This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

John McCain

Comments

• edited November 2008
    So I can dislike someone as long as I don't do it strongly?
    You can do it as strongly as you want. You just don't have to use hate speech to do it. I personally don't get offended by much, but I was just pointing out that hate speech isn't alien to any political party.

Besides. I have no intention of sticking around. I just wanted to state that I was proud of this country for so clearly demonstrating that racism did not play a meaningful role in this election. As an American, it really is a day to be proud of.

That's all I wanted to say. You guys just fed the troll.

To be very honest, I've been MUCH happier since I've left. 99% of the people here are great. I got sucked down into the gutter by the remaining 1%. (and obviously continue to do so!) It was as much my fault as anyone else.

But I have to say, I'm really enjoying participating in other forums where the responses are more intelligent than something like this:
    Some people are very frustrated, pathetic, and sad. This must not be a good day for such people.
    I love to debate, but certain people on this board pretended to debate while just being silly. And I fault myself for descending to that level.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Besides. I have no intention of sticking around.
    Aww... We need the smart old-timers to keep the rush of new punk forum kids in line.
  • Aww, Kilarney you were trolling! <3 I missed ya!

And please change your icon, it's really fucking with me.
  • edited November 2008
    Aww, Kilarney you were trolling! <3 I missed ya!</p>
    In all sincerity, I really wasn't trolling when I made my post. I truly am proud of my country today. There isn't as much of a difference between Obama and McCain as people think. I've never been in favor of the Iraq war, so I'm not crying there. The truth is that my life won't change much no matter who was elected.

For reasons much bigger than me, America has cause to be proud today. To continue this process, I hope Obama does well. I read an article written by the Southern Poverty Law Center that said that the KKK and other racist groups were supporting Obama because they saw his winning as the best recruitment tool in years. The best weapon against this is if Obama is wildly successful.
  • Kilarny's so cute. Insulting people and trolling while attempting to claim he's not.
    Awwww.
  • So I can dislike someone as long as I don't do it strongly?
    You can do it as strongly as you want. You just don't have to use hate speech to do it. I personally don't get offended by much, but I was just pointing out that hate speech isn't alien to any political party.
    Like I said, nut jobs in every party. We are talking about the LEADERSHIP OF A PARTY CONDONING AND EVEN SEEKING OUT BIGOTS. That is NOT something every party does. Also, there is a difference between hating a single individual based on the political choices (not that I condone it, simply pointing out the difference) and hating an entire group of people based on their race, class, ethnicity, gender, and religion.
  • edited November 2008
    Kilarny's so cute. Insulting people and trolling while attempting to claim he's not.
    Awwww.
    Can you not read?:
    I love to debate, but certain people on this board pretended to debate while just being silly. And I fault myself for descending to that level.
    I got sucked down into the gutter by the remaining 1%. (and obviously continue to do so!) It was as much my fault as anyone else.
    Now you see why I bang my head against a wall whenever I come here. I admit my faults, and then I am accused of not admitting any faults.

Mr. MacRoss, consider yourself part of the 1% I was referring to. Since 1% is pretty small, a lot of others are breathing easier right now. However, there is room for at least one more, and her name starts with "Mrs."
  • Here's the difference between hate and dislike as I see it.

You can disagree with someone, as in you recognize that your thinking is different from their thinking. You can argue with someone. You can decide that you do not like listening to, or being in the company of a specific person because of the way they are.

Hate enters into the game when you wish ill upon a person, or when you don't respect their right to be the way they are. You don't have to hold someone in high regard, or have a great respect for someone. But if you regard them as less than human, you are entering the territory of hate.

It's the golden rule. Hate begets hate. Respectful disagreement begets respectful disagreement. One of these results in emotional senseless screaming and shouting. The other results in intellectual discourse. You wonder why someone like me who loves argument hates politics so much, and retreats to the land of geekeries? Because in discussions of geekery, intellectual discourse is far more common. People who enter into enter into geeky discussions with emotional or hateful speech from any angle are disregarded as "fanboys". In politics the fanboys are in control of the majority of the speech, and what used to count for true discourse is marginalized.
  • edited November 2008
    Kilarny's so cute.
    Macross, consider yourself part of the 1% I was referring to. Since 1% is pretty small, a lot of others are breathing easier right now. However, there is room for at least one more, and her name starts with "Mrs."
    Some might question whether it was cute or psychotic.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I read just fine, hence the calling out of your backhanded comments.
  • edited November 2008
    Again. Just another example of why I've been happier posting on other forums. Like I said, I'm no better when I'm here, so what's the point.

And just because HungryJoe has been such a dick, I'm changing my forum name again.

Peace out!
  • Some might question whether it was cute or psychotic.
    Again. Just another example of why I've been happier posting on other forums.
    Peace out!
    Why does he keep coming back just to say he is leaving?
  • Why does he keep coming back just to say he is leaving?
    Oh... I'll never leave forever. I've never said that. I'm a forum wandering minstrel.
  • edited November 2008
    Again. Just another example of why I've been happier posting on other forums.
    Peace out!
    Why does he keep coming back just to say he is leaving?
    It's a pattern that you see sometimes with stalkers and other psychotic types. Pilfering icons and internet handles is another example of psychotic/stalking behavior.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • FOUL, I call two-Joe shuffle. Someone's not playing fair.
  • edited November 2008
    It's a pattern that you see sometimes with stalkers and other psychotic types.
    God bless you, Joe, for proving me right.

Kisses.

The only reason I'm having a hard time leaving right now is because:
    a) You're feeding my trollness so much; and
    b) You're being a dick has totally empowered me to change my forum name. Now that I've got it, I want to use it.
  • The forum name change is in bad taste.
  • It's a pattern that you see sometimes with stalkers and other psychotic types.
    God bless you, Joe, for proving me right.

Kisses.
    Someone's a last-word-hog. Teehee.
  • edited November 2008
    The forum name change is in bad taste.
    That's the whole point. Since Joe can dish out comments made in bad taste, I'm sure he can handle a little bad taste in return.

Or unless he's a hypocrite...

Hmm...
  • Why does he keep coming back just to say he is leaving?
    Oh... I'll never leave forever. I've never said that. I'm a forum wandering minstrel.
    Whatever. Do you have a response relevant to the topic or do you want to talk about how much this forum sucks?
  • Kilarney, there is no reason to triple post, you attention-whoring imposter. Seriously, get your annoying and childish flame-bait ass away from here.
  • Stalking is not something to be taken lightly. Some jurisdictions have laws against cyberstalking. Some professional organizations ask to be notified when their members engage in stalking behaviors.
  • The forum name change is in bad taste.
    That's the whole point.
    I criticize thee. Consider thyself criticized.
  • Kilarney, there is no reason to triple post, you attention-whoring imposter. Seriously, get your annoying and childish flame-bait ass away from here.
    I criticize thee. Consider thyself criticized.
  • Whatever. Do you have a response relevant to the topic or do you want to talk about how much this forum sucks?
    Yes. I've already stated why I think Obama's win was a great thing. I made a meaningful post in this thread.

The response was:
    Some people are very frustrated, pathetic, and sad. This must not be a good day for such people.
    So unless you're willing to call out HungryJoe, then you're a total hypocrite.

Of course it is rather confusing now that we share the same name.
  • edited November 2008
    Uhh... Joe, aren't you a lawyer?
    Most stalking laws require that the perpetrator make a credible threat of violence against the victim; others include threats against the victim's immediate family; and still others require the alleged stalker's course of conduct constitute an implied threat.

I love how free speech is now stalking. I also love how you can call people brain-damaged, pathetic, etc - yet that's just fine.

Hypocrisy incident #12 today. Troll has been fed.

I'll make you guys a deal.

If you'll just relax, I'm out of here.

I honestly, don't enjoy trolling. I'm like the heroin addict who knows how bad it is for me, but just can't resist.
  • edited November 2008
    Whatever. Do you have a response relevant to the topic or do you want to talk about how much this forum sucks?
    Yes. I've already stated why I think Obama's win was a great thing. I made a meaningful post in this thread.
    What about my counterpoint before you started playing attention whore? Also, while HungryJoe goes too far sometimes (in my opinion) you have shown yourself to be just as bad. One cannot be truly righteous if one is not first right.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited November 2008
    Also, while HungryJoe goes too far sometimes (in my opinion) you have shown yourself to be just as bad.
    Didn't I just say that? This is so unbelievably frustrating!
  • Also, while HungryJoe goes too far sometimes (in my opinion) you have shown yourself to be just as bad.
    Didn't I just say that? This is so unbelievably frustrating!
    Your statement wasn't up while I was typing. Just say something worthwhile or leave. There are no deals. You are just interrupting a discussion - that gives you a high? That is kinda sad. You need to take up a hobby or diddle yourself (or someone else) if you need this cheap thrill.