This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Terrorism in the Modern World

Comments

• I just realized she lives in the same city I moved to, Portland, OR. I will need to pay attention to see when she does public events. Well, public events other than book signings.
  • edited January 2016
    Ammon Bundy and his brother are arrested, another of their buddies killed, and seven others arrested. Police stopped them on their way to go menace at another town meeting. No word on who shot first ($20 says it was the terrorists).

There are still a bunch of these jackwagons wrecking native American artifacts, breaking fences, and stealing equipment at the building, but the head is off the snake.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • They're livestreaming the "incoming federal raid"

Mostly, they talk about who's turn it is to poop and how glorious it will be to rise up against the Fed.
  • So did they actually have a gun fight or is it just fat dick wiggling?
  • Yesterday, a car with most of the leadership was pulled over and they were arrested. However during the incident there seems to have been a shootout and one of the passengers died.
  • Stream is back up
  • Reports are that tarp guy tried to run the roadblock, but fishtailed and crashed the car. He then exited and "charged" at the police, allegedly shooting.

He was the one said he wanted to die fighting for liberty or whatever.
  • RymRym
    edited January 2016
    Oh shit, they're freaking out about that helicopter. "It's got no call letters"
    Post edited by Rym on
  • The one guy keeps wanting to shoot at the helicopter...
  • AmpAmp
    edited January 2016
    Andrew said:

Yesterday, a car with most of the leadership was pulled over and they were arrested. However during the incident there seems to have been a shootout and one of the passengers died.

I saw that bit I didn't know if they had gone for the main compound. Not that I want people to get killed or anything but it would be interesting to see how committed they are to fighting against the man.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Rereading that I wrote it like a plumb. The gist is sort of there.
  • It's over, the remaining occupiers are leaving.
  • And now everyone can be arrested at home once all the charges are put together.
  • That video title is 3edgy5me.
  • There are five remaining militia members left. They are sitting around a campfire smoking some dank weed.

• Does anyone else find it amusing that these assholes made a big deal of taking down security cameras..... but then broadcast everything they do on YouTube?
  • Does anyone else find it amusing that these assholes made a big deal of taking down security cameras..... but then broadcast everything they do on YouTube?

The moment when the fat guy got mad at the rat guy because he was still streaming while the fat guy talked about where they could run to.
  • You can play out this awesome terrorist event on Counter Strike.

You too can be Vanilla Isis!
  • Only four Y'all Quaeda left.
  • The Oregon militia is flipping out live as the FBI moves in.

David is my favorite character. He won't shut up. He's hysterical. The rest of the militia keep yelling at him to shut up.

• This is actually really unnerving to listen to.
  • This is actually really unnerving to listen to.

They're so crazy, but so consistent in how crazy they are.

They want to die. That's the most terrifying thing. If it all peters out, then their fantasy dies with it. They need the FBI to be the brutal killing machine they believe it to be.
  • edited February 2016
    Rym said:

This is actually really unnerving to listen to.

They're so crazy, but so consistent in how crazy they are.

They want to die. That's the most terrifying thing. If it all peters out, then their fantasy dies with it. They need the FBI to be the brutal killing machine they believe it to be.
    That's whats so unnerving about it. Listen to the way they're talking, the whole group of them are completely wrapped up in this paranoid delusion. I mean, I knew they were crazy, but it's one thing to read about it and another thing to actually hear the voices in their heads.

"They're (The FBI) all evil people" "The helicopters are here to kill us" "You can't trust them, they'll kill us the second we walk out, they don't follow the law", "they murdered our friend".

They are completely stunned and confused why the American people aren't there defending them completely unaware that the rest of the country think they're nuts. (Well, most of the country anyway)
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • RymRym
    edited February 2016
    The woman is talking like a negotiator. I think she's actually trying to get them to come out, possibly at the behest of the FBI.

She's using hostage negotiator tactics. I can't say it's intentional, but she's using them.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • yea it's fascinating.
  • You could write a case study on these people. What about your families? "God took care of them for us, my kids weren't in my life much anyway, my kids are alienated from me." Maybe not a word for word quote but fairly close. Doesn't that scream volumes? And Rym's right, just listen to them, at least two of them want to die.
  • And they want the 3% militia to come save them or something I guess? From what I understand a lot of the 3% are making fun of them and calling them on their bullshit, and the only reason some of them were there initially was because they were tricked into coming there for a peaceful protest of that whole arson debacle, not an armed takeover of a government building, and promptly left. Only the real crazies are still on their side. If they're trying to martyr themselves in a new Waco, they're not doing a very good job. In things like Waco of Ruby Ridge, there were aspects to them that made them so bad, even of if the details aren't clear. Like reasons behind the raids in the first place, women and children being shot, police shooting first, entrapment, people burning to death, .etc. Sorry dudes, but if you end up getting shot for an armed takeover of some government building in the woods and you won't leave, you're not a patriot martyr protesting a corrupt government. You're just a dumbass.
  • Of course, it would have to be DEEP cover.

• Negotiator: "59,000 people are watching live now"
    Nutjob: "They're just waiting to see us die"
    Negotiator: "No, they're not."

And then the youtube comments stream exploded with a series of "Yes, we are". lol, one really shouldn't have expected any less I suppose.