This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2012 Presidential Election

Comments

• This is a good political ad.

I do feel sorry for people who live in a battleground states. I'm waiting for a news story about someone throwing their tv out a window.
  • When can we replace all war and politics with G Gundam?
    That wouldn't actually change anything, still rich interests fighting each other; although it would be more entertaining.
  • Shocker.
    Would the United States have an advantage with that? I mean, with our military spending
  • As a nation, we lack guts. In robot fighting, guts is the difference between 75% and 100%.

Japan is really beating us in the guts market.
  • Huh... Mechwarrior mechs vs Gundams.
    I really want to say that MW mechs would win but I dunno...
  • Huh... Mechwarrior mechs vs Gundams.
    I really want to say that MW mechs would win but I dunno...
    I think it would depend on which Gundams were involved as I could give them the advantage depending, but as far as overall I have to agree.
  • I'd say MW mechs over non-Gundams from that universe (Zakus, etc.) hands down. Most Gundams, especially main character Gundams (especially especially after they'd upgraded), would probably roll them.
  • I agree with Ruffas on this, though aren't nukes used more in Mechwarrior? Nukes are rarely, if ever, used in Gundam (for obvious reason).
  • edited July 2012
    I don't think I've seen nukes in a MW PC games. The weapons I can remember are Lasers, PPCs, missiles, machine guns, flamers, Gauss rifles, auto canons, aaaaand... Nope, I think that's it. Unless nukes were in the board game or the books?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Hmm. I could have sworn there were tac-nukes in the PC games.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah... I think some of the mechs actually fire small nukes. The naga maybe?

Edit: I'm finding some obvious ship to ship nuclear weapons. Not yet finding any on the mechs.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Back to the ad (see above), I think it will be one of those political ads that is remembered for years to come. It's simply devastating and well done.
  • edited July 2012
    In robot fighting, guts is the difference between 75% and 100%.
    Then for fuck's sake, keep giant robots out of Russia's hands.

Post edited by Walker on
  • edited July 2012
    Which candidate do you think can sing better?

Also, do you think Romney has a chance if he picks Rubio for his running mate?
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Obama's a much better singer, though we haven't heard him preform an entire song yet. The election should be more like American Idol, I think.
  • Obama's a much better singer, though we haven't heard him preform an entire song yet. The election should be more like American Idol, I think.
    It already is way too much like American Idol. Way, way more than it should be.
    It already is way too much like American Idol. Way, way more than it should be.
    In all of the wrong ways, too. More singing in politics!

• To be fair, that sounds an awful lot like, "If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about."
  • National political public figures don't deserve much privacy in my opinion.
  • National political public figures don't deserve much privacy in my opinion.
    What's funny is that his father released 12 years because "one year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show."
  • Dancing horses, that's some gangster shit if I ever saw it.
  • I like the last reason best. His campaign is really not in the game. It's not Obama v Romney, it's Obama v Not-Obama.
  • edited July 2012
    Also call me prejudiced if you'd like but I refuse to allow anyone associated with the Mormon religion into presidency. I've had plenty of Mormon friends and I'm not saying "all Mormons are evil" but if there is one thing I've learned it is that anyone with power in the Mormon religion is batshit crazy.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Mormonism isn't much different from other religions in that regard.
  • Yeah, I just think they are WAY more controlling. I suppose this could be debated. However, I haven't lived in the Bible Belt or anything to that extent.
  • Also call me prejudiced if you'd like but I refuse to allow anyone associated with the Mormon religion into presidency. I've had plenty of Mormon friends and I'm not saying "all Mormons are evil" but if there is one thing I've learned it is that anyone with power in the Mormon religion is batshit crazy.
    Well, it's your prerogative to do so, but it's also kinda against the whole "no religious test shall be required to hold office" bit in the Constitution. Yeah, I know, the Constitution doesn't apply to private individual actions, but still...
  • It's sort of implicitly practiced by the American people though.