This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Gravity Falls

edited October 2012 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we review the delightful Gravity Falls. But first, Scott is buying an new pillow, I want you all to contribute to #ikuharaWorld, we're not bothering with the New York Comic Con this year, the Madoka Magica movie did indeed make it to the United States, and we discuss Pitch inflation. Also, in the spirit of Halloween, prepare yourself for the visage of Frankenstein's Monster, aka a hockey goalie in the days before facemasks.

The GeekNights IRC channel is rocking! Also, we need to know if you want us to do one or more of: An episode-by-episode analysis of Shoujo Kakumei Utena, OR, Scott muckspreading. Finally: Ultra Relax!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• For Scott!

• Yes on Utena. FUCK YES!

Zettai unmei mokushiroku!
  • YAY. Glad you guys are into Gravity Falls.
  • Yes on Utena. FUCK YES!

Zettai unmei mokushiroku!
    I second this.
  • Utena, Utena, Utena. If there won't be another Utena episode I will make empty threats against you.

• RymRym
    edited October 2012
    Also, Scott, Sawchuk was a Red Wing. We retired his god damned number as a legend. ;^)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Yes, the IRC channel needs more bodies.

No, I didn't know what muckspreading was. I don't know how to feel about that.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2012
    Once again, Scrym has converted me to another awesome show. I just watched the first episode and this is a show that I like a whole helluva lot and find hilarious.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Finally, we got a pillow talk with Rym and Scott segment. :P
  • edited October 2012
    Liking hot pillows makes you wrong and a communist. A wronumist, the worst kind of wrong.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • So I decided to watch the first episode.

Shit, I'm hooked.
  • I'll just leave this here.

• I named him Waddles, because he waddles!
  • Another vote for Utena
  • edited October 2012
    OMG. The pillow conversation is hilarious.

Scott, what pillow did you buy? I don't feel like rewinding.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • OMG. The pillow conversation is hilarious.

Scott, what pillow did you buy? I don't feel like rewinding.
    I bought this pillow.

Z by Malouf 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow, QUEEN-HIGH LOFT-FIRM

I slept on it last night. Here is my review after one night. The pillow is wider than other pillows. Still fits in a standard pillow case mostly. It does smell a little bit, but I only noticed the smell on the open end of the pillowcase. At the other end of the pillow, the smell did not get through. I can't comment on whether the smell will go away with time. Sleeping on it feels almost like a waterbed like woosh. However, it does stay firm. Despite feeling comfortable and wooshy, my head was very much elevated. far away from the mattress. I usually need two regular pillows, but this thing might be good enough to get the job done all on its own.
  • I also sleep on a latex foam pillow, although less fancy than that one. The smell does indeed go away.
  • Down pillows all the way. Also, super-soft pillowtop mattresses.
  • Wrapped up like a mummy and lowered into a coffin six feet under ground.
  • Man, that's a nice pillow. Though I still gotta go with Rym on this one, I prefer down pillows.
  • Sleep with Rym on this one?
  • edited October 2012
    My wife and I bought a generic Tempurpedic king-size mattress 12 inches thick, the firm kind. Best thing we ever spent that much money on. Ever.

Although recently my littlest daughter keeps surreptitiously climbing into bed with us during the night, and then managing through many oscillations and reversals and readjustments to FALL OFF the fucking thing about twice a week. Luckily she's still asleep when she does it so her body is limp. It makes quite a slap sound on the hardwood parcade flooring...
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited October 2012
    Sleep with Rym on this one?
    Lord no. He's pretty, but taken, and that ain't my style without permission.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Hot & warm pillows?! No way!...
  • Sleep with Rym on this one?

All things are negotiable.

• edited October 2012
    Sleep with Rym on this one?

All things are negotiable.
    Emphasis on the last two words of my statement.

Post edited by Churba on
  • On the pillow discussion I partially agree with Scott. Pillow is good when it's cool, cold might be too much, but cool pillow is best pillow.
  • On the pillow discussion I partially agree with Scott. Pillow is good when it's cool, cold might be too much, but cool pillow is best pillow.
    Well yeah obviously nobody wants a pillow full of ice.