This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Flouridation of water is a communist plot and other tales of the crazy side of the internet

14567810»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I biggest problem with a video like that is it makes 1OOOO many claims that it's nearly impossible to debunk without putting many hours into the debunking.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • dsfdsf
    edited May 2011
    jesse daley thought a vampire the masquerade accessory (book of nod) was real. which is funny because this guy made fun of us for playing rpgs.
    Post edited by dsf on
  • dsfdsf
    edited May 2011
    I want to go to wherever they're going to be for their rapture party or whatever. The looks on those poor morons' faces when nothing happens, and their disappointment in still being alive would be priceless.
    The schadenfreude would probably be near-orgasmic.
    i can't wait for may 22. can they arrest the preacher guy afterwards as a con-artist?
    Post edited by dsf on
  • can they arrest the preacher guy afterwards as a con-artist?
    Can I be charged with fraud if I offer rapture insurance?
    If not, let's get cracking!
    Wasn't there that company offering to take care of people's pets after they got raptured?

Fake edit: Yup, right here. The website is either admined shittily, or has a funny sense of humor.
  • Listening to those people who believe the end of the world is coming in this NPR recording was just to much to infuriate me. I was completely baffled when they talked to the couple who has a 2 year old and a baby due in June and they are spending all their money because they believe the Rapture is coming.
    Apparently according to my friend Alex, they are canvasing my neighborhood as I type this.. Too bad I'm at work, I wanted to see if they would give me some money ^_^
    Answere the door naked.
  • I propose a change of the title of this thread: "Evolution is a jewish plot to destroy christianity"
  • Damn, blocked at work, due to Racism and Hate. What are you trying to do to me at work :-p
  • I propose a change of the title of this thread: "Evolution is a jewish plot to destroy christianity"
    My favorite line:
    Yet anti-Zionist leadership on the right remains oblivious to the fact that evolution is the largest, ugliest, most aggressive tentacle of the Jewish revolutionary octopus.
    Holy fuck, where do you come up with stuff like this?
  • edited May 2011
    That's double comical considering one of the most famous political cartoons of Hitler and the Nazis was him as the head of an octopus spreading over Europe. So they are trying to superimpose the image of Judaism onto a caricature used to portray Nazis. Way to fail.
    EDIT:
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • The woman my mom hired as a sales associate for our cheese has Ron Paul, 9/11 truther, and infowars.com bumper stickers all over her car, and has hinted that she thinks the moon landing was faked. She's a really lovely, talented person who's great at her job, but by god she is crazy.
  • Birthers still live and breath and are crazy
    Wow... So much crazy.
    Wow. So it's one conspiracy rag citing another conspiracy rag as evidence? They are using their own comments of "I bet they release a fake birth certificate" as proof that they current birth certificate is fake because...they said it earlier?
    I can't even fathom the stupid going on here.
  • she thinks the moon landing was faked
    Those people make me so mad! I want to hit them! The moon landing is one of my favorite historical events ever, and I want to Buzz Aldrin punch people who doubt the power of our scientific effort. It stands for so many things that I want out of humanity. The image of looking back at earth, so tiny in the distance, is really cool. If humanity could realize we all live on this little rock, and outside is spacespacespace which is huge and full of nothing except little bits where matter is clumped up...Wow. Imagine that.

Also, I had this wonderful fantasy about the future where all the old beautiful churches were converted into science centers where professors would give great lectures on the vastness and intricacy of the cosmos. These thoughts are stirring and moving, but it is all real! I don't want to make science into a religion, but if people were full of the same sort of awe and wonderment at space as they are at gods, it would be so cool. I am full of wonderment at space, and the fact that we have but merely dipped a toe in the cosmic ocean, as Carl Sagan wrote.
  • Also, I had this wonderful fantasy about the future where all the old beautiful churches were converted into science centers where professors would give great lectures on the vastness and intricacy of the cosmos. These thoughts are stirring and moving, but it is all real! I don't want to make science into a religion, but if people were full of the same sort of awe and wonderment at space as they are at gods, it would be so cool. I am full of wonderment at space, and the fact that we have but merely dipped a toe in the cosmic ocean, as Carl Sagan wrote.
    Carl Sagan was one of the few people who could incite that sort of feeling of awe and wonderment at space.
  • Carl Sagan was one of the few people who could incite that sort of feeling of awe and wonderment at space.
    Also in the running for that title.
  • And then I discovered there are people who legitimately think Stargates are real, and the TV show is a conspiracy.
    I like how those crazy conspiracy sites always have really modern, cutting edge web-site designs. That even has gif of an pegasus in the end.
  • I can't find it anymore, but on the site that used to be Biblebelievers.org but now has disappeared, there were some people saying that AIDS is a conspiracy fabricated by Hitler to wipe out the gay gene. It was such a masterpiece of insanity, but the only evidence I can find that it existed is at the blog "Moody by Name," which says in one post:
    The AIDS virus. Some people believe it was created by the CIA or KGB in order to control population levels or something. Not true. It came from outer space. The virus got here on a meteorite and is actually a living, thinking life form that is trying to communicate with us. It infected humans as its only means of survival in a hostile alien environment. By trying to cure AIDS we are killing this intelligent, beautiful species.
    I can't tell if he's being ironic or not.
  • I'm having a discussion about the legalization of drugs in another forum. We got to the point where we're discussing whether or not government oversight would improve the safety of drugs. One guy declared that the words "government oversight" is an oxymoron based on the fact that Fracking is severely underrated. When I told him that while that is true, the FDA has been doing quite a good job in keeping food clean and save, and the production of foods from harming people, I get the following response:
    You actually think that the Government is doing a GOOD job regulating food & drugs??

WOW, I musta been blind! How dumb must I be, thank you, thanks so much for opening my eyes...
    I guess the massive increase in obesity, man boobs, autism, alergies, asthma, and heart problems are just the next stage of our evolution. Has NOTHING to do with what corporations are putting into our food and drugs. After all, the Government is doing a great job with oversight and would never allow greedy companies to cause people harm...silly me

Oh wait, if companies DIDNT make us sick, then the other companies that prescribe us cool new drugs for our illnesses would lose tons of money, and thats bad for the economy.
    How did humanity ever survive with Lipitor???
    How I love people who cite genetic diseases and obesity, a problem entirely inflicted by people on themselves, as evidence for how bad those food and drug corporations are. Conspiracy and all.
  • obesity (+man boobs) - It's about sedentary people taking in too many calories. It's a lifestyle problem, not a corporate problem. Granted, the stuff they market to people as food is not helping the obesity issue. Fresh greens don't have as much paid advertising as Big Macs. I think that some applications of "food science" chemistry are often somewhat harmful to the health of the public (see trans fats). However, many thyroid problems (a small amount of obesity cases, and often it doesn't cause obesity) have been posited to have been caused by environmental factors (pollution in the Great Lakes is possibly to blame for the very high incidence surrounding that area.)
    autism - There was a recent study that suggested it might be congenital, and linked to the mother having a high fever during pregnancy, which interferes with development of certain neurological traits. Or it could be genetically inherited. Still, not corporations.
    allergies (+asthma) - There are theories that the rise in food allergies is in part due to the fact that we feed a large variety of stuff (like nuts) to babies who are still you enough to have a permeable gut. Stuff leaks through, body freaks out, auto immune fail. It's a similar principle to Celiac's Disease. (Now this is just one theory). Also, there is the "Kids don't have enough dirt!" theory and the "air pollution makes it hard to breath" theory. None of these have to do with corporations, but rather modern lifestyles and living habits.
  • Miss, are you telling me that science and common sense can beat out a crazy guy on the internet who probably thinks the government is listening to him through his monitor? I DARESAY YOUNG LADY. I DARESAY.
  • Miss, are you telling me that science and common sense can beat out a crazy guy on the internet who probably thinks the government is listening to him through his monitor? I DARESAY YOUNG LADY. I DARESAY.
    if only that was true, and then I wouldn't be arguing with people so much...
    I think I just need to vent, because I just wrote down what went through my head. The offender can't even see it.
  • are you kidding me, Microsoft timestamp? is that what their argument is based on?
  • Casting some thread Necromancy since this seems like the best spot:

Mike Adams, the self-declared Health Ranger and proprietor of NaturalNews.com is probably going to jail.

Basically, the guy more or less called a jihad on GMO producers and people who aren't on his side of the fence on GMOs and essentially told the readers on his site to go kill them. He went full Godwin and all. He then linked to a different site listing the names and addresses of people who support GMOs. He claimed that the site wasn't his, but it was later shown that he published it. Failing that he claimed that the site was a false flag to make him and people like him look bad (which of course must be the reason why he linked to it like it was legit and he agreed with its sentiment).

The FBI is now investigating him.
  • Man i completely forgot this thread I created :-p Guess I haven't been hit with crazy shit as much these days.....or it has gotten very regular :-p