This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Grand Prix Round 2 - Backgammon - UPDATED

Comments

• Yeah I misread the time and thought I had today to send an email but really...
    Me no care bout dis game. Good luck to all.
  • You people missing the deadline. Why didn't you just email immediately? Sending an email takes just a few seconds.
  • I just kept forgetting. Then I remembered at 1am this morning and said "I'll do it first thing in the morning" but either way I had already missed the deadline.
  • InvaderREN, this is my finals week but after Friday I'm pretty much down to play whenever.
    Sail, do you have iOS? I'm on holiday until Tuesday but we can cram the games in after that. Kongregate I suppose?

If u have iOS we can fire up a free app and start playing anytime.

• You people missing the deadline. Why didn't you just email immediately? Sending an email takes just a few seconds.
    I didn't even notice you asked for an email until today. I've been busy preparing for PAX and dealing with end-of-year tax stuff for my NYC sales tax license. Also working on ConnectiCon. ;^)

• edited March 2013
    You could have updated the thread title with the date so people can pay attention. :P

Regardless if I knew about the deadline:
    Me no care bout dis game. Good luck to all.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Being good at Backgammon requires nothing more than what I would consider basic tabletop skills. It's a straightforward game with very simple and effective heuristics
  • I have no doubt, but with PAX coming up and we're bringing games that I haven't even played them yet or went through the rules.

Also, I don't feel like messing around with scheduling things with people with the stuff I have going on right now.

If Backgammon is available at PAX, I may play, but my desire is small.
  • InvaderREN, this is my finals week but after Friday I'm pretty much down to play whenever.
    I do have iOS, I guess we just have to find an app that works with the rule set we're using.

Because I've had a slew of jobs interviews, been helping my dad after surgeries, and other in general business.
    I do have iOS, I guess we just have to find an app that works with the rule set we're using.
    Backgammon Masters Free seems ok. Has game centre support and looks polished.

I'm InvaderREN on game centre. Add me.

If you do, start a game. We will take it for a test spin.

• Oukie doukie, who's yuyuke?
    Present and accounted for! I'm going to be at PAX East all this weekend, but I should be free after that.
  • Linkigi and I were the only ones who didn't opt for random pairing? Guess we gotta make a pact to game the system and ensure that one of us wins. ;-)
  • Who is 5ro4?
  • I recommend sending a forum message to your opponent. We know everyone has an account and should be checking...
  • edited March 2013
    Oukie doukie, who's yuyuke?
    Present and accounted for! I'm going to be at PAX East all this weekend, but I should be free after that.
    Cool, cool, cool. Email me at timo.ruppell at gmail.com when you are done.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • E-Mail has been sent. All the cool kids don't check this thread until it's too late.
  • Won round one in straight games. Bring it on.
  • Who is 5ro4?
    I am. You have a message.
  • If all players report before the week is out, I guess we an begin rounds early?
  • I guess I'm not in this round due to not noticing a new entry deadline. I went away on a work trip and presumed this would be updated after PAX. Oh well!
  • I was out of town for business the entire last week. I am ready to play now but... there's a deadline? Also, are we suppose to PM our opponent to setup a way to play? I wasn't able to play, but I wasn't PMed either so would me and my opponent both lose points?
  • To Scott:

My match with Lack of Cheese can be played 10 PM EST on Wednesday, is the deadline for scores 12 PM EST?
  • I was out of town for business the entire last week. I am ready to play now but... there's a deadline? Also, are we suppose to PM our opponent to setup a way to play? I wasn't able to play, but I wasn't PMed either so would me and my opponent both lose points?
    You hand to email Scott to indicate you're still active, and whether you want to be matched up against someone specific. After that, he emails you with the name of your partner.
  • Remember to play out your rounds, kids. I won with a gammon. If you don't play them out (provided you didn't forfeit because of the doubling cube), you might lose out on a x2 or x3 bonus.
  • What have people been using for playing? Any recommendations for a web based gaming site?
  • What have people been using for playing? Any recommendations for a web based gaming site?
    Sail and I are frantically trying to find a good turn based iOS version, preferably one that uses Game Centre. I *think* we may have one, will report back when we have a game under our belt.

Otherwise, I was kind of hoping that Kongregate will have a version we can use.
  • edited March 2013
    Scott mentioned FIBS, which seems like the best option to me. I've used it before and it works pretty well, and there are clients on different platforms - hopefully there's a free iOS one as well.

This does the job on Android.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I know Apsup mysteriously got suspended on FIBS. We ended up having to use Pogo.com It wasn't even close to perfect but we got it done there.
  • edited March 2013
    If you want to use a phone and there isn't a decent FIBS client, then Masters of Backgammon may work OK; it has iOS and Android clients.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on