said:

Greg said:

What's a game optimizer?
    A piece of software that closes out everything except for the game and whatever is absolutely necessary for it to run.
    That is some malware nonsense right there.

• Isn't that called the task manager?
  • My computer is soooo awesome I never need to close other programs :-p and if for some reason I do.. I just close some programs.