This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game News and Discussion

Comments

• edited December 2011
    [BA-LEETED]
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I do not like how MS revamped the 360 dashboard. I find myself using the old blade system when I want to check up on friends rather than scroll through the new system where friends and parties are in different sections.
  • edited December 2011
    The first video tells me exactly nothing about the game.
    The Intercept logo should tell you at least something: That's one of Keiji Inafune's new studios. The game is supposed to be a trilogy very, VERY loosely based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
    I picked up on the Rot3K thing, mostly because I enjoy the occasional foray into Dynasty Warriors. However, the name Funafuti doesn't mean anything to me, and neither does the name Intercept, and I have absolutely no idea what kind of game it is. Is it an RPG? Is it all on boats? Is it an action game? Are all those characters selectable? Is it a puzzle game?
    NONE of those questions are answered.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know where to post this, and I didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just share it here. It's a 4 part series about MMO history. Of course, you can read that in a wiki article, but to see some of the games in motion is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=PgYuJczGv8o
    Post edited by VichusSmith on
  • I don't know where to post this, and I didn't want to create a new thread, so I'll just share it here. It's a 4 part series about MMO history. Of course, you can read that in a wiki article, but to see some of the games in motion is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=PgYuJczGv8o
    The show is pretty awesome they have a pieces on VALVe, Blizzard, Activision, Interplay, Bethesda.
  • Funafuti
    Kenji Inafune is the father of Megaman, among other games.
  • edited December 2011

I know the chances of this hitting the states are slim to none but good god bamco I will pay you all of my monies for this.

At first I was like "Aw yeah, Slayers gettin' some love" AND THEN RUNE SOLDIER LOUIE, S-CRY-ED, AND READ OR DIE HAPPENED AND NOW I AM AT MAXIMUM HYPE
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • You're aware, Scott, that this is a thing that has already happened. The official server shut down years ago, but private servers are also A Thing That Exists.
  • You're aware, Scott, that this is a thing that has already happened. The official server shut down years ago, but private servers are also A Thing That Exists.
    This is not an MMO. This is basically just battles, like Counter-Strike, or Tribes, or Quake. 52 vs 52 GO!

• It has occurred to me how hilarious 52v52 Counter-Strike would be. Someone must make this happen.
  • It has occurred to me how hilarious 52v52 Counter-Strike would be. Someone must make this happen.
    How it would suck to be the first one to die.

Not that it doesn't suck in the normal CS, but at least there the waiting time is minutes instead of tens of minutes.

• edited December 2011
    Not that it doesn't suck in the normal CS, but at least there the waiting time is minutes instead of tens of minutes.
    Which is part of what makes CS a great game. I don't want 52 vs. 52 tactical shooting at all.

Giant robot fighting, on the other hand...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • @SquadronROE
    Re: MechWarrior Online

> Join match as new player
    > Sees PPCs on a Cougar
    > GG

• This is apparently a big week for crossover game announcements.

First up, just announced today is Red Dragon, a visual novel that is meant to play out like a D&D game between some of the biggest minds in VN production, including one Kinoko Nasu of the infamous Type-Moon.

Second is Heroes Phantasia, an RPG that looks like it has a battle system similar to Valkyrie Profile. They had me at Slayers, but then they threw S-Cry-Ed, Read Or Die, and Rune Soldier Louie in and oh my god this game is never coming to the states but i want it so bad
  • Don't know where this belongs, but a few weekends ago I played the SWTOR beta for a while. It basically seemed basically like KOTOR, but with a bunch of other people running around doing the same bullshit you're doing. It was for a weekend, so I didn't join a guild or whatever, so I admittedly missed out on all the social aspects of the game, but I'm still pretty okay with never playing the game again.

I do have an itch for a new, good, non-RPG Star Wars game, though. Hoping they eventually make a Battlefront III.
  • REVENGENCE IS RISING!

I'm pumped for the Raiden action game. Cutting up cyborgs, throwing giant robots into the air, jumping on them, and then cutting them in half is all up in my business.
  • The word Revengeance must die, at all costs. That is one thing that game did not need, especially since it looks so awesome.

If you wanted a huge multiplayer FPS experience, where were you when MAG was a thing? I wonder if anyone's still playing that game...
  • edited December 2011
    Rumor has it Valve's gonna be doing some ARG stuff for the Christmas sale, maybe? Some people seem to think that this video from the VGAs starring Wheatley has a few hints pointing towards the next Half-Life game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-spike-vgas/724834

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/n9522/steam_winter_sale_holiday_achievements_and_an/
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • No offense to Reddit, but they can be the same as the woman who sees Jesus in her morning toast, sometimes.
  • I'm interested if the hivemind can find anything tangible, but for now the only things in 2012 I'm looking forward to are MIB3 and The Dark Knight Rises.
  • No offense to Reddit, but they can be the same as the woman who sees Jesus in her morning toast, sometimes.
    I heard that 20 years ago, they named the tradeshow E "3" because Valve would one day make a Half Life 3 announcement there.

• A Google search tells me these rumors have been flying around since June, but I was not aware of them until Jonathan Holmes repeated them on the latest Podtoid episode.

Apparently EA and Valve have been courting Nintendo and saying "hey, your online play experience is god-awful, just let us manage it for you." I am dreaming of a world where the Wii just ran on Steam and actually worked.
  • A Google search tells me these rumors have been flying around since June, but I was not aware of them until Jonathan Holmes repeated them on the latest Podtoid episode.

Apparently EA and Valve have been courting Nintendo and saying "hey, your online play experience is god-awful, just let us manage it for you." I am dreaming of a world where the Wii just ran on Steam and actually worked.
    Nintendo games on Steam. Heaven on earth.

Pokemon MMO....???? XD
  • mmmmm that would be even better.

I was just picturing some alternate reality where I booted up my Wii, popped in Smash Bros Brawl and my Steam friends list displayed. I effortlessly joined a match and there was no crippling lag.

In reality, I got so pissed I didn't turn my Wii on for two years.
  • As Diddgery mentioned in Things of Your Day, Nintendo has announced Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition, a DS Tactics RPG with Pokemon. Here's the trailer:

This is the first time in a long time that I've been excited about a Pokemon game.
  • Pokemon Tactics, Hell yeah!
  • This is the first smart thing Nintendo has done since forever.
  • edited December 2011
    A good pokemon game I'm not going to have to buy a 3DS for? Nintendo doing something awesome? Am I in some alternate timeline?

To put it in perspective, I thought this was a joke at first because no way would nintendo do something this good.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I also thought it was a joke or something made by fans.