This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Jesus is coming (everyone look busy)

Comments

• OH SHIT, A MOSTLY HARMLESS ERUPTION THAT NO ONE IN ICELAND IS REALLY SCARED ABOUT!
  • Japan had an earthquake this morning. It was a little one. I saw footage of buildings shaking in Yokohama, I think? I was watching the TV in the Mitsuwa Mart. Then they went to talk about the mayoral elections in Mito. Life as usual on the islands.
  • edited May 2011
    My review of heaven after the first half an hour: It's pretty alright!

EDIT: Ohh, did you guys not make it up here? Well... this is, er, awkward >_>
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • You know, I still have my dick. And I don't feel like I'm being tortured. So maybe I'm living in an Earth timeline where we don't observe rapture.
  • 7:17 AM on the 22nd here in Austria. Rapture still hasn't happened.
  • You know, I still have my dick. And I don't feel like I'm being tortured.
    Now here's a man with his priorities in order.

Also, from our favorite news source, Taiwanese News CGI recreations, What one can expect during the rapture. Including the presenters calling themselves heathens.
  • Ok, that's fake, right?

Either way, I don't know what's better. Harold Camping high fiving Jesus, the guy with the oversized cartoon hammer, or Jesus busting down the wall looking to fuck up some shit.
  • On a slightly related matter, what ever did become of those Wisconsin nutcases?
  • edited May 2011
    Ok, that's fake, right?
    Define Fake? It's from NMA TV, Who are a subsidiary of Next Media Limited, spun off after they made some joke animations while they were making CGI for Next Media's rather more proper news services. It's more like John Stewart kinda fake than the Onion kinda fake - They make humorous CGI to go along with real news.
    On a slightly related matter, what ever did become of those Wisconsin nutcases?
    Camping and his mob? They've vanished. Family Radio has been broadcasting recordings, and nobody has heard from or seen most of them since the 21st. The only guy they seem to have contacted is someone who worked for Camping at Family Radio, but hadn't bought into the church all the way - and he didn't know where they are, or at least, wasn't telling. Apparently, though, the Family Radio offices have been vandalized.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Jesus busting down the wall looking to fuck up some shit.
    Am I the only one who thought, "OH YEAH!"
  • Well, the Alex Dunn from your universe was raptured yesterday. However, it had a strange side effect of causing me, the Alex Dunn from a parallel universe, to take his place. I'm also evil.

Any questions?
  • Yeah. The other Alex owed me like 50 bucks. Does that mean you now owe me 50 bucks?
  • Yeah. The other Alex owed me like 50 bucks. Does that mean you now owe me 50 bucks?
    I'm evil, so you owe me $100, actually.
  • I'm also evil.
    Welcome to the club, don't forget your monthly subscription fee of 1 soul. I'll give you the remainder of this month for free. Have to invest in folk like you you know. Good luck.
  • You are definitely evil, given your backwards quotation hack. I salute you.

I think you'll find the next few months payment at your door in a matter of a few weeks.
  • Well, the Alex Dunn from your universe was raptured yesterday. However, it had a strange side effect of causing me, the Alex Dunn from a parallel universe, to take his place. I'm also evil.
    Any questions?
    If you shave your goatee no one will be able to tell.
  • You are definitely evil, given your backwards quotation hack. I salute you.

I think you'll find the next few months payment at your door in a matter of a few weeks.
    Make sure you get there on time, the late fees are a bitch.
  • I think you'll find the next few months payment at your door in a matter of a few weeks.
    Early payments will be considered donations. The payment window for your monthly subscription will be every 13th of the month, between 1:31 and 2:32. We will automatically take one soul from you when the time comes.
  • Well, that's awkward...
  • Yep. May 21st has already been over for at least 8 hours in every part of the world.
  • Only now do I realise we could have turned May 21st into a day about the threat of nuclear war.
  • edited May 2011
    Or it did happen and none of us was found worthy of the Rapture...... We now have 5 months.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • If this is the "Hell on earth", I'm ok with this.
  • Kinda pissed the world didn't end... I have to go to the dentist tomorrow.
  • I, for one, am glad the world didn't end.

I need something to take over and hell doesn't exactly sound like beach front property, if you know what I mean.
  • edited May 2011
    Never mind that the modern calendar hadn't been invented when most of the various books of the bible were made up....
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I, for one, am glad the world didn't end.

I need something to take over and hell doesn't exactly sound like beach front property, if you know what I mean.
    With billions of souls it's trivial to renovate man.
  • Spent yesterday evening eating Peking duck at the best restaurant for it in the city of Chicago. Went to Whole Foods and REI, and got smoked halibut, a 4-berry double crust pie, a sandwich with a quarter-pound of prosciutto de parma, and an ultralight technical daypack all on ridiculously good sales. Whole Foods was FILLED with free samples; I was walking around eating pie samples, guacamole, artichoke dip, and smoked fish like no one's business.

If this is Hell, I'm glad I'm still here.
  • This hell on earth still has ponies. Oh glory be to satan! His punishments are pleasure.