This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google+

Comments

• I'd like to have a look too.
    Invite sent
  • Thank you all.
  • This is something I often disagree with Luke Crane about. He has some old games, like http://www.burningwheel.org/forum/showthread.php?6945-Under-A-Serpent-Sun. He doesn't want to share them because they are old and they suck. I don't understand how it could cause any harm to put it out there anyway. There are a few hardcore fans who would gain joy from it, and it would cause him no harm. If I could get a copy, I would share it, but he's very good at protecting his stuff.

Compare that to Mike Krahulik of Penny Arcade. Take this tweet from yesterday as an example. He is happy just to brighten someone's day and give them a few laughs, by any means. He'll post drawings he made of Wolverine in high school. He doesn't give a shit.

If you have created something that can bring joy, and you refuse to allow it to do its work, I have no qualms about being the bringer of joy. If you want to be an elf who makes toys and locks them in a vault, I'll be glad to be the santa claus who steals them from you and drops them down a chimney.
    I'm calling you out on this Scott. Release the Geeknights beta episodes. Put your money where your mouth is.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm calling you out on this Scott. Release the Geeknights beta episodes. Put your money where your mouth is.
    They are released. They're just not trivially linked to. We're not trying to lock them up. It's just fun hide and seek.

Also, that's all Rym.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'll be glad to be the santa claus who steals them from you and drops them down a chimney.
  • edited August 2011
    Can someone whisper me an invite (lintondavies@gmail.com)? Thanks!

Update: got one
    Post edited by Linton on
  • My invite just got through. Here's me.
  • It's just fun hide and seek.
    Nope.jpg.
  • And games are here! Now to see if anything is different.
  • Nothing is different, because all the games shit is kept separate. Perfect.
  • edited August 2011
    Yay Angry Birds.

EDIT: Sorry VHDblood, I'm beating all your scores.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • EDIT: Sorry VHDblood, I'm beating all your scores.
    No need to apologize ^_~
  • Wow. Google+'s doing such a good job keeping games shit out of your main feed that I didn't even realize they launched the games.
  • And I just spent an hour playing what amounts to Farmville. Let the mockery begin.
  • There was a time when I could excuse Farmvillery. That was a time before Minecraft.
  • And I just spent an hour playing what amounts to Farmville. Let the mockery begin.
    I will excuse these shenanigans due to you being under the heavy influence of narcotics.
    I will excuse these shenanigans due to you being under the heavy influence of narcotics.
    I invited you.
  • I'm getting fiercely competitive with Lack of Cheese in Angry Birds and I don't know why.
  • I'm getting fiercely competitive with Lack of Cheese in Angry Birds and I don't know why.
    ^_~
    So, is Angry Birds the only game on Google+ that's any good?
    ^_~
    Flood-it!
    ^_~
    Flood-it!
    Fuck yeah.
  • edited August 2011
    So is there anything to the Chrome symbols in Angry Birds? I hit one and it gave me 500 points, so not very useful.

DERP: Theres Chrome themed levels. Durrr.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I am slowly demolishing all of your top scores.
  • I am slowly demolishing all of your top scores.
    Oh yeah? Look again.
    Your score in 1-1 is pretty crazy though...
  • I am playing City of Wonders and wishing there were more to it. Does anyone know a better browser-based civ-type game? (Remember a few years ago when we all played that one where we had islands....)
  • I am playing City of Wonders and wishing there were more to it. Does anyone know a better browser-based civ-type game? (Remember a few years ago when we all played that one where we had islands....)
    CivWorld? (Haven't really played it so I don't know)
  • I'm trying to put articles in my stream Like Rochelle and Jared did today. When I press a +1 button on the page, It doesn't give me the option to add a comment and it doesn't look the same on my +1 page. Am I doing it wrong?
  • I'm trying to put articles in my stream Like Rochelle and Jared did today. When I press a +1 button on the page, It doesn't give me the option to add a comment and it doesn't look the same on my +1 page. Am I doing it wrong?
    Paste the URL into the "Share" box and watch the JavaScript take over. You can then remove the URL. Same as Facebook.
  • New things!
    Open to everyone, mobile hangouts, and some other stuff too.
  • Still apps gets the stick.