This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meta Forum Comments

Comments

• Yeah, I've had that bug as well.
  • I get that bug every day...
  • Wow, I've never had that bug, running updated Chrome on Windows 7.
  • The things of your day thread unread post count reset for me and showed 105 new comments even though there were only 1 or 2.
  • That has happened to me a couple times but the thing that annoys me most is when there are several new comments and the first of them is the last comment on the previous page but it goes to the new page when I open the thread even though it still has an unread post on the previous page.
  • I'm still here because of the Breakfast Club.
  • I'm still here because of the Breakfast Club.
    And we're glad. It wouldn't be the same around here without you. Let alone in the Breakfast club.

• I'm not the youngest one on the forum.
  • How old is the youngest one?

For that matter, how old is the oldest? It'd be interesting to see demographic data from the forum. I kind of assume most people are in their mid-late 20's.
  • _| ̄|○

(>人<;)
  • Ro, why would you do that?
  • I am no longer in that age bracket. Ah well.
  • I think I fall into the younger end of the group. I think theres a gaggle of the uni age kicking around.
  • I am median forum age.
  • I think I fall into the younger end of the group. I think theres a gaggle of the uni age kicking around.
    I'm both old, and a uni kid. Yay for getting housing on campus at 27.
    I'm both old, and a uni kid. Yay for getting housing on campus at 27.
    I'm not saying you should become an alcohol courier for all the underage kids, but I will say that there is a chance for it to be a lucrative business for you.

Not going off of personal experiences of course.
  • I would enjoy forum statistics like age range & median/quartiles, or age correlated to activity, or geographical locations, etc.
  • Perhaps a google doc is in order?
  • How old is the youngest one?

For that matter, how old is the oldest? It'd be interesting to see demographic data from the forum. I kind of assume most people are in their mid-late 20's.
    New youngest is the kid who started the So I Want to Be A Computer Scientist thread, though we'll see if he sticks. Technically the oldest is Constantine (no ones over 50, yes?) but he only posts on con threads (pun not intended) so I don't know if he counts.
  • edited August 2012
    I've been younger than you this whole time Greg. Herp Derp nevermind. Is HungryJoe older than Constantine?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • OKCupid just made me a moderator and I've only been on that site for about a year. I've been on this forum since 2006, and yet no one trusts me with the ban hammer... WTF!?!?
  • ... i had no idea there even was such a process.
  • OKCupid just made me a moderator and I've only been on that site for about a year. I've been on this forum since 2006, and yet no one trusts me with the ban hammer... WTF!?!?
    Because we know you.
    I didn't know OKC even had moderators. What does an OKC moderator do?
  • edited August 2012
    Stuff and things. Mostly ban fake profiles and dick pics.

And stuff that breaks the user agreement. Which is more then you thing really,,, but mostly dick pics.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Do you get paid per dick pic, or what?
  • Yup. Unfortunately they pay me with more dick pics :/ I guess you'd call it Per Dick'em.

It's a voluntary thing. No pay, no obligations, but I do get to read some letters and wonder WTF!?!? is wrong with ppl. Ex: One girl REALLY wanted to ban a guy that stood her up. She was not a happy camper.
  • Perhaps a google doc is in order?
    Working on it now.
  • Jack and Linkigi are having the same flamewar in two threads. I don't understand why the feel the need to monopolize the forum like this
  • At this point the forum might as well be the Wild Wild West (starring Will Smith). It's any mans game out here.