This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Front Row Crew Forum Secret Santa 2011 - Registration Closed.

Comments

• I've had issues with getting emails from Sonic/Victor before in regards to FNPL stuff. I had to add him to my contacts. However, as I look they are actually two different email addresses.

I assume you folks checked your Spam folder? >___>
  • It's not there.
  • edited November 2011
    I did not get an e-mail.
    I don't have you in the spreadsheet. Are you sure you signed up?
    I didn't get an email either.
    You, also, are not in the spreadsheet.
    It's not there.
    Ah, this one is my fault. I accidentally skipped over you in the queue. I'll fix this.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Ho! Ho! Ho! Meeeeeerrry Christmas! The world has been through a lot this year: the Fukushima Daiichi incident, revolutions, civil wars, natural disasters out the yin yang, not to mention the economy and job market... Yes, the world is a much sadder place than when the year started. But that doesn't mean we have a good holiday! Help spread some holiday cheer this year by becoming a secret santa!

Now, we had a little trouble with people not getting gifts last year, so it is time to announce, with a heavy heart, the list of banned Santas.

JukeboxJosh and Cielmort, unless your Santee steps forward to redeem you, or you can present evidence of your merry gift giving, I'm afraid I'm going to have to place you on the Naughty list and ban you from this year's Secret Santa.

For those of you who are participating and worry about not getting gifts, fear not! While Ro was gracious enough to play Mrs. Clause last year and send out gifts to those who didn't receive ones, I've already got gift packages planned out just in case.

Alternative gifts:
    GeekNights "Get Off My Internet" T-Shirt
    Johnny Wander Volume 1 (Special Edition or Regular, depending on availability)
    A small selection of games from Asmadi Games
    All six Parsely Games as PDF (Action Castle, Action Castle 2, Pumpkin Town, etc)
    Maybe other awesome stuff!

Hopefully, I won't need to use these because, if everyone gets their gifts, these gifts will be sent to a randomly selected group of Santas! Fun Fun Fun!

Note the last link there, sports fans. Posting a comment on this forum was not signing up.
  • I needs to do research!
  • Nyo.........
  • My Santee's gift finding will be easy. : D We share tastes, and one I never thought I would find a forumite with.
  • I have a thought, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good gift or not. Hmmm? Tuffie.
  • Note the last link there, sports fans. Posting a comment on this forum was not signing up.
    Yay reading comprehension!
  • I have a thought, but I'm not sure if it'll be a good gift or not. Hmmm? Tuffie.
    When in doubt, write a poem to go with it.

Everything is better with poems
    When in doubt, write a poem to go with it.

Everything is better with poems
    Very true. Nothing makes a gift better than a personal touch.

• I definitely just want a full membership to Minecraft. I don't want to bother to explain recieving a physical gift to my parents. you could help me lie, by not writing a return address. I'm not sure how the gifting process for Minecraft works. So, if my email isn't enough, lemme know.
  • Dear Santa, don't worry I'm sure I'll love whatever you get me so just have fun with it. And if you have trouble thinking of something, a sack of gold bars will suffice.
  • Gold bars are heavy. I'll have to put them in the flat rate shipping container. Uninsured, live life on the edge.
  • If you can afford gold bars, you can afford the insurance on them ;D
  • How many gold bars can one get on a $15-20 budget?
    Just get lead and gold paint.
  • I will not be sending my Santee a golden bar. Yeah.
  • So, I feel weird asking yet again, but what's the deal with my gift from last year? I'm not really attached to the idea of getting it anymore, but I'm curious who it was from, what it was and what happened to it.
  • I've noticed that I've paid a lot more attention to my santees postings on this forum now, trying to find the smallest hints of what the person might like. I feel like a stalker. Am I the only one?
  • I've noticed that I've paid a lot more attention to my santees postings on this forum now, trying to find the smallest hints of what the person might like. I feel like a stalker. Am I the only one?
    Nope. I'd like to think I have a decent memory of many posts of various forummites to remember something about their personalities, likes, dislikes, and all that jazz.

I will say that I've already assisted two other people in ideas of what to do for their Santee. =D
  • I included a note with mine, that said something like "If you want ANY more information, Just ask sonic to ask me. Also, here's my amazon wishlist that will scare you horribly fill you in a bit more, until I write a longer letter for you."
  • You can now go to your Santee's profile and see their post history! :D

Also, would gifts making fun of stereotypes be distasteful? I wouldn't want to offend anyone with their gift package.
  • You can now go to your Santee's profile and see their post history! :D

Also, would gifts making fun of stereotypes be distasteful? I wouldn't want to offend anyone with their gift package.
    Oooh, that's helpful.

And I don't think it would be, but people have a different degree of sensitivity. I honestly love being made fun of if it's in good jest. I would hope the Santee would understand and take it that way.

• edited November 2011
    Santa, Pac-man ukulele. Just saying.
    Post edited by Sail on
    Just get lead and gold paint.
    hmm....not what I intended.

Also Santa, if you happen to be rich, WASR-10. Just saying.

• Chiming in on the rich Santa wishlist here...

I'd really really really love a Doublewide Motorized Strauch Finest.