This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Flouridation of water is a communist plot and other tales of the crazy side of the internet

Comments

• It would be nice to summon a sudden Buzz Aldrin for these people.
    It's the limit break move for when they whittle down your idiocity tolerance health bar.
  • Penn is very forgiving of Rogan's idiocy.
    This is what I hated the most about that episode. Penn rails against hoax bullshit so hard, but when he had a batshit crazy person on his show, he didn't call him on shit.

Penn lost points with that episode.
  • edited April 2011
    Oh this is such a touch decision. On one hand I really would like to listen to some Penn Jillette, but on the other I really don't want the stress of hearing Joe Rogan speak. Does he mercilessly embarrass himself?
    Sort of - As has been said, Penn is very forgiving to him(Okay, he's straight up soft on him), However, they also got Phil Plait on the show, who politely tears him to bits, and you can hear him getting disheartened when Phil has an answer for damn near everything, but trying super hard to stump him. The stress is mitigated.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Penn was merely a moderator on that episode. It was Phil's job, not Penn's, to tear Joe to pieces.
  • To be fair, Joe rogan is A batshit crazy conspiracy theorist meathead. He's a funny guy, but crazier than a shithouse rat.
    This. Listen to the Penn Jillette podcast where Joe Rogan argues with Phil Plait about the moon landing "hoax."
    Oh this is such a touch decision. On one hand I really would like to listen to some Penn Jillette, but on the other I really don't want the stress of hearing Joe Rogan speak. Does he mercilessly embarrass himself?
    Penn is very forgiving of Rogan's idiocy. Let's put it that way. You know how diplomatic he can be. If you are a fan of logic, you'll grind your teeth every time Rogan moves those goalposts....
    Joe Rogan's idiocy is at least part of the reason why I don't watch much UFC anymore.
  • Joe Rogan's idiocy is at least part of the reason why I don't watch much UFC anymore.
    OH SHIT, HE JUST FLOATED IN THE AIR DURING THAT THROW LIKE HE WAS ON THE MOON NOT THAT WE'D KNOW SINCE WE NEVER LANDED ON THE MOON, JUST BY THE BY.

I remember that git on the Man show - it was fucking unwatchable.
  • I remember that git on the Man show - it was fucking unwatchable.
    Somehow, he was funny on NewsRadio, but I think that was because he was rarely onscreen.
  • Somehow, he was funny on NewsRadio, but I think that was because he was rarely onscreen.
    I think that might be because he was scripted well and used appropriately, whereas in the UFC and the Man Show, It's very loosely structured, with a central event (Being it a skit or a fight) And he pretty much improvises around that - He also wrote for the man show(during his time there, not before) and his writing isn't any better, nor is his stand up comedy, but he can follow a script, hit a mark, and act appropriately quite well. He can be excellent when given a good script and a put next to some other good players - But when left alone, he's fucking painful to watch.
  • Churba, you are on my facebook arguing with the guy who is the inspiration with this thread... Just a warning.. (if anyone else is interested, it's the comments under the Ron Paul doesn't believe in evolution I posted)
  • edited April 2011
    Churba, you are on my facebook arguing with the guy who is the inspiration with this thread... Just a warning.. (if anyone else is interested, it's the comments under the Ron Paul doesn't believe in evolution I posted)
    I suspected so - the general pattern seemed similar, as well as the writing style. That's okay - it's half practice, half masochism. After all, gotta keep sharp. If it was a genuine, hardcore debate about politics, as with most political debates of this nature, it would be mostly the latter, however.

Edit - Not great practice though, I've pretty much snookered him with a single question. Of course, I'm going to use this to blatantly play with him, because I'm a terrible, terrible person. Oh god, if he doesn't call me out for this, someone call me the coroner, because I'll have officially died of laughter for the ludicrousness of this obvious ploy and it being swallowed. I'm now all but saying Ron Paul is outright controlled by the illuminati or whatever other spooky shadowy conspiracy organizers you believe in.

Double edit - PS, Scojo, forgive me for pissing about like this with your friends for little more reason than my own amusement, but I couldn't keep a straight face. I was literally guffawing when I came up with that load of bollocks you doubtlessly got emailed to you as a comment notification, it's just a step too far at this point, and going WAY too off the rails for this point in the discussion. Instead, I'm going to use it to poke him a little, since he'll get the email with those points anyway.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I also tend to argue with people on other people's Facebook walls. I really need to stop that.
  • Edit - Not great practice though, I've pretty much snookered him with a single question. Of course, I'm going to use this to blatantly play with him, because I'm a terrible, terrible person. Oh god, if he doesn't call me out for this, someone call me the coroner, because I'll have officially died of laughter for the ludicrousness of this obvious ploy and it being swallowed. I'm now all but saying Ron Paul is outright controlled by the illuminati or whatever other spooky shadowy conspiracy organizers you believe in.
    I request --Nay, I demand-- screencaps.
  • I request --Nay, I demand-- screencaps.
    Scojo can copy and paste from the e-mail, if he hasn't deleted it already, though I wouldn't mind a copy myself.
  • edited April 2011
    What E-mail?

Oh darn, I tend not to get those because they come to my phone notification which then doesn't connect if someone deleted it...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited April 2011
    What E-mail?

Oh darn, I tend not to get those because they come to my phone notification which then doesn't connect if someone deleted it...
    Ah well - I mean the comment notification it normally emails to the account you have attached to your facebook account, but I don't know if you've turned those off or not, or if you've deleted it, so on. If you didn't get it, the Brief summary is thus - "If there are outside powers controlling the government, then the most likely conclusion is that Ron Paul is absolutely their favorite candidate, if you look at his policies and voter base." - For the purpose of toying with a bloke who is apparently a strong conspiracy theorist whom supports Ron Paul 120 percent, by his own admission. I'll flesh it out more in a little bit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have a screencap of the argument if its ok with you guys to post.
    Accidentally cut off the end but oh well.
  • Gibbs-Johnson 2012: Because Two Scotts are Better Than One.
  • Rubin can be treasurer.
  • Man, when the fuck did Sam Danziger go crazy like that? Didn't he used to be sane-ish?
  • Huh? He didn't say anything crazy in that image.
  • Huh? He didn't say anything crazy in that image.
    I was more musing out loud. I've seen other things he's posted that are libertarian crazy.
  • edited April 2011
    Aw, You must of missed the conspiracy theory bit when you capped. Pity. I'll try to re-write the majority of it, or at least, in outline.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2011
    oh shit really? I had to do several printscreens so I guess its not surprising I missed something.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • oh shit really? I had to do several printscreens so I guess its not surprising I missed something.
    Nah, it's because I deleted it, because I literally couldn't keep a straight face, and god help me if he responded to it. I meant that you got in there after that. You can see the beginnings of it brewing a few posts up.
  • when the fuck did Sam Danziger go crazy like that? Didn't he used to be sane-ish?
    We rarely talked to him about anything that wasn't related directly to geekery. His crazy couldn't get out.
  • edited April 2011
    Man, when the fuck did Sam Danziger go crazy like that? Didn't he used to be sane-ish?
    Sam is a weird guy. He always has been. He's a really nice dude but he is a Hardcore Catholic Libertarian (I've never understood how you can want as little laws as possible and also be a Catholic but anyhow) So generally he's hyper defense about any attacks on Catholics and has some weird views on contraception and gays along with strong libertarian views. What's even more interesting is that he works in bioengineering at a college where he has to be working under a grant probably from the government :-p But I'll have to investigate that a bit. Either way, he'll admit when he screwed up and he's a fun guy to debate with even with his werid social views.

My favorite part of the above conversation is where Churba freaking lists every weird view that Ron Paul has and he is then dismissed that it is trivial.... I'm really not sure what Matt thinks is trivial or not..
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • RymRym
    edited April 2011
    hyper defense about any attacks on Catholics and has some weird views on contraception and gay
    So, an average Libertarian? ;^)
    a fun guy to debate with
    It depends. I love a good debate with someone on an issue where we disagree fiercely, but I have no more patience for opponents who don't realize it when they're already dead.
    Post edited by Rym on