This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why People Think Rym & Scott are Gay.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    So my question is, since Rym has a girlfriend (Emily), why isn't he living with her? Is it a Front Row Crew thing? Do all the members have to live with another dude? And also, are Rym and Scott going to live with each other till one of them dies, or is this just absolutely temporary? If they do, they should seriously consider gay marriage as an option. ; )
    Post edited by glimpster on
  • edited October 2006
    Well, after talking with Rym about his weekend I made a startling discovery about their antics together.

Grapenutsrobot18 (11:32:00 PM): So did you have a good weekend?
    Schezar105 (11:38:12 PM): Fantastic ^_~
    Grapenutsrobot18 (11:38:41 PM): Badass man what did you do
    Schezar105 (11:39:21 PM): We made a giant penis monster in a game, and then had it fight stuffed animals

You be the judge.

EDIT: This is Skroates BTW. Ha! I stole your thunder Rym...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Live in Sin? How dare you suggest such a thing! I am shocked! SHOCKED! (I did live with them last summer while I did an internship at the animation collective) Basically, why Emily is not living with them is because Emily is still in school and would like to spend the rest of her remaining college dorm time in Manhattan, thank you very much, before I have to move to Jersey or up the river because of ridiculous rent. Also - I would not get any work done...to much geekery going on to distract me, plus an hour and a half of commuting time. Good for a weekend, but for the time being I like to be able to walk to class.

MAgic Pencel! Such a cool game - you draw your own 3D monsters! The animator in me was completely geeking out. And Scott said unto Art Boy, who has created all these great monsters, "What, you mean the first thought that crossed your mind wasn't to draw a giant penis?" And it went downhill from there...a horror to top all horrors...full animated with a walk cycle and several methods of attack, including a spinning balls punch. It was the height of hilarity.

While we were creating the monstrosity and laughing hysterically, Scott says "Oh Yeah~" in a way that made us all look over and then break into laughter twice as hard.
  • Gomidog,

You forgot to mention that living in the city allows Rym lots of time for Gay Sex.
  • edited October 2006
    Cost of convention tickets: $50
    Cost of gas to get there: $40
    Hotel for the night: $85.
    Wondering why there is a guy in your room who can't keep his clothes on when surrounded by other men: Priceless

Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Are they in that exhibition navelfluff's brother's doing?
  • W00t. I keep avoiding being in these "gay" pictures by a few inches ^_^
  • W00t. I keep avoiding being in these "gay" pictures by a few inches ^_^
    I guess you're just not that well-endowed. ^_~
  • just take a look in scott's flickr ^_^

you know how i know you're gay?

you take pictures of your roomate "un-mooning"
  • edited October 2006
    I kinda wondered if they were gay briefly. They didn't exactly strike me as gay, and the Ask Rym and Scott show said point blank they weren't, but all the same, I fell prey to the generalizations discussed in the last page (altho Rym's long hair didn't strike me as gay, just something that you don't see every day, if you don't look hard enough). Although I must say, there certainly is a lot of photographic evidence to support it lol. Kilarney, the church photo was a nice bit of photoediting. Props.

EDIT: Oh teh wowz. I just moved this thread to 3 pages.
    Post edited by Rooster on
  • edited October 2006
    just take a look in scott's flickr ^_^
    you know how i know you're gay?
    you take pictures of your roomate "un-mooning"

I figured "un-mooning" was a euphemism for cleaning up after a "quickie." ;)

Seriously, I took massive heat for this thread but I hope people realize now that it was all in fun. By page three, how could you not?
    Post edited by Thaed on
  • seriously ^_^

even if they were... I wouldn't care, they're still cool guys to hang out with an do an awesome podcast.
  • I have no moral problem with un-mooning. It's the re-mooning that irks me.
  • Oh my God, that is the gayest photo I have ever seen. The shoes, the hair, the pose... The only thing in that photo that is "straight" is the decor of the apartment. At least that looks like a bachelor's pad.
  • Why does Rym have his shirt off in 75% of the photos of him? And dude - ever hear of "manscaping"? :)
  • Why does Rym have his shirt off in 75% of the photos of him?
    I tend to wear as little as possible as often as possible. In fact, I'll note that I'm currently doing the show, and that I'm currently wearing no shirt. ^_~

I like to dress fashionably. I also like to dress mostly nakedly. Each serves its purpose. Scott just seems to really like taking pictures of the latter.
  • edited October 2006
    I like to dress fashionably.
    Have you seen the photos of yourself? I expect the "Queer Eye for the (ahem) Straight Guy" crew to break down your door at any moment.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • And dude - ever hear of "manscaping"?
    Fuck that!
  • edited October 2006
    Scott just seems to really like taking pictures of the latter.
    You know how I know you're gay :-p
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • Ok, so I know you guys are not gay. However, a couple of days ago I was picking up my sister from school and I put Geeknights on my Ipod and connect it to my car. After a couple of minute she asked me, are they gay? Then I remember this discussion and I asked her why does she think that they are gay. The answer she told me was: "Well, most guys do not know so much about each other" I was speechless for a second and then my response was: "Well, they are just very good friends"
  • Heh heh, funny.
  • Ok, so I know you guys are not gay. However, a couple of days ago I was picking up my sister from school and I put Geeknights on my Ipod and connect it to my car. After a couple of minute she asked me, are they gay? Then I remember this discussion and I asked her why does she think that they are gay. The answer she told me was: "Well, most guys do not know so much about each other" I was speechless for a second and then my response was: "Well, they are just very good friends"
    Pwned.
  • "Well, they are just very good friends"
    Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.
    Yes, I've heard they are very "close"
  • edited January 2007
    I like to dress fashionably.
    I request a definition on fashionable. The same geeky T-shirts or short sleeved button downs in faded/muted tones do not count as fashionable, sorry dude. I declare your clothing both drab and predictable. Consider yourself smacked across the cheek with a glove -step it up or stop sh*t talking.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    "Well, they are just VERY good friends"
  • While Scott's sexuality may be up for debate and interpretation, Rym is definitely straight. I know it seems like it should be the other way around, owing to Rym's attempts at foppery and his long hair (which really is just long geeky hair, not some amazing mane of luminous locks, as he might have you believe), but the guy loves chicks, and one chick in particular (the adorable Emily). Scott, however, doesn't seem to have a true affiliation. He claims to like women and be a "leg" man, but he shows no true inclination toward women, and only a slight inclination for men (e.g. he hates it when women hug him or touch him - even going so far as to hit them with quite a bit of force if they attempt to hug him, yet he happily snuggles on the couch with guys and wrestles with men on the floor). Just my observations.
  • I don't think it's that Scott wants to get intimate with men or anything. It's just that he probably finds women and/or femininity strange, alien, overwhelming, or uncomfortable. Girls are cute to look at, but to actually deal with one, and all their womenly habits? Icky. Masculinity is something he's right at home with, however. So wrestling with dudes? No problem.

That's my semi quasi not professional at all opinion.