This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

edited November 2011 in Video Games
Comes out tomorrow. I have the gold Wiimote bundle pre-ordered. I think it'll be pretty good.

Comments

• I can't wait, though unfortunately I'll have to, as the Wii is back at home, where my brother uses it; I won't get a crack at Skyward Sword until I'm home for Christmas. It's been five long years since the last console Zelda, and my body is ready.

It's funny, the biggest validation of the motion controls was a review I stumbled upon in which the reviewer criticized it for having "broken" controls. In his review (text and video), he shows he is clearly using Twilight Princess style waggle and point/shoot, which don't work at all. It looks like Ninendo went all in, and we're about to see the results.
  • We have the special bundled pre-ordered as well and will be picking it up tomorrow morning.

On a related note, I linked this in my various social networks, but Gabe from Penny Arcade was asked to do artwork for the game for a special online comic.

The article made me emotional and happy for Gabe. Such a tremendous honor.

I have his hi-res wallpaper part of my desktop slideshow now.

• My birthday is Thursday, so I'm going to get it then.
  • Gamespot's War on Zelda continues. <-- That would be green if it weren't a hyperlink (and I knew how to make it green).
  • Pre-ordered just the game on Amazon. Will probably play after Thanksgiving.
  • Gamespot's War on Zelda continues. <-- That would be green if it weren't a hyperlink (and I knew how to make it green). </p>
    Just the review I was talking about - the reviewer ignored the tutorials, trying to just waggle and point his way through the game, when those aren't the mechanics at all. I could understand him having a problem with them if he'd actually played the game correctly, but as it stands, it's as if he's holding an Xbox controller upside down, then complaining about how hard it is to snipe.
  • I think this is old news, but:

Aaaannd reverse it:

Seriously, Koji Kondo is awesome.
  • Yet another awesome game I have to wait until June to play.

I'm just going to go punch myself in the dick until I die.
  • Called around looking for the bundle and.... fail. I should have pre-ordered it. I'm just used to stories having an abundance of premium editions.
  • edited November 2011
    You should be able to get the bundle at Best Buy. From what I understand you need the Wii motion plus controller for the game. You also get a $10 gift card for purchasing the bundle or just the game.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • My brother and I picked it up last night, and I've been watching him play it. It's awesome. The visual style is gorgeous, the soundtrack is fantastic, and all the new gameplay elements are really freaking cool. I'm gonna have a blast when I get my turn.
    Yeah, that's right. I made a Zelda gang sign.
  • You should be able to get the bundle at Best Buy. From what I understand you need the Wii motion plus controller for the game. You also get a $10 gift card for purchasing the bundle or just the game.
    Best Buy website says it's not available in store or online. I'll have to call.
  • The gold remote came with the stupid condom already on it, making it much less glorious to behold out of the box :P
  • The gold remote came with the stupid condom already on it, making it much less glorious to behold out of the box :P
    Wrap it before you tap...A to Start.

I have never gotten one of the Wiimote condoms ever, I guess that will change when I get my copy of the game.

• The first thing that my eyes hit when I opened this page was middle of the sentence; "...came with the stupid condom already on it,...". Had a little wtf moment there until I read the whole text from beginning and remembered in which tread I was on.
  • Loving the game so far.

Zelda is MEAN!!! You'll know what I'm talking about once you play the game.
  • I'm really trying not to spend any money on gaming, but Skyward Sword is really causing me to get antsy. I am expecting it as a Christmas gift, but don't know if I trust the gifter to actually find the gold controller bundle. Hopefully Nintendo will make sure to keep this bundle around for a bit since, hey, you NEED that motionplus to actually play the game.
  • I'll just leave this here.
    I'm just going to listen to anything but this until Thursday. Well, when I'm not listening to Muppet related music to get me psyched up for the new movie.
  • Ok, I finally got the bird. Took me a few hours because I like to explore.

I enjoyed the fact that there was a bathroom and the toilet flushed as Link got up from it. It still showed him wearing clothes, but amusing nonetheless.

Also that Groose guy looks creepy. Time for a break.
  • Back to playing for a few more hours.

For those who don't subscribe to Nintendo emails, I received this a few days ago.

I forgot how much of a video gamer Robin Williams is and that he also named his daughter Zelda.
  • They've been doing all the new Zelda commercials. It's wonderful.
  • Oh, I haven't seen those. That's probably because I don't really care for commercials.

Also, about to do the race. Had to share this.

Nintendo, I see what you did there.
  • Oh, I haven't seen those. That's probably because I don't really care for commercials.
    I'm a marketing major, so it's kind of my job to make you interested.

I'm a marketing major, so it's kind of my job to make you interested.

I kept seeing them posted to Facebook.
  • edited November 2011
    I like how certain things in the game require different sword strikes.

When I freed the bird I did a spin attack and one log fell. Was confused when others did not. Then I saw the ropes and was very happy. You can defeat some early monsters with a spastic waggle but most require proper strikes.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on