This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110922 - Weddings

124»

Comments

• I think the point is that if you feel so strongly thay you have figured out a better way to do things, it's not worth getting married if you're going to compromise your entire self. Some things are worth waiting for. Someone you see eye to eye with, however rare that may be, is one of them. Never having to give in and say you were wrong, when you were actually 100% correct, is a priceless luxury of wedded life. Achieve it.
    That is a long and lonely road you are suggesting. :P
  • I think the point is that if you feel so strongly thay you have figured out a better way to do things, it's not worth getting married if you're going to compromise your entire self. Some things are worth waiting for. Someone you see eye to eye with, however rare that may be, is one of them. Never having to give in and say you were wrong, when you were actually 100% correct, is a priceless luxury of wedded life. Achieve it.
    That is a long and lonely road you are suggesting. :P
    That's why I'm a happy hypocrite. The internet is great for spouting idealistic advice!
  • edited October 2011
    Someone you see eye to eye with, however rare that may be, is one of them. Never having to give in and say you were wrong, when you were actually 100% correct, is a priceless luxury of wedded life.
    There are some things that are factual, but then again, there are matters of opinion. You should never meet halfーway on facts, but in any relationship, there is going to be meeting halfーway in opinion.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Someone you see eye to eye with, however rare that may be, is one of them. Never having to give in and say you were wrong, when you were actually 100% correct, is a priceless luxury of wedded life.
    There are some things that are factual, but then again, there are matters of opinion. You should never meet halfーway on facts, but in any relationship, there is going to be meeting halfーway in opinion.
    There WILL be an open bar during the ceremony, I'm not compromising on that.
  • I'm officially a Minister with the Universal Life Church, so I can marry y'all.