This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• DAMMIT. I want a snowfall like that! I can't remember the last time I was in waist-deep snow.
    It's getting close to that here, if it were not for the few days of bright sun evaporating the snow here we would have something like 46 inches on the ground between the two snowfalls.
  • I watched a guy flooring it trying to make it out the of the garage at my apartments. I was just waiting for the differential to explode.
  • I'm trying to hammer the conclusion that omniscience would not permit free will into the heads of a few christians in another forum. I'm starting to lose my patience...
  • I'm trying to hammer the conclusion that omniscience would not permit free will into the heads of a few christians in another forum. I'm starting to lose my patience...
    When I was still a Christian and went to youth group, this was a running joke. Any time someone would ask a difficult question, someone would say "well, it all goes back to predestination..." and everyone would laugh. You see, they KNEW they didn't have an answer for it, and that was FUNNY to them.
  • When I was still a Christian and went to youth group, this was a running joke. Any time someone would ask a difficult question, someone would say "well, it all goes back to predestination..." and everyone would laugh. You see, they KNEW they didn't have an answer for it, and that was FUNNY to them.
    You're lucky. When I tried to have a discussion about omniscience vs. omnipotence with my religion teacher last year she became furious that I would even mention it, and then basically said what can only be summed up as "A wizard did it."

I had more fun in that class mercilessly exposing her fundamentalist dogma than I actually learned about my faith. Worth it.
  • Just found out today that my boss is moving to another project within the company. It's sad to me because he's easily one of the most competent managers I've ever dealt with, and I've had several over my 9 years of part-time and full-time work. It's very rare to see a manager who manages his group like a small business owner would rather than the corporate monolith that this place actually is.
  • edited February 2010
    Kate, you account for 90% of my Facebook spam.Why do you push your elitist, liberal agenda on me?I suppose same-sex marriage and like James Randi already!
    Yes, Stop it. I keep getting too many Facebook emails. I ignore any part of facebook that isn't the address book part, or sometimes, grudgingly, invitations to real events.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • My friend in DC just posted a picture of herself standing in a trench in the snow. The snow is up to her waist.
    DAMMIT. I want a snowfall like that! I can't remember the last time I was in waist-deep snow.
    Well...we got like, 7 inches, so if you can find a shrink ray, I can help you out this weekend.
  • I'm probably double sick. I've had what feels like a Sinus Infection since sometime last week. I also noticed that I have a strange gum infection, caused by apparently oncoming Wisdom Teeth. Now I apparently have a fever (our thermometer is highly unreliable, and gave me a temperature of like, 97 something, which makes no sense because my mom and I think I'm really warm), and I don't know which is causing it. The dentists said that my gum infection should be treated with antibiotics if I get a fever, but if my fever is actually from my sinus infection, then the antibiotics will be useless, and just make this viral strain stronger.
  • edited February 2010
    Kate, you account for 90% of my Facebook spam.Why do you push your elitist, liberal agenda on me?I suppose same-sex marriage and like James Randi already!
    Yes, Stop it. I keep getting too many Facebook emails. I ignore any part of facebook that isn't the address book part, or sometimes, grudgingly, invitations to real events.
    God dammit people, just ignore it. WTF? It was one day in one spurt. Also, and you may not realize that you did, but please don't speak to me like I am a pet.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I keep getting too many Facebook emails.
    Why not just change what emails Facebook sends you in the settings?
  • edited February 2010
    In an office with five paralegals three of them are out today. Yesterday two were out. I am so far behind on my own work, because I have been helping to fill the gap that I will never catch up if people keep calling in!
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • In an office with five paralegals three of them are out today. Yesterday two were out. I am so far behind on my own work, because I have been helping to fill the gap that I will never catch up if people keep calling in!
    Maybe you should stop helping to make up for their absence. That just enables them to continue calling in and inconveniencing you.
  • In an office with five paralegals three of them are out today. Yesterday two were out. I am so far behind on my own work, because I have been helping to fill the gap that I will never catch up if people keep calling in!
    Maybe you should stop helping to make up for their absence. That just enables them to continue calling in and inconveniencing you.
    The attorneys come to me with work that has to be done that day. I can't refuse them or I will be fired.
  • The attorneys come to me with work that has to be done that day. I can't refuse them or I will be fired.
    Suck. You should try calling in some time. Or cutting some bitches.
  • The attorneys come to me with work that has to be done that day. I can't refuse them or I will be fired.
    Show them the work that had to be done yesterday?
    I watched a guy flooring it trying to make it out the of the garage at my apartments. I was just waiting for the differential to explode.
    Why do people suddenly think they can drive as if they're on a racing track the moment an inch of snow falls?! Screaming "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" in their faces isn't sufficient, I need something new.
  • In addition, I was just burned by a malfunctioning coffee maker. It is going to be one of those days.
  • God dammit people, just ignore it. WTF? It was one day in one spurt. Also, and you may not realize that you did, but please don't speak to me like I am a pet.
    Uh, I don't usually tell my pets to stop spamming me on Facebook. I talk to my pets like "Ey-Ey-Ey! I see you! No chewing the carpet!"

I suppose I am overly harsh, but current-day Facebook annoys me. All this crappy vampire/mafia wars garbage? I'm not into it, and the percentage of stuff that is actually useful is so low now. I think the problem is that is it is becoming a push medium, rather than pull. My normal internet habits tend to revolve around seeking and finding. In Facebook, I get so many invites to freaking farmville and other apps. The only apps I want are one oekaki board and that's it, and I already have that. Kate, don't worry, you are not the worst offender. Other people on this forum spam me more often. (You know who you are!)
  • You can ignore of those and never get them (that's what I did), I ignore all apps, it is glorious.
  • I should really figure out how to customize my settings one of these days, huh?
  • All this talk about Facebook spam makes me happy. Never seen the use of that site. It's just another site for the boring idle to do something but not actually.
    Other people on this forum spam me more often.
    Thanks, now I'm even more glad to have never signed up.
  • Right next to any update is something that you click which says "Ignore" then the option of "this person? or this application?". I gnore about 70% of my "friends" and 99% of applications.
  • All this talk about Facebook spam makes me happy. Never seen the use of that site. It's just another site for the boring idle to do something but not actually.
    You just don't join sites like that because you have no real life or internet friends.
  • Never seen the use of that site.
    I met my girlfriend on Facebook. I never would have met her otherwise. I feel like this is all I should have to say.
    I will add that for me, Facebook is the best way to keep up with what my friends are doing. Most of them don't use Twitter yet, and even then that is limiting in what it can convey. It's really not that hard to set up Facebook so that it doesn't spam the shit out of you. People just don't bother to try.
    I met my girlfriend on Facebook. I never would have met her otherwise. I feel like this is all I should have to say.
  • You just don't join sites like that because you have no real life or internet friends.
    It's just that I didn't need a separate site to keep in contact with said friends. Facebook appears a lot less popular over here in general from what I gather.
    Oooh? That is nice.
  • Thanks, now I'm even more glad to have never signed up.
    I never signed up either.
  • It's just that I didn't need a separate site to keep in contact with said friends. Facebook appears a lot less popular over here in general from what I gather.
    There are different social networks for every region of the world. Facebook just hit it off big in the US because it started in the colleges over here. And unlike some other big social networks (*cough* myspace *cough*), Facebook actually kept up with the advances in web technology.
  • There are different social networks for every region of the world. Facebook just hit it off big in the US because it started in the colleges over here. And unlike some other big social networks (*cough* myspace *cough*), Facebook actually kept up with the advances in web technology.
    Yup. The same goes for IM networks. MSN is/was big here, in the USA it is/was AIM (ICQ before that I think).