This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mechwarrior: Living Legends - The Megathread

13»

Comments

• A lot of the living legends team are now working on Mechwarrior Online

• Someone remastered the Mechwarrior 2 soundtrack. It's fucking awesome.
  • Is it possible to play Mech2 on a modern computer?
  • Starfox said:

Is it possible to play Mech2 on a modern computer?

The last time I tried (many many moons ago) it was a huge pain in the ass. This is a job for GoG.
  • Apreche said:

Starfox said:

Is it possible to play Mech2 on a modern computer?

The last time I tried (many many moons ago) it was a huge pain in the ass. This is a job for GoG.
    A bag of d6 and someone who owns those books is still the best option.

• I'm getting back into Mechwarrior Online. It's drastically improved since when I played a couple years ago. There is no longer a single meta that dominates but rather a couple different play-styles that are all viable.
  • Wasn't it pay2win before? Is that not the case now?
  • It's not really pay2win. Real money only helps you unlock mechs at a quicker pace, but a skilled person in the free mechs will always out fight someone who paid for their mechs and sucks.
  • Andrew said:

I'm getting back into Mechwarrior Online. It's drastically improved since when I played a couple years ago. There is no longer a single meta that dominates but rather a couple different play-styles that are all viable.

Really? It was pretty bad when I quit, but if you recon it's improved, I might check it out again.