This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2012: Bobcats To The Front Of The Line

Comments

• I thought my PAX badge was will call but I guess not. Also I forgot I listed my parent's address. Luckily my mom came up to visit today and she brought my badge.
  • Man my future kids better never do that or they won't be going, I will :-p
  • Guidebook app is now available for Prime 2012.
  • Long time lurker/listener here--I have a 3-day badge that I'm selling because my travel plans have unfortunately fallen though. I'm mostly interested in recouping my cost/making sure someone who wants/is able to can enjoy all of the awesome. If you're interested, PM me ASAP.
  • Long time lurker/listener here--I have a 3-day badge that I'm selling because my travel plans have unfortunately fallen though. I'm mostly interested in recouping my cost/making sure someone who wants/is able to can enjoy all of the awesome. If you're interested, PM me ASAP.
    Chase Gordon wants it.

Chase Gordon wants it.
    Cause he'll really be able to get affordable airfare at this point. :P
    Unofficial PAX IRC might have people that are interested if nobody here is.
  • No one take it or I'll kill you, at least until I know my friend doesn't want it. Also, I won't kill you, but I will be sad!
  • Rym or Scott: How early should we show up to your "Short Subjects in Gaming" panel in order to ensure we get a seat? Thanks!
  • I would say 90-60 minutes prior.
  • Question. May I stand uncomfortably close behind Scott during the panel?
  • I bet Scott shaves his head so nobody can try and smell his hair.
  • I would say 90-60 minutes prior.
    No, you can probably just show up on time. We haven't had a panel fill up at PAX Prime in awhile.
    Answer: As if the Enforcers will let you.
    Answer: As if the Enforcers will let you.
    I am left wondering: uncomfortable for you, or for Scott?

• I suppose whichever comes first.
  • I suppose whichever comes first.
    Funny, I thought it'd be the other person.

• Minor note, pre pax tabletop in the sheraton will now be in the diamond room or something. That's if you're in Seattle Thursday and get a head start on your gaming.
  • Tabletop is in any hotel where you can find room in the various lobbies or table spaces. I'll be wherever I am and more than likely with Scrymily.
  • Tabletop is in any hotel where you can find room in the various lobbies or table spaces. I'll be wherever I am and more than likely with Scrymily.
    Sure, but I'm referring to a specific setup. Lexicongrrl managed to convince another hotel to set aside a couple of their private rooms for gaming, with a host and stuff.
  • That's cool. I will probably check it out. I love walking around and watching people game. Makes the experience that much more great.
  • I should have a copy of eclipse... since I'm still under the assumption we're going to get a game or two of it in over the whole extended week. I'm not bringing much else games-wise. I can bring easy non-things like bean counting game. Is someone bringing Takenoko?
  • edited August 2012
    Jeremy and I have been discussing what games we plan on bringing. Takenoko will be one of them.

I'll have a better idea of what we'll be bringing come next week. If you have any requests, check the list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF7ynacKfCCdGMxMjZJOXJ6ZGpJTGJkcVRQWFQ1TkE

I do not guarantee we'll bring what you request.

Also, we plan on getting Quarriors with expansion and the Dark Ages expansion to Dominion, so that will more than likely be brought to the PAX.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • There's a new Dominion expansion!? I better read 'dem cards.
  • edited August 2012
    500 cards worth. It's all kinds of crazy. From those 500 cards, none of them are base.

Jeremy has been so excited about this and talks about it all the time.

It was released at Gen Con. We should get it this week or next week.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'll play some new expansion dominion like a boss. :D
  • Check out the fortress card.

+1 card +2 actions : When you trash this, put it in your hand.

Hmm, is there some way to play it then trash it after it's played to play it again? I can't find one. However, it has two awesome uses. One is if you are forced to trash, and you don't want to. You could play a bishop and trash this to keep it in your hand when your hand is full of awesome. Also, there is another new card that lets you trash cards in your discard, so this would pull the fortress back into your hand from the discard with that combo. I'm sure there is more, but already exciting.
  • ZOMG JUNK DEALER +1 card, +1 action, +1 dollar, trash a card from your hand. Costs 5.