This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Christmas and Stuff!

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Chocolate, Hot chocolate (cocoa), $30 gift card to board game store, blender (moving out next year), electric shaver, unknown gift from Thinkgeek that hasn't come yet, wooden christmas ornament thing from my aunt, flashlight, coke gummies.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Christmas ornament I made on Artscow for myself and a friend: image
  • Got a hat/muffler combo, a mini tool set, a thermos, and various odds and ends as stocking stuffers.
  • I only got things I bought and wrapped for myself. However I am more about the giving so I gave on steam.
  • Plenty of Cash Money.

I actually think I made more of an impact to Christmas when I went to my neighbor's and connected their daughter's tablet to the wireless internet, because they didn't know how. It was very nice.
  • @Ruffras: You should go post that over in the pen thread.
  • edited December 2013
    From others:
    BF4, Rise of the Triad, a spring-powered window punch, a Heliograph AKA signal mirror, 8 street passes, a water bottle, bottle of wine, some chocolates.

To self:
    Red and Black 3ds, Pokemon Y(because I liked the look of the red and black bird thing more than the white horse thing.)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • From others, a load of clothes both smart and casual, Toll of hounds and Dust of Dreams from the Mazlan series along with the Satanic verses.

To self; some PA merch and a kindle to replace my broken one, well when the sales kick in.
  • I got some gift cards, Ticket to Ride Europe (twice in fact), Dominion: Guilds, Castles of Burgundy, a couple shirts, a couple books, and a nice mini statue.
  • edited December 2013
    I got bowls, towels, and kitchen stuff.

I gave... a lot. A quadcoptor, Descent 2nd edition, the new Zelda 3ds game, whatever PS4 call of duty, bourbon, scotch, bbq rub, shirts, Cards Against Humanity, lots of gift cards, legos, action figures, a Dr. Who scarf, a creeper hat, and... hrm... more gift cards.

Edit: I wish I had myself for a friend.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • It's part of growing up, at least in my experience, that you give way more than you get at Christmas as you get older. Such is life. :)

In my case the ratio of given/gotten is ENORMOUS, but to be fair I treat myself pretty well the rest of the year so it's OK. :)
  • I'm just saying my gifts are cool.
  • Christmas presents are yet to come for I. Such is having most of your family abroad.
  • I ended up with a Nook Simple Touch, a copy of Anansi Boys (not the ebook), the Joy of Cooking, Lego City, and various other things like bookmarks and gift cards.
  • I also got money that I transformed into a nice microphone for better casting + streaming.
  • I got a little money (which I used to buy dinner for my family on christmas day so my mom wouldn't have to cook), $20 in target gift cards (which I'm going to turn into flood light bulbs for video recording) and a $50 radio shack gift card from my best friend. I turned the Radio Shack gift card into an Arduino Micro, a transistor, a voltage regulator, an SD Card shield, a 7 segment led display, and some leds.
  • Let's have your gift lists for 2014!

Me:
    €75 of iTunes vouchers.
    Koch Haus gift voucher (mmmmmm fooood).
    Last year I got a quad copter, but I broke it last month. Juliane got it fixed! so it's like the same present two years in a row.
    A very large Ferrero Rocher.
    Three Ritter Sport chocolate bars.
    A new big pan for cooking.
    A small oven pan for cooking.
    A Star Wars Lego set, a mini Imperial Star Destroyer (which I bought for myself to go with a mini Millennium Falcon for Juliane).

I think that's it.
  • A bottle of Baileys. More accurately, half a bottle of Baileys.
  • A cookbook, photography book of the Grand Canyon, money, Brooks Brothers gift card, and Bose sound isolating and noise canceling earbuds.
  • Socks!
    A Catbug throw blanket
    Lowball glasses for drinking whiskey out of
    A Night Vale t-shirt
    A flight stick so I can play TIE Fighter.
  • For background: Christmas tradition is austria is that gifts are given in the late afternoon/early evening of Christmas Eve. For children it's the "Christkind" (lit. "christchild", but more of an angel rather than literally Jesus and with much more secular connotations) who brings the presents and its usually signified by a bell or chime ringing.

So funny story ahead. My family visited my sister on Christmas Eve. After having Christmas dinner we were passing the time talking and doing games with her kids (twins, boy and girl, 5 years old). I'm reading them something when the chime rings as set up outside on the stairs. My sister eggs them on to go look and see what this chime was. And my nephew tells me "keep reading".
  • I got an air compressor for shop tools. I'm stunned, I didn't expect such an awesome thing.
  • Some smart clothes so that when Im teaching I don't look a homeless man, a load of tank girl prints and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtle hoodie. Was pretty good considering that Im not a fan of christmas.
  • edited December 2014
    Money
    This kitchen torch
    A set of 4 holiday-themed water glasses
    A sticker from a Monster High sticker book
    Too much fucking food
    Julekake

Prior to this, I also got my hands on 11 bottles of 30 - 40 year old Polish mead.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Mini Erector set-type tricycle.
    Cologne
    Puzzle
    Small statue thingie
    Small plush penguin
    Pencils
    Heat Shrink Tubing
  • edited December 2014

Money
    This kitchen torch
    A set of 4 holiday-themed water glasses
    A sticker from a Monster High sticker book
    Too much fucking food
    Julekake

Prior to this, I also got my hands on 11 bottles of 30 - 40 year old Polish mead.

Dat torch. Creme Brulee time?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Money
    Cowboy Bebop on boo-ray

• A sticker from a Monster High sticker book

I got 3 stickers. Obviously the small child likes me more.

Scott, he got it primarily for crusting steak. The hard part of creme brulee is the custard.