This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

13»

Comments

• Sadly it's another one of those games that's ridiculously overpriced on Steam in Australia (69.99 USD). However, it's reasonably priced at ~$40 if I import it using ozgameshop.com, so if I hear enough to peak my interest I'll probably buy it.
  • Sadly it's another one of those games that's ridiculously overpriced on Steam in Australia (69.99 USD). However, it's reasonably priced at ~$40 if I import it using ozgameshop.com, so if I hear enough to peak my interest I'll probably buy it.
    That's not too bad, considering that Brink and MW3 came out or are coming out in the 90 dollar range. MW3 is 99.99 on preorder, now that's some bullshit.
  • I wasn't being evil!
    WHAT THE FUCK, I WASN'T NAMING NAMES YOU DUMB SHIT.
    God damn it, it is Friday and the games has yet to unlock. #firstworldproblems
    WHAT THE FUCK, SQUARE ENIX YOU DUMB SHIT.
    MW3 is 99.99 on preorder, now that's some bullshit.
    Same here, but it has dropped now to €60.
  • I'm a few hours in and doing my thang in Detroit. I would say that this is a good game but a bad shooter.
  • but a bad shooter.
    I take it you still didn't get the joke even after Linkigi explained it?
  • edited August 2011
    I ran into a gamebreaking glitch on the Cloak and Dagger mission that makes it impossible to progress. Thanks, Eidos. Guess I'll just stop playing until you patch your shitty collision detection and spawning code!
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm playing a strict stealth-and-nokill playthrough my first time but it seems to me like this game would be a cakewalk if you just shot everyone. Is that the case or no? Although I'm guessing most people are doing the same playstyle I am so maybe the history of Deus Ex just shames all of us into being pacifists because it's harder.
  • edited August 2011
    No. Being a pacifist or a stealth killer is arguably easier, because Deus Ex (even with HR's helath regen) is brutally unforgiving. Even three enemies can overwhelm you completely if you aren't thinking tactically, have 60+ rounds of combat rifle ammo, a custom modded rifle, and a few grenades. And that's on Normal. "Give me Deus Ex" is like asking a video game to kick you in the nuts until you black out.
  • I guess I should have also mentioned I'm going for no-detection, also. It's pretty difficult and results in a lot of quick saving and quick loading.
  • Yeah, I've been racking up the smooth operator and ghost bonuses myself; they're easy XP.

Also, I would like to formally congratulate Eidos Montreal on successfully personifying, and making an enemy out of, grenade spam.
  • I hope there's a New Game+ where I can just start off with all the Augs.
  • I hope there's a New Game+ where I can just start off with all the Augs.
    nope :(

Not right now anyways.
  • edited August 2011
    Needs hax. I wonder if there's a config file where I can turn the amount of XP to get a Praxis Kit down from 5000 to around 500.
  • config file
    HA. This game doesn't even let you see the save files.
  • config file
    HA. This game doesn't even let you see the save files.
    Jesus Christ.
  • I got really sucked into this game today after getting past the first act. I find this game much better than the first one (which I couldn't get into). If you didn't like the original, don't pass judgement too quickly on this game.
  • Needs hax. I wonder if there's a config file where I can turn the amount of XP to get a Praxis Kit down from 5000 to around 500.
    Use cheat engine to increase the amount of dosh you have, or the amount of praxis points you have.
  • edited August 2011
    No cheat engine exists.

EDIT: Nevermind, Google revealed what you were talking about. However, I still need Eidos to patch the Cloak and Dagger mission before I can do fuck-all.
  • I just beat this game. It was fun. It felt very Metallic Gear Solid. But.

The writing was so, SO bad.

"Hello, person that has worked for me for years. I don't know if you knew this, but our new augmentation technology is going to revolutionize the way we think about the human body!"

"Are you talking to me? Are there hidden cameras around somewhere? Am I in a commercial for our company right now?"

I didn't enjoy the voice acting at all, although I feel like the ceiling was pretty low, based on the script. The game could have been so awesome too, considering the subject matter. I think basically I want to play GitS:SAC 3rd gig: It's straight-up dawg time.
  • I remember the GitS game. It was butts.
  • The best part of that video happens at 5:45
  • I vote the next Jensen be voiced by Keanu Reeves.