This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anti-GamerGate Appreciation Thread (Daikun Free Zone)

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I said I liked dogs and did not want them associated with her. Not that she was sub human like you have asserted I have.

And I will use the tone I feel apropos and no less. I suspect your feelings on gg etc would not change even if I policed every word I used.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • I have an argument against this, but I'm painfully aware you don't give a shit.

At this point, I leave it up to the mods. I can promise that if a new conversation that is Anti-GamerGate (The title and apparent purpose of this thread) pops up and you interject again saying all the things you've been saying, and continue to provide no concrete reasoning for disliking Feminism and the like that can't be disproved, you will be in violation of a forum rule.
  • Conan-San said:

I never called her a bitch and I refuse to do so. End of story.

The thing you said meant (at least in my reading) "I'd call her a bitch but that word isn't mean enough." "Bitch" was the closest reference point you gave us for whatever you thought Sarkeesian was, so that is really what you were calling her.
    And even if we accept that you weren't, isn't it somewhat worrying that that was evidently the first word to come into your head?
  • No, not really, that word is the sort of ingrained insult of the highest order against women.

I don't like using it cause of it's actual meaning (see also fag/faggot for homosexuals and rape when not talking about indecent assault) but I see I shouldn't have bothered because I could have said Bitch and it would have garnered the same response.
  • Yes, it is an ingrained insult, but the fact that you're typing and not speaking means you're not excused by habit or impulse. You have plenty of time to stop and think that "Maybe comparing this woman to a gendered insult isn't a way to convince people I'm not sexist."

But it's clear you didn't think there was anything wrong in indicating that because the word was also associated with dogs, Sarkeesian deserved something else, despite the fact that tons of women are called this word every day. It has a clear implication of that word not being strong enough, if Sarkeesian now also can't be compared to the tons of women who are called Bitch.

But no, you didn't mean it, so it's all fine, right?

Regardless, I'm tired of arguing with you...Again. You said something that pissed people off, and rather than apologize, you doubled down and then later backtracked while still refusing to admit that there was an issue. You have a lack of interest in caring about what other people think and feel on the topic, as you are convinced you are right and we are all out to get you, or prove you're evil to prove our point about...Something. Or you think we're all over-sensitive idiots. Or something I can't even think of. No matter what, there's just no scenario where I'm interested in talking to you about it, since the starting point of this argument, for you, is that we are unrightfully ganging up on you over something you didn't say.
  • Conan, to call you a piece of shit would be an insult upon pieces of shit.

But don't take that to mean I think ill of you, I just like pieces of shit, and don't want you associated with them.
  • Better put on your oven mitts, because if you touch this thread you're gonna get burned. Heyoo!
  • I take back what I said about you being a cunt.
  • Conan-San said:

No, not really, that word is the sort of ingrained insult of the highest order against women.

I don't like using it cause of it's actual meaning (see also fag/faggot for homosexuals and rape when not talking about indecent assault) but I see I shouldn't have bothered because I could have said Bitch and it would have garnered the same response.

Wow, you are really dancing around the fact that because you never said the word "bitch" that somehow you are validating your insults. You were saying the equivalent of "She's not a bitch, she's actually a cunt."

That's a significant problem within GG itself. Many of the hangers-on or people who joined it without looking into information are only piggy backing on hate themselves. I know so many people who go "I don't know what GamerGate is or what it means, but fuck Anita Sarkeesian." They want to judge and deny that no matter how insidious Gamergate is or how it has set back the activity of gaming in the public eye, that "Well, it's Anita's fault in the first place for speaking up about it. She's not even a real gamer and a lying poopy-headed SJW!"

You don't just judge the people who started the event. Zoe Quinn was put under far more scrutiny than Eron Gonji who orchestrated the whole event when he had every possibility to stop. People would rather point fingers at Brianna Wu and Leigh Alexander to change rather than executives at Ubisoft, Capcom, Sony or Ninja Theory. Totalbiscuit still flipflops between supporting GG or being neutral, yet is completely oblivious to the amount of destruction and regressive change he is causing in the industry.

Like we explained before in the forum, supporting GG on one idea alone (such as Anita) is like supporting The Confederate Flag. You might like the flag because it represents traditionalism and morality, but it is naive to neglect what that symbol has meant historically and the people who support it for different reasons.
  • Can we get back to talking about Ethics in Video Game Journalism guys?
  • Cremlian said:

Can we get back to talking about Ethics in Video Game Journalism guys?

Video game journalism, being largely focused on reviews, is inherently subjective. This brings with it all the problems inherent to subjective journalism, and greatly muddies the question of "ethics" to the point of being a useless discussion.

Can we get back to bitching about how fake gamer girls want to be treated like people? I mean seriously, they're literally ruining all of my gaming experiences.

• What is a fake gamer girl?
  • edited March 2015
    Oh wow, you guys really want me to call her anything just to somehow humanise her. That to call her "a bitch" or "a cunt" would be an improvement upon what I have not called her. That's utterly transcendent.

But I get it, you want me to call her something so here goes;

She is Anita Sarkeesian and that is all that she can ever hope to be.
    Post edited by Conan-San on

• Can we get back to bitching about how fake gamer girls want to be treated like people? I mean seriously, they're literally ruining all of my gaming experiences.

One of them suggested I actually think about games, instead of just having fun! What does she think I am, some kind of giant pulsating cyber-brain!? I'm a MAN, damn it! If I spend precious bloodflow on my brain, how will I keep my penis working?
  • One day you'll learn how.
  • You can insult us all you want, you're not the one who looks good here.
  • Axel said:

You can insult us all you want, you're not the one who looks good here.

I think we've established that I have made peace with that.
  • I'm amazed (and slightly horrified) that you're even still here.
  • edited March 2015
    Conan-San said:

Axel said:

You can insult us all you want, you're not the one who looks good here.

I think we've established that I have made peace with that.
    Is anyone else reading this as implicit admission that he's just here to taunt us with no gain, making him no better than a troll?

'Cause trolls definitely do wind up getting banned around here, it just depends on how much your trolling annoys Rym/Scott/Whoever to determine how long it takes.

Post edited by Axel on
  • Actually, it's about whether Fluttershy is a tree or not.
  • Maybe Rym wanted to see how much insane troll logic he could pass off on the forum before we caught on?
  • You take that god dam pony nonsense out of here. Theres a place for that, put it back in the box.

I want to know why so many arguments take a personal dive. I mean I get that people can have fucking strange ideas but when ever these things get personal everyone shuts their ears a shouts.
  • Hmmm...No, Rym is way too busy to even care about doing something like that. As he reminds us regularly, he has a life.
  • Amp said:

You take that god dam pony nonsense out of here. Theres a place for that, put it back in the box.

• Amp said:

You take that god dam pony nonsense out of here. Theres a place for that, put it back in the box.

I want to know why so many arguments take a personal dive. I mean I get that people can have fucking strange ideas but when ever these things get personal everyone shuts their ears a shouts.

Well, it usually starts with someone saying something that someone (or many) finds offensive/hateful. We then mention that, they try to defend, we explain why it's offensive and ask them to counter our arguments, they make some ridiculous claims and usually bring free speech in, we tell them they look like bigots, they say we're stupid, we conclude they are now at this point just trolling, and then everyone goes and eats dinner.

• Guys, Conan is like from 2007, he's been on the forums forever... he knows the rules, he isn't some new troll..
  • I didn't say he was a new troll, I just said he was trolling.
  • I'm not saying you are, but people keep talking like he's just come out of the wood work to trollolololololol.. He's not the same as those guys that came in and flamed out :-p
  • He seemed like such a nice, quiet boy. No one ever suspected a thing.