This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110831 - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

124»

Comments

• It might seem unbalanced towards the witch side, but you forget one thing. The hope from the magical girl's wish is basically a freebie. They start with a clean soul gem Despite dispensing hope with the wish. That balances the extra grief from reproducing witches.
    I imagine every planet is eventually destroyed by the process as well.
    Or by the alien space ships I imagine Kyubey's race uses in space battles.
  • I'm ignoring previous comments just in case of spoilage, but I'm on episode 5 now. I just can't shake the feeling that Kyubey has a sinister motivation of some sort, which is perfect because he can hide it behind his one expression exterior.

Just a random thought. I'm awaiting more fucked up things to happen.
  • Just finished the show. Wow. Good stuff. I'll have to check out the final thoughts episode tomorrow.
  • So Aniplex just sent out a press release. They are going to release Madoka in the US in three Blu-Ray/DVD/CD box sets. Four Episodes Each. $75 each.

No more need be said.
  • So Aniplex just sent out a press release. They are going to release Madoka in the US in three Blu-Ray/DVD/CD box sets. Four Episodes Each. $75 each.

No more need be said.
    Jesus.

No more need be said.
    Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.
  • edited October 2011
    So Aniplex just sent out a press release. They are going to release Madoka in the US in three Blu-Ray/DVD/CD box sets. Four Episodes Each. $75 each.
    That's for the ultra special rare cocoa bean edition. The normal bare bones editions are priced at $30 for DVD and $40 for Boo-Ray per volume.

That's still ridiculous.
    Post edited by Rochelle on

No more need be said.
    *sigh*
  • Cheapest Blu-Ray burner I can find is £66 so it's only ~£20 more than the special edition.
  • That's for the ultra special rare cocoa bean edition. The normal bare bones editions are priced at $30 for DVD and $40 for Boo-Ray per volume.

That's still ridiculous.
    In an era where I balk at $20 box sets, $30 for a single volume is ludicrous to the point of being hysterical. I would pay $15 for the entire season in digital form.
  • edited October 2011
    That's for the ultra special rare cocoa bean edition. The normal bare bones editions are priced at $30 for DVD and $40 for Boo-Ray per volume.

That's still ridiculous.
    Do what I do and wait for the box set that's only $30 for the entire thing. They always rape you if you have to have it as they're releasing it. It's the "I want it now!!!" tax.
    In an era where I balk at $20 box sets, $30 for a single volume is ludicrous to the point of being hysterical. I would pay $15 for the entire season in digital form.
    You live in you're own god damn world. :P
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Why would they release the Blu-Rays in separate volumes? I'm sure a Blu-Ray has the capacity to fit all of the episodes in one disc.

That makes no sense.
  • Blu-ray spends its space on 1080P resolution.
  • edited October 2011
    Do what I do and wait for the box set that's only $30 for the entire thing. They always rape you if you have to have it as they're releasing it. It's the "I want it now!!!" tax.
    I call that the Apple Bloom Tax. :P When it has a full box set or is on super sale, I will then consider it.

That makes no sense.
    $ense
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I asked them about their pricing (I get every press release in the world...), and they have yet to respond to my questions.
  • The extra stuff doesn't even seem particularly interesting to me (not that I'm a die-hard fan). I hope a certain American animated series is not nearly so ridiculously priced.
  • http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-07/madoka-magica-film-project-launches

Madoka Movie is coming. Will it be a compilation like Gundam Trilogy? Will it be an alternate universe like Escaflowne? Will it be a sequel/prequel? A side story? So many possibilities.
  • edited November 2011
    ZOMG
    Update: Urobuchi had already pretty much finished the final draft for the new film, and production is proceeding next. According to Shinbo, the subtitle of the new film is still undecided, but he really wanted to call it "Incubator no Gyakushū" ("Incubator Strikes Back" or "Incubator's Counterattack"). [Via Yaraon!]
    Also, supposedly it will be trilogy. Fingers are the crossed.
    Post edited by Apreche on