This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Muppets~!

edited April 2011 in Everything Else
I can't believe there's no Muppet topic.

Anyway, there a new movie this year and I spent part of the weekend watching some of the movies. Muppet Treasure Island is still one of my faves, but it doesn't beat Muppets Take Manhattan or The Muppet Movie. The Great Muppet Caper did not age well for me. It was too annoying.

I just kinda had a Muppet resurgence this weekend and watched the Jim Henson tribute too. I have to say, no matter how hard my heart gets or how much I hate humanity, there's Muppets. It's not that dark of a world.

Comments

• According to Jason, I have a "disturbing Muppet fetish."
    You said you wanted to pork Miss PIggy.
    Yiff in hell, Ryan. Yiff in hell.
    Wait, what?
    "If Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy had a baby, what would you do with that baby?"
  • I think the best music number on the Muppet show was this:

• "If Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy had a baby, what would you do with that baby?"
    Kill it with fire. They're felt, it would be the most efficient way to do it.
  • "If Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy had a baby, what would you do with that baby?"
    You did, in fact, present the most logical argument.
  • edited April 2011
    "If Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy had a baby, what would you do with that baby?"
    You did, in fact, present the most logical argument.
    I love how everyone had essentially the same response, I just had something to back it up.

As for my feelings towards the Muppets, I fully understand that they are puppets and I know exactly how they are operated, but they still feel like living breathing creatures to me.

Also Jason, I think you misunderstood whatever I said. I actually hate Ms. Piggy. She's funny but really grates on my nerves after a while.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The original Muppet Show was excellent, the 90's Muppet Show was mediocre, and I absolutely love Muppets From Space. Muppets Take Manhattan and The Muppet Movie are excellent.
  • The Great Muppet Caper is also a great movie -- possibly my favorite of the bunch, though it also happened to be the first Muppet movie I ever saw.
  • Ralph and Kermit's duet from The Muppet Movie is in surprisingly heavy rotation on my iPod. I ripped it from the soundtrack I own -- on vinyl.
  • Two of my favorites:

• Are we talking the Muppet Show specifically? What about other Jim Henson creations? The Storyteller springs immediately to mind. Good shit that was.
  • "The Rainbow Connection" sends a shiver down my spine every time.
  • "The Rainbow Connection" sends a shiver down my spine every time.
    Oh my Arceus, that song is amazing.

As a side note, the Muppet Show theme is my current ringtone.
  • As a side note, the Muppet Show theme is my current ringtone.
    It was mine until it went off while I was at the scene of a fatal fire.
  • Oh my Arceus
  • One of my favorite Muppet clips is the EPIC drum battle between Buddy Rich and Animal. Epic indeed!

Hello everyone! Kermit D. Frog here!
  • Love me some Buddy Rich.
  • edited April 2011
    Are we talking the Muppet Show specifically? What about other Jim Henson creations? The Storyteller springs immediately to mind. Good shit that was.
    All creations.

It's the greatness.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited April 2011
    Mark Hamil, Anthony Daniels, etc. Were all on the Muppet show,

In other news, there was a clip from Elmopalooza that I can't find on Youtube, but I've been quoting it for about a decade. Jon Stewart is trapped in his dressing room and they need Slimy to sneeze to knock the door down, so Bert offers some pepper he is carrying and says "What, like you don't carry your own seasonings?" That just resonated with me.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • Fun Crossover Equation

• Walter, because the last time they added new Muppets it went so well.
  • I saw the movie this morning. I cried at certain parts. The prologue is the best homage and the scene with the song.

I felt like I was four year old again when watching this movie.

Welcome back, Kermit.