This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• As I said before and as Luke also expressed, It was fine as long as it was in the "be mean" thread. It shouldn't have spread. Once it did, it became spam. Unless you you stop, Nine, I have to agree with banning
  • It's irritating as hell (although "sociopathic" is a tad strong for hardcore trolling). I don't want Nine banned, but I'd collar him hard. Probation at the very least.
  • By the way, Nine, you only have one more "..." remaining.
  • Well, it has definitely stopped being amusing to me, but I don't currently find it annoying, and I disagree with banning Nine just yet.

However, if he does make even one more post consisting solely of ellipses, I won't mind too much if you go ahead and ban him. It would basically have been Nine's own choice to get banned anyway, and if that's what he wants, then so be it.
  • Man, Nine's been fucking annoying me since the day one of my membership on this forum. For evidence of Nine's douchebaggery look at the "Which Anime should I watch next." thread. I was just starting out and he knew that, but he decided to be a little bitch about formatting and shit. The only reason I didn't leave right then and there is because of certain other more charitable members on this forum helping me out.

In conclusion, Fuck Nine. Every moment of his existance God weeps a fresh tear of regret. Upon his death his body will be trampled upon by the vast euphoric masses who have gathered to witness his demise. Birds will sing in the sky and we will all be able to bring ourselves out of this horrible dark age of fear and loathing.
  • I'd love to know about the Biography of Nine in this thread, to why Scrym have made a thread asking him to stop, instead of pressing the ban button.
  • Well, up until this point, Nine balanced out his obnoxious shit with some decent comments. However, within the past week or so, this has ended, and therefore there is no more reason to keep him around.
  • Because deep down they know that he is not really technically breaking the rules. I'm also pretty sure they give out a warning or two before actually banning someone.
  • You guys are so silly. This isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship.
  • You know what I find rather interesting. The fact that FlammingGeek was banned solely because he was a liar and rather annoying, but not to the point of excruciating frustration. Yet here comes another person who is far and away worse than FlammingGeek and would normally be banned in a heartbeat, yet Scrym decides to keep him around and not really do anything about it? Where is the line? Not that I'm asking to be banned, but how far do you have to go in order to be banned?
  • Nine trolls. Nine used to not troll, if I remember. I remember Nine being significantly different when I first joined. But, obviously, something has changed. Nine seems to not want to be here, but comes back over and over. So, why not swing the ban hammer?

Also, I feel this is a silly thing for Nine to do. Wasn't Nine getting all over someone for not using the ellipses correctly? And now this? This breaks rules 1 and 3.

But, I'm not a regular. I just started posting again. So really, my voice shouldn't mean much, but I wanted to voice my opinion.
  • edited October 2010
    Nine's not dishonest, he is just brutally honest in a way that tends to irritate the fuck out of people. Nor is he doing anything expressly prohibited by the rules; he's just exploiting HTML to be mildly frustrating to various peeps. He does occasionally have legitimate input.

He's like the man who figured out how to setup a feedback loop in a crowded auditorium for the very first time.

Don't ban him. I like a good troll every once in a while.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Man, some of you guys need to get the sand out of your va-jay-jays.

Yes, Nine has gotten on a lot of people's nerves, mine included. Regardless, Scrym has warned him. If he does so again, then banning is appropriate.

I'm sure there has been many instances where people have annoyed on another on this forum and IRL.

A lot of you guys have made good points and some are coming across as whiny. Nine will make his next move, either become banned or back to his regular self.
  • edited October 2010
    Personally I think what he's doing is rather clever for a prank/troll. But since it takes more effort to actually read his comments, I just ignore it and move on. Less to read is fine with me. Either way, I wouldn't miss him. Aside from a few areas, he doesn't really contribute much. If it were me running the forum, he would've been banned long ago for his dickery. I'm all for criticism, but he doesn't like being constructive.

EDIT:
    Nine's not dishonest, he is just brutally honest in a way that tends to irritate the fuck out of people.
    Case in point, Luke is equally brutal, but he's not an ass about it.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • He's like the man who figured out how to setup a feedback loop in a hologram program.
    I'm watching Voyager, I thought this fit.
  • Case in point, Luke is equally brutal, but he's not an ass about it.
    I remain unfazed by Nine's dickishness. Maybe that's just me. I usually skim his obscenity-laden rants for content and then move along.
  • edited October 2010
    I remain unfazed by Nine's dickishness. Maybe that's just me.
    Me, also.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited October 2010
    Being brutal is fine. Being a dick or an ass or any other body part is okay too. Trolling I can cope with, as it easy to ignore. Spamming is not. And don't tell me "Hey, look in the html source, and you'll see it isn't spam." I know. I would ignore it, but by other people not ignoring it, it becomes a big problem to my enjoyment of this forum, and communication with other people.

And the answer isn't for every last person to ignore Nine, as that is the same as giving Nine a free pass. The answer is for Nine to stop be a combination of brutal, dick, ass and spammer all at the same time.
    Case in point, Luke is equally brutal, but he's not an ass about it.
    Hey!
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • When you hear what Nineless actually sounds like, his tirades are actually quite funny.
    edited October 2010
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Clever boy.
  • Well, I don't think he should be banned, but Scrym might do it.
    That post was entertaining enough, though.
  • Well, I don't think he should be banned, but Scrym might do it.
    That post was entertaining enough, though.
    I got a good laugh from it.
  • You know what I think? I think Nine is just a construct, set up by Scrym as an immortal adversary to the forces of good (e.g. Mr. Period). They've effectively created their own theistic hierarchy, which I think is pretty sweet.

(NOTE: I am, of course, being facetious. But it would be pretty cool if this were really a conspiracy, engineered and put into motion at the very start of the public forums.)
  • You know what I think? I think Nine is just a construct, set up by Scrym as an immortal adversary to the forces of good (e.g. Mr. Period). They've effectively created their own theistic hierarchy, which I think is pretty sweet.

(NOTE: I am, of course, being facetious. But it would be pretty cool if this were really a conspiracy, engineered and put into motion at the very start of the public forums.)
    That what Jen was for.
  • Man, some of you guys need to get the sand out of your va-jay-jays.
    Word. But I am impressed/surprised that Nine has lasted out this long. He has sat atop the very cusp of being banned countless times already and somehow continues to whoop and holler and wave in its face.

That what Jen was for.
    Did they ever admit that they created Jen?

That what Jen was for.
    Did they ever admit that they created Jen?
    Isn't it obvious who it was?
  • Nine trolls. Nine used to not troll, if I remember. I remember Nine being significantly different when I first joined. But, obviously, something has changed. Nine seems to not want to be here, but comes back over and over. So, why not swing the ban hammer?
    You know what it was? A Negative feedback loop. If you go back and look, you can see the trend over time - Nine starts at perfectly like anyone else, reasonably pleasant and somewhat argumentative. Then, he disagrees with something, someone gets nasty or calling him a troll. Gradually, more and more people ignore anything he says or any point or argument he tries to make, dismissing it as trolling, or outright ignoring it.
    So - considering at this point that pretty much everyone dismisses nine as a Troll, An Asshole, or as a dickhead, damn near no matter what he says - Where is any benefit to not outright fucking with people, if they're going to treat you like shit anyway?
    You know what it was? A Negative feedback loop. If you go back and look, you can see the trend over time - Nine starts at perfectly like anyone else, reasonably pleasant and somewhat argumentative. Then, he disagrees with something, someone gets nasty or calling him a troll. Gradually, more and more people ignore anything he says or any point or argument he tries to make, dismissing it as trolling, or outright ignoring it.
    So - considering at this point that pretty much everyone dismisses nine as a Troll, An Asshole, or as a dickhead, damn near no matter what he says - Where is any benefit to not outright fucking with people, if they're going to treat you like shit anyway?
    To be a better person. He seems to think of most forumites that disagree with him are the lowest of low, so why not prove that he's better than these dopes? I mean, that's what I would do. He proclaims we're stupid and dumb, so why sink to "our level?" Because that's what we expect? Whatever. If that is the real justification, I'm even less phased by what he does or says. I was only "concerned" because I remembered him quite differently.