This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• They did a show on this. Dynamic Translation yo.
    With that Otaking fellow what made that 3rd Doctor anime.
  • So, I made a Dr Who prop Replica, and now a bunch of people want to buy it. Anyone know shit about online storefronts, preferably free ones?
  • So, I made a Dr Who prop Replica, and now a bunch of people want to buy it. Anyone know shit about online storefronts, preferably free ones?
    Pics?
  • edited September 2011
    Pics?

Anyone know anything?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Etsy?
    Yeah, that's what I've gone to, for lack of suggestions - someone on reddit suggested it. If anyone on the forums wants one, it's about five bucks a pop, plus shipping, which is cheap, since it's just a padded envelope.
  • How big is it?
  • How big is it?
    62 MM X 23 MM, and about 1.5 MM thick for the stock itself, and it's a thermal sublimation print onto high-quality plastic, and I've got a clasp pin on the back. $5.50 AUD per Badge plus $3.50 AUD shipping for one to six, $6.50 shipping for 12, if you want more than that, we might be able to work something out.
  • So, apparently there's a Wegman's opening up 45 minutes from myself and Yuyuke. Worth the trip?
  • So, apparently there's a Wegman's opening up 45 minutes from myself and Yuyuke. Worth the trip?
    I've been to a Wegman's in Virginia. It's a great supermarket, but I'm not sure it's worth a 45 minute trip just to buy groceries there. Definitely worth it to pick stuff up if you happen to be in the area. In my case, I'm lucky that it's about 10-15 minutes from my office.
  • I know me and jtvh won't be going there often. Maybe if we're going out to Burlington anyway, but it seems unlikely, especially since my dad does the grocery shopping.
  • How big is it?
    62 MM X 23 MM, and about 1.5 MM thick for the stock itself, and it's a thermal sublimation print onto high-quality plastic, and I've got a clasp pin on the back. $5.50 AUD per Badge plus $3.50 AUD shipping for one to six, $6.50 shipping for 12, if you want more than that, we might be able to work something out.
    I could see myself wearing these for a LONG time.
  • I know me and jtvh won't be going there often. Maybe if we're going out to Burlington anyway, but it seems unlikely, especially since my dad does the grocery shopping.
    They're opening one near Burlington? I only knew about the one in Northboro, which is no where near Burlington.
  • edited September 2011
    I could see myself wearing these for a LONG time.
    I'll tell you when the etsy store goes up - I was planning on having it up right now, but my bank is giving me the big fuck-around. I'm very calmly freaking the fuck out right now, but true to form, I already have three plans in place for fixing the problems, now I just have to wait for the bank to open. It will be up by the end of the day.

It'll also last a good long time - from personal experience, these things are fuckin' invincible. The only point of failure is the pin on the back, and I've rarely seen one of those fail.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2011
    Alright guys, I have a request: I need you guys to go through Shit Otaku Say and pick the worst ones you can find. Take note that I'm going to be doing readings of them for a panel that Nate and I will be test running at a small convention soon, designed solely to infuriate the kind of people whose posts wind up on Shit Otaku Say.

I suppose this isn't exactly a question, but I don't recall there being a thread for requests and this seems like the right place.

EDIT: Of course, it isn't until AFTER I post this that the "Help of your Day" thread I forgot exists gets bumped back to the front page. Ah, well, I guess I'll leave this here regardless.
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • edited October 2011
    BOOM!
    Will work on it more after I put my laundry in.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • I did say I'd tell you when the store is up, So here it is. Have at it, Whovians.
  • Anyone here live in Sydney or Melbourne? I'll be visiting next month and want some cool tips/tours.
  • Anyone here live in Sydney or Melbourne? I'll be visiting next month and want some cool tips/tours.
    I know some people, I'll ask and get back to you.
  • Go visit Woolloomooloo in Sydney. It sounds cool.
  • Go visit Woolloomooloo in Sydney. It sounds cool.
    Woolloomooloo is a shithole. A funny named, shithole, but a shithole none-the-less.
  • Russel Crowe lives there though right? You deep south banana bender piss drinker. (today I learned slang for people from Queensland! I hope it isn't too offensive..)
  • edited October 2011
    Russel Crowe lives there though right? You deep south banana bender piss drinker. (today I learned slang for people from Queensland! I hope it isn't too offensive..)
    Nah, he mostly lives out the Nana Glen property, but uses the Sydney place when he's on business - since Nana Glen is 600 Klicks or so north of Sydney, a bit of a drive.

And Crowe lives in a 14 million dollar penthouse. I'd say that area is a very nice part of Finger wharf, which is a small part of wolloo, but outside of the finger or Crowe's apartment, not so much.

Also, You got it a bit wrong - It's deep north, not deep south. If it was the deep south, I'd be a filthy arrogant inbred mexican cunt.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Where can I get laterhosen? I'm looking to make a Halloween costume. That I could reuse at beerfests.
  • edited October 2011
    I do not know what laterhosen is. Sie mittle lederhosen?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I do not know what laterhosen is. Sie mittle lederhosen?
  • Lederhosen, nicht Leiderhosen (mistake/unfortunate pants), nicht liederhosen (song pants). Lederhosen.
  • I did say I'd tell you when the store is up, So here it is. Have at it, Whovians.
    An item on ETSY that's not 600 dollars? End of the fucking world man.
    An item on ETSY that's not 600 dollars? End of the fucking world man.
    And it doesn't look like shit, either!

Between Churba, Nuri, and the guy that makes terrariums out of lightbulbs, we have three of the four goddamn Horsemen.