This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Internet Lynch Mob - WTF?

Comments

• I hate how he says that he only would have "handled the situation better" is he had known who he was talking to. Completely missing the point.
    Oh, it gets better. This guy keeps burying himself. Based on his comments, I think it is probably not possible for this doucher to understand why he was wrong.
    http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/28/9770514-chastened-gaming-rep-responds-to-internet-infamy
  • Yeah, that's the article I was referring to, Jason.
  • Guys like this pretty much will never admit they're wrong. That drive is probably the only thing that got them as far as they've gotten, but once someone calls them out o
  • The picture on that article is great. That and every single quote from the guy. Well if all PR is good PR, he's definitely trying to get more of it.
  • edited December 2011
    The Bully just doesn't know when to quit.

Edit: dang it someone beat me to it.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Oh, you asshole!
  • My question is... what can we learn from this? Obviously, that being an asshole doesn't quite pay off, but more than that what else can we learn?
    One day you will find yourself hiring/outsourcing customer relations. Remember this story on that day.

• Also, find a way to get Mike angry over the financial industry.
  • OMG I didn't realize there was a video of that interview!
    I didn't see that coming. Mostly because I was expecting something little more clever.

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's the article I was referring to, Jason.
    Sorry, LOL. I was busy at work and furiously alt-tabbing. It was a clear paste-and-run job.

As an apology, check out this: http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/28/9770514-chastened-gaming-rep-responds-to-internet-infamy
    Post edited by Jason on
  • His other clients laughed? Who are these other clients?
  • I've always liked Winnebago Man's voice. It's really relaxing when it isn't swearing.
  • Winnebago
    I'll say one thing for Winnebago Man: at least he knew he was being an unreasonable asshole. The Tiny Ball'd SEO CEO, however, is in his own sad little "I know the Mayor of Whogivesafuck" world.
  • The picture on that article is great. That and every single quote from the guy. Well if all PR is good PR, he's definitely trying to get more of it.
    There are tons of great pictures of this guy. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but just a few hours after Gabe made the first post, I was surfing this guy's facebook timeline because, you guessed it, the things was 100% public. Hilarity.

• It's a bit funny how no news source is really siting that Dave is an employee of Penny Arcade and that he is one of the main people that runs both PAX Prime and PAX East.

At least I'm pretty sure that's the same Dave.
  • It's a bit funny how no news source is really siting that Dave is an employee of Penny Arcade and that he is one of the main people that runs both PAX Prime and PAX East.

At least I'm pretty sure that's the same Dave.
    You mean "Disco" Dave Coffman?

• edited December 2011
    NM, it said reader Dave. My mistake.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited December 2011
    Did you mean this Dave?
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I think force Feedback is an excellent piece of music to describe the internet backlash against Paul.
  • The underpants have well and truly fallen over his eyes now.
  • I think one thing that can be learned about this is that business owners/hiring managers need to do more ground work before hiring someone. They need to investigate any claims that seem even remotely outrageous.

I'm actually having a hard time empathizing with the guy anymore, even with his concern for his wife and kids. He threw them up as a living target pretty damn quick, and is stacking up the charges against him... Identity theft, defamation, etc..
  • The great part is Paul does not know when to shut the fuck up. He's halfway to China by now with how deep he's dug himself. A goon from SomethingAwful actually gave him some good advice, and he may actually take it as the email is cordial enough (I dunno if I should post it so I won't for now as that's a personal correspondence and I lack the means to ask the guy's permission), though I have little hope for Paul by now.
  • There's a really shitty piece of flamebait over on Kotaku which is defending Paul or something? I dunno. I'm not linking to it, but it's out there. The Gawker network is full of shit.
  • edited December 2011
    There's a really shitty piece of flamebait over on Kotaku which is defending Paul or something? I dunno. I'm not linking to it, but it's out there. The Gawker network is full of shit.
    i09, Jalopnik, lifehacker and the Australian versions are the only decent ones on there.

Post edited by Churba on
  • There's a really shitty piece of flamebait over on Kotaku which is defending Paul or something? I dunno. I'm not linking to it, but it's out there. The Gawker network is full of shit.
    Ah, I found it. It's definitely just contrarian bullshit. Even though Gawker basically proposed to my girlfriend for me, I'm having a hard time respecting some of the journalism there.
  • >Implying Gawker is journalism.

Seriously, it's really just assholes shooting the shit and stroking their e-peens by linkfarming with flamebait. It's a collection of open sores on the blogosphere, and Jezebel and Giz are festering abcesses.