This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX AUS 2013

Comments

• Main theater is almost packed. Spotted Khoo and Rym. Hope you guys get good videos !
  • I wonder if Ron kept that book report.
  • The wombat was packed. Can't get in for the panel. Will be looking forward to the audio/video release of the panel...
  • I was mad hungry by that point; so we took the opportunity. Climbing at 6, then dinner + drinks if people are out and about.
  • Great first day, saw the Ron Gilbert keynote, said hello to Rym and Scott, saw Churba tape the fuck out of some road, tried out an Occulus Rift, caught up with some friends, and a bunch of other great stuff.
  • Hey, I'm Paul, the guy who played Battle Line with Rym tonight. I'm just checking I still have a forum account. Looking forward to playing some Burning Wheel tomorrow.
  • edited July 2013
    Sk0pe and I spawncamped Scrym on their way out of Beyond D&D (I'd seen it before so I didn't go) and I learned Glory to Rome and Hanabi from them. Both are great games and I would very much recommend them.

Glory to Rome Scott destroyed us in, but for what it's worth (likely very little) I beat Rym and Prad (sK0pe). As for Hanabi, I think Scrym may have learned a thing or two from me ^_~.

Around then my phone hit 0% - I guess the battery sucks. I missed a dinner meet in the city, but it was worth it because I went to the concert instead. That said, the Main Theatre never hit capacity at any point during it, so the thing to do would have been to not bother queueing and walk in whenever was convenient.

I had a great time; hopefully I wasn't "That Guy".
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Hail Caesar!
  • edited July 2013
    Great first day, saw the Ron Gilbert keynote, said hello to Rym and Scott, saw Churba tape the fuck out of some road, tried out an Occulus Rift, caught up with some friends, and a bunch of other great stuff.
    Aha! Someone I haven't met who is a veteran forumite!
  • edited July 2013
    Hail Caesar!
    The power of Rome is strangely weak to a mere palisade.
  • edited July 2013
    Hey, I'm Paul, the guy who played Battle Line with Rym tonight. I'm just checking I still have a forum account. Looking forward to playing some Burning Wheel tomorrow.
    Yeah, I really want to play a tabletop RPG demo - I haven't ever TTRP'd.

I saw you playing Battle Line, I think. Did you win?
  • edited July 2013
    mispost.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Hail Caesar!
    The power of Rome is strangely weak to a mere palisade.
    Palisades are pointy and shit.

• I hope all of you understand how envious I am right now.

I think I'm going to try and have an anti-pax tonight with boardgames and booze.
  • PAX Pity Party!
  • Let's play Torchbearer.
  • So, I wasn't going to come that early today, but I ended up waking up at 7 for whatever reason .
  • edited July 2013
    Pie Face breakfast is great. I'm seeing plenty of people not wearing passes, which I think means a considerable 1-day pass contingent.

Today's plan: Make a Strip; then more tabletop, possibly including RPGs and a Dominion qualifier.
  • edited July 2013
    dude. Said it before in the that guy thread, you were never that to me when we hung out at East. (^_-)

Also I'm still very jelly that I missed my 2nd PAX ever.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I had a great time; hopefully I wasn't "That Guy".
    dude. Said it before in the that guy thread, you were never that to me when we hung out at East. (^_-)

Also I'm still very jelly that I missed my 2nd PAX ever.
    Plus, I think it's been said multiple times, if you're aware enough of yourself to worry about being "that guy", you're not.
  • edited July 2013
    I love you all.

Make A Strip is starting now-ish.
    I hope all of you understand how envious I am right now.
    The Australians here most certainly can. You still have us at a 2:1 edge.
  • edited July 2013
    What Ro said. Though I do remember a distinct amount of "OH SHIT OH SHIT I HOPE I DON'T GET PAX POX" going through my mind that time we roomed together. Turned out I didn't get PAX POX in the end though! I feel really bad that you did. :-(
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited July 2013
    Carrying around a small bottle of hand sanitizer has been the investment of the trip.
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • Burning Wheel in the queue room was great, meeting lackofcheese and mamath was very cool, and no matter what anyone else thinks, death by starvation is heroic.
  • Today was awesome, but I am going to go to sleep rather than type the details on my phone.
  • Screw hand sanitizer. It does little. Wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your face.
  • Washing them after you pee is usually a good time to do so too.

You guys know who you are!

You make me siq ¬_¬
  • Happy to help with the Burning Wheel yesterday, we had two demos of The Sword. Won't be bringing the books today (they're heavy) but anyone still in town over the next few days I will be more than happy to find you & play with you. Just don't expect Rym to GM, his voice is shot.

For today I'll be claiming a table in Tabletop and not letting go. Table space is an issue. Would love some Eclipse if we can manage it.

Most frustrating thing was finding empty tables and being kicked off because they're 'for Magic players', then seeing about 20% of the general gaming tables taken up by Magic. If I see it again today I'll be (very nicely) requesting they move along.
  • Hi Paul. I am super grateful to you for bringing those Burning Wheel books, and to Rym for spending valuable voice points on running The Sword for me and others.

I'm stoked to have had my first RPG experience ever; it was awesome.