This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Muppets~!

Comments

• No love for Muppets Take Manhattan? That IS one of the best. And I guess canon to The Muppets now.
  • Question. I have only seen some episodes of the Muppet Show in my childhood and few sketches on later age, thanks to the Internet. I haven't seen any of the movies tough. So should I watch some of the old Muppet movies before seeing this new one to get more out of it? And if I should see some of the older Muppets what are good/best ones?
    There are a few in-jokes to the first three Muppet movies (The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan). You don't need to have seen them to understand the movie, but it wouldn't hurt to see them. To be quite honest, it's more important to have watched the Muppet Show to see the new movie than it is to have seen any of the other movies.

• No love for Muppets Take Manhattan? That IS one of the best. And I guess canon to The Muppets now.
    Tried to watch it. Couldn't finish it.
  • Souless!
  • The kinda glossed over this in the movie...
  • D:

I am...suddenly...O_O!
  • I kept thinking about that throughout the whole movie.
  • edited December 2011
    I asked that many times during the movie. Sell your mansion asshole. Gonzo also could have sold his toilet company.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I asked that many times during the movie. Sell your mansion asshole. Gonzo also could have sold his toilet company.
    I never understood why he blew it up. I mean, when he did it, I was all "YEAH!" but a few seconds after I was all "Wait, why did he...".

Hell, if he was THAT big in the toilet world, he probably could have gotten the 10 million on his own or had his company buy the contract as an investment.
  • Question. I have only seen some episodes of the Muppet Show in my childhood and few sketches on later age, thanks to the Internet. I haven't seen any of the movies tough. So should I watch some of the old Muppet movies before seeing this new one to get more out of it? And if I should see some of the older Muppets what are good/best ones?
    Watch The Muppet Movie, and Muppet Christmas Carol in December. Muppet Treasure Island is an acceptable guilty pleasure because Tim Curry is present. DISREGARD ALL OTHER MUPPET MOVIES!
    LIES. Muppets From Space is hilarious and has a great sound track.

• Also, I would love it if they had the full Muppet Telethon as a special feature, but it seems like it would be too much work for a special feature.
    I would rather they have the full Muppet Telethon as a Telethon aired for reals on ABC.
    I really just want Disney to take the financial success of the movie as a signal that the populace is ready for a new Muppet Show.

I would settle for them simply refurbing Muppets 3D at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Or, thinking far more grandly all of a sudden, putting a Muppets Land on their agenda somewhere. Just get rid of that damn Backlot Tour that nobody cares about.

• Also, I would love it if they had the full Muppet Telethon as a special feature, but it seems like it would be too much work for a special feature.
    I would rather they have the full Muppet Telethon as a Telethon aired for reals on ABC.
    I really just want Disney to take the financial success of the movie as a signal that the populace is ready for a new Muppet Show.

I would settle for them simply refurbing Muppets 3D at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Or, thinking far more grandly all of a sudden, putting a Muppets Land on their agenda somewhere. Just get rid of that damn Backlot Tour that nobody cares about.

No Muppets 3D refurb! I don't trust them to do it justice.

• No Muppets 3D refurb! I don't trust them to do it justice.
    Oh, I didn't mean an update. I mean fix the bubble machines, give it a fresh coat of paint. Last week I heard the audio went out mid-movie and they had to shut down for a few hours.
  • Last time I was there (a few years ago - 2009 or 2008, maybe?), Muppet*Vision 3D was seriously aging. I've read reports that they have since refurbished it and are planning on making a few more fixes, though. The attraction is 20 years old. I don't want them to reshoot it either, but it would be silly to say that they shouldn't update the theater.
  • They need to fix a number of the special effects in the theatre, but the attraction doesn't pull in the numbers that it used to, so the attraction is not as high of a priority. Hopefully this will change with the success of the Muppets.
  • I asked that many times during the movie. Sell your mansion asshole. Gonzo also could have sold his toilet company.
    Of course it's ridiculous. It's a Muppet movie. You don't think that all of that didn't occur to the writers and they intentionally glossed it over?

• edited December 2011
    Re: The Fox News Clip.
    OMG, when the smart lady came on they were so rude to her! That's how FOX news always treats people they don't agree with? They just interrupt them if they break the narrative?
    Also, that whole controversy is disgusting. Kids movies do not just hate on the rich. If there was a nice old eccentric man who was using his wealth to do good and magical things, he would be the hero. It is greedy characters that choose money over kindness that are usually portrayed as evil. Is that so wrong to teach kids not to be avaricious assholes?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • So I just got back from seeing the movie for the 5th time (At this point, I'm planning on beating the record set by Tangled as the movie I have seen most in theatres. Just one more to go for the tie!), but this time I saw it with my mom. She thought it was okay. Just okay. She didn't like the "fakeness" of Gary and Mary and she said that the movie was not what she was expecting. To be quite honest, I think the only Muppet movies she has seen are Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, as the idea of cameos in a Muppet movie were foreign to her and she didn't recognize "Rainbow Comnection".
  • Re: The Fox News Clip.
    OMG, when the smart lady came on they were so rude to her! That's how FOX news always treats people they don't agree with? They just interrupt them if they break the narrative?
    That lady is a professor at my friend's school, and he says she goes on FOX News a lot to debate stuff like this. I can only imagine why. Maybe they pay her?
  • edited December 2011
    I asked that many times during the movie. Sell your mansion asshole. Gonzo also could have sold his toilet company.
    Of course it's ridiculous. It's a Muppet movie. You don't think that all of that didn't occur to the writers and they intentionally glossed it over?

This. Guys, it's Gonzo. He's not known for thinking these things through.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • If any of the muppets could have come up with the money through regular market actions, it would have been a really short movie.
  • If any of the muppets could have come up with the money through regular market actions, it would have been a really short movie.
    That would've been the greatest troll ever, though.
    And I'm sure they didn't mention the easier ways to get the money because they didn't want to make another "this'll be a short movie" joke.

I know assuming that is kind of a stretch, but I am willing to believe that that thought came up somewhere in the writing process.
    That would've been the greatest troll ever, though.
    No, they could have done it like The Simpsons where there's a false plot at the beginning and then it switches to the real plot.
  • This. Guys, it's Gonzo. He's not known for thinking these things through
    Obviously he thought out the self-destruct button, though.
    That would've been the greatest movie ever, though.
  • edited December 2011
    she didn't recognize "Rainbow Comnection".
    Disowning her and getting a new mother is the only reasonable reaction to this.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm just curious. Did anyone catch the medium gauge wire joke when they were getting the tour of the studio? That's the wire they use to operate the arms for Muppets like Kermit and Gonzo as opposed to the Muppets like the Swedish Chef, Rowlf, and Dr. Teeth that use the actual arms and hands to operate the hands.
  • :O

So obvious! Aw! I can't believe I didn't catch that!
  • Another new Muppets movie has been put into pre-production!