This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2011 Sendai earthquake and tsunami

12346»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    If I were that kind of artist, I'd be all over that.
    You can always show support by emptying your wallet for this.
    Oh man I want that so bad. But even at its current price it's out of my price range for anything.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Wow, those images are amazing. My favorites:

turns out this was legit. taken on the 17th
  • TechnologyReview has an interesting piece about measuring Fukushima's fallout in Seattle.
  • And here we go again - Another quake in Japan, 7.5, off the coast of Miyagi prefecture. Tsunami warning issued, Tsunami of about 1 meter expected.
  • And here we go again - Another quake in Japan, 7.5, off the coast of Miyagi prefecture. Tsunami warning issued, Tsunami of about 1 meter expected.
    Curse those mole men.
    The Market reacted before any news of this reached humans outside of Japan. It was kind of amazing.
  • The Market reacted before any news of this reached humans outside of Japan. It was kind of amazing.
    After all the tales you've told about your job and wall street in general, I'm really not that surprised.
  • Augh, this sucks. There have been earthquakes all the time! I tell you, Japan has been very active this year what with the volcanoes and the exploding and the tsunamis and such. Even before Fukushima, there were people evacuated down south because of eruptions.
  • edited April 2011
    Man, Japan just ain't catching any breaks, are they...

Oh shit, unintentional insensitive pun.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    The Market reacted before any news of this reached humans outside of Japan. It was kind of amazing.
    Hook up a seismograph to a computer that can trade stock very quickly.
  • Oh, no!
  • Augh, this sucks. There have been earthquakes all the time! I tell you, Japan has been very active this year what with the volcanoes and the exploding and the tsunamis and such. Even before Fukushima, there were people evacuated down south because of eruptions.
    Well, we are approaching 2012...