This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns!

Comments

• To all the muggers out there: use revolvers.
    If you hold a revolver cylinder you won't be able to pull the hammer back.
    Yeah, but wouldn't it be harder to grab the cylinder than the slide?
    Yeah, but wouldn't it be harder to grab the cylinder than the slide?
    Not really.
  • Has anyone here ever shot a muzzle loading rifle? They're great fun for range shooting, but you don't need to tell me about their inherent issues against modern rifles, or in the zombie apocalypse. I'm just curious to see.
  • Has anyone here ever shot a muzzle loading rifle? They're great fun for range shooting, but you don't need to tell me about their inherent issues against modern rifles, or in the zombie apocalypse. I'm just curious to see.
    Can't say I have, but I got to handle a muzzle-loading pistol once. Didn't get to fire it, but I suspect it would have been rather uncomfortable to shoot.
  • I've handled a muzzle loader, but never actually fired one.
  • FUCKING AWESOME
  • FUCKING AWESOME
    Holy crap! Not real guns, but fascinating nonetheless.
  • I built a crude muzzleloader in my garage when I was thirteen in emulation of my hero Richard Sharpe, and was rewarded with a burn on my hand that remains to this day in what was probably the closest I've ever come to death. Does that count?
  • I built a crude muzzleloader in my garage when I was thirteen in emulation of my hero Richard Sharpe, and was rewarded with a burn on my hand that remains to this day in what was probably the closest I've ever come to death. Does that count?
    Wow, if you're gonna make a zip gun at least make obe that uses normal cartridges.
  • FUCKING AWESOME
    Those are the most amazing guns in the world. They're beautiful, and cannot kill.
  • Re: muzzle loaders. I have fired some, I think. Fired some black powder rifles out at Philmont. Didn't really do much of the handling beyond shooting them.
    THIS is what I call a pistol.
  • edited August 2011
    That's what I call a pepperbox. And useless. And heavy.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • THIS is what I call a pistol.
    That's a neat example, most pepperbox pistols only had around four barrels. They are indeed pretty useless however.
  • I know I just thought it was funny looking. Does anybody still make peppeboxes that aren't' like derringers?
  • I know I just thought it was funny looking. Does anybody still make peppeboxes that aren't' like derringers?
    What do you mean, as in they have more than two barrels? The most modern one you will find is the COP 357 which is no longer manufactured, as the COP company went out of business. You may remember it from the second Matrix film.
  • Just to make y'all hurt - A Gallery of Kaboom.
  • For those of you who haven't before shot a muzzle loading rifle, you're missing out. I love my black powder rifle, and although it takes about 30-45 seconds to reload(if you've had tons of practice), it's got to be my favorite firearm.
  • I got a AK this weekend. This weapon is amazingly simple, I love it.
  • Oooh, what model?
  • edited September 2011
    It's a Century Arms GP WASR-10/63. It's pretty much a bog standard AKM pattern rifle. Wood stock and hand guard with a polymer pistol grip. 7.62x39 cartridge. I was looking for a .223 AKM, but the gun salesman made a good point for a 7.62 AK.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited September 2011
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't 7.62x39 cartridges armor piercing?

How much did that run you, by the way?
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't 7.62x39 cartridges armor piercing?
    You are wrong and forgiven. Actually Chinese military 7.62x39 has a mild steel core (cause steel is cheap as dirt in China) and is thus considered by the US to be AP rounds. These rounds have no actual armor piercing capabilities. I don't have any Chinese rounds, you can't get them in the US.
    How much did that run you, by the way?
    $500
  • 7.62x39 cartridges armor piercing?
    Cartridges != Bullet.
  • It's a Century Arms GP WASR-10/63. It's pretty much a bog standard AKM pattern rifle. Wood stock and hand guard with a polymer pistol grip. 7.62x39 cartridge. I was looking for a .223 AKM, but the gun salesman made a good point for a 7.62 AK.
    Are you going to use this weapon for cathartic release?
  • Cartridges != Bullet.
    I am aware of this.
    $500
    Nice, I may have to purchase one for myself when I have the moneys.
  • Are you going to use this weapon for cathartic release?
    No, nor would I ever recommend that.
  • Yeah, you need something fully automatic for that :P
  • Are you going to use this weapon for cathartic release?
    No, nor would I ever recommend that.
    I meant on a range.